• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol.5

Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 5

I'm okay with drinking coffee black since I've eaten things more bitter like bitter melon. :X

I think I bought a bitter melon before, it got bad in the fridge so I never ate it...
The quality of the coffee bean affects the flavor, so higher-quality coffee is more palatable black, I think.
I drink mine black with stevia :3

(Btw, your avatar is so cute >w< )

So you don't like black coffee?
If you're up to it, I recommend buying a French Press and some organic/fair trade coffee, then grinding it and cold-brewing it overnight.

It is legit waaaaaaay better than any of that hot-brewed stuff!
Actually I've gotten used to black coffee - I think its bitter flavor felt too strange for me to enjoy before.

And interestingly, I recently bought a French coffee press for our family and we all are enjoying it very much! :D
It is also useful for making foam in the milk for lattes <3

I agree with it being better than hot-brewed stuff :>

Wait wait, how do you use it to make foamy milk? o_O

I love coffee when I get around to drinking it! I take it any way that I can. Black, creme and a whole lot of sugars or just straight black-it's awesome. Not getting into a daily habit of it though since it costs money.

Wait wait, how do you use it to make foamy milk? o_O

You pour milk into the press and move the piston-like thing up and down. It drives air into the milk and makes it foamy. (It's quite effective than it sounds, lol.)

[video=youtube;VYMWrT0MnwM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYMWrT0MnwM[/video]
Different language but the video will speak for itself. It shows the process from around 38 seconds.

I love coffee when I get around to drinking it! I take it any way that I can. Black, creme and a whole lot of sugars or just straight black-it's awesome. Not getting into a daily habit of it though since it costs money.

I stick to the commercial mixes - espresso-based coffee costs a lot to enjoy every day x)

Coffee. Cant stand the stuff... ive had it twice over my life and both times i couldnt stand the taste. and i cant justify spending that kind of money to support me drinking coffee. With looking at prices for some of these Name brand/ Organic/ fair trade choices and about how often people in my demographic consume these types of drinks, i think i would be spending the same amound as a few Mobil 1 fully synthetic oil changes AKA NOT CHEAP. therefore i will likely never have to worry too much about coffee

When I buy coffee I try to visit those small cafes rather than name brand. Starbucks costs too much; at least five thousand won for a decent sized coffee drink (about five bucks). Buying Americano coffee from Starbucks sounds like a waste to me, if I'm buying something I'd buy a drink that I can't get anywhere else like a Frappuccino. At least with small cafes they are usually cheaper, and even have better services like free refills.

Yeah, Starbucks is pretty expensive :l shame cause I like their coffee drinks a lot. They generally make them pretty well in my experience too. I don't actually like regular coffee that much but I still make it and drink it at home.

You pour milk into the press and move the piston-like thing up and down. It drives air into the milk and makes it foamy. (It's quite effective than it sounds, lol.)

[video=youtube;VYMWrT0MnwM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYMWrT0MnwM[/video]
Different language but the video will speak for itself. It shows the process from around 38 seconds.

Oh, cool! Thanks for sharing :D
Maybe I can make some foamy plant milk >w<

Yeah, Starbucks is pretty expensive :l shame cause I like their coffee drinks a lot. They generally make them pretty well in my experience too. I don't actually like regular coffee that much but I still make it and drink it at home.

They are really expensive. Have you tried their iced green tea latte, though?
I really love that drink :d I get mine with soy milk, extra matcha, and no sweetener.
Seriously, if there's one complaint I can make about Starbucks, it's that their drinks are sooooo unnecessarily sweet!

I can't believe you were going to exercise at night! Do you do that regularly? If I ever get too physically active within a few hours of going to bed, I ruin my sleep, so I tend to

Yes, thank you, I feel much better now :)
I think I felt ill because I had too much coffee, ahaha~

Well I don't have a very solid schedule normally, and at times can sleep the length of a whole day and some of the night, and at others can stay up for a few days. But now in particular it's Ramadan, so I'm up all night (bad me, lol).
To answer your question, if I exercise I usually do it whenever I'm awake, be it night or day. I have a stationary bike and push it in front of the tv and work out that way XD

I think an intense cardio session helps me to sleep easier, because I get exhausted. I have times where insomnia hits me hard, and for a few days up to a week or more I barely sleep (and the opposite happens, but not as intense). I am strange o_O

Do you have any exercise machinery at your house? You can do some treadmilling (lol), while reading or watching tv! (Helps pass time.)
Or go for a walk :D
My favorite time to walk is sunset, but it's too hot right now where I live (Florida).

And don't worry, I also get lazy to exercise, and can sometimes go almost a week without it D:
If you don't keep up with it regularly, it gets hard...

could I get any slower at replying lmao

It's good to hear you felt better in the end! Of course, that kind of thing can change up your routine quite a lot - my best friend is also fasting and because of the nighttime meals her routine is a bit strange now. Good luck with it!

I wish I slept better after exercise too, though. I'm sorry you have to deal with insomnia D: We can't afford any equipment but I do tend to walk quite a bit when running errands or, surprisingly, when I'm running around the house cleaning, so I'm not totally hibernating, haha. I think if I didn't do those things at least I would really be in trouble fitness wise. I have exercise-induced asthma so it's bad enough at the best of times, let alone if I don't get any physical activity at all.

I get why Starbucks sweetens drinks so much, to be honest. As somebody who can't tolerate the bitterness of coffee that isn't heavily sweetened, I figure it makes it more widely palatable and thus profitable. I can't drink any type of coffee regularly unless it has a tonne of milk and sugar in it, to be honest, and I'm too worried about it staining my teeth anyway. >___< I will only drink it in dire times of needing short term energy, like just before a short exam if I didn't sleep at all the night before.

Don't worry, that means you have a life

Thank you :3
It's alright...it comes and goes; though one time I barely slept for like a week o_D

Walking is still good exercise! Especially in the evening, at night, or early AM when it's way cooler.
Exercise-induced asthma? I'll be honest and admit that I know very very little about asthma. Though, I hope it doesn't trouble you very much :c

But what about their non-coffee drinks? Like the iced green tea latte, for example. It tastes perfectly fine without any added pumps of sugar .>.

Oh my god, how did you survive?! I think the longest I've gone with only a few hours sleep is about three days, and even that was like a blur by the end. O__O

Yeah, it's a good way to get some exercise in without feeling like it's anything too heavy, especially if you're already unfit. My walk to college was quite good for that - walking there and back was an uphill/downhill total of 3 miles, so it was quite handy to get that little bit more activity in during term time.

Most people I know only know much about it if they have it, so I don't blame you. xD It's not too bad, I mainly just have to use an inhaler about twenty minutes before I do any cardio, otherwise I develop a slightly painful chest and a wheeze and cough for the rest of the day after. It used to be a near constant thing, but as I've gotten older it only happens if I do anything cardio-heavy.

I've never tried a cold green tea drink or any green tea from cafe or a coffee shop, actually! But from my experience drinking it hot I definitely think it would be gross to add sugar to it. I've quite a sweet tooth but I definitely don't like the sound of that. >___<

Haha, you know as a teenager I once stayed up three days in a row :p
No sleep. At all.
I was soooo enamored with Kingdom Hearts 2, that I literally did not sleep. I did nothing but play for those three days. And I enjoyed every minute of it. (That, my friends, is called, "Hyper-focus," the hidden ability of every person that has ADHD, lmao.)

It would be lovely to walk places! Where do you live? I live in Florida, and it's not particularly safe to walk around outside :( I wish I could ditch the car and just walk everywhere (or bike!).
That's one of the reasons I want to move to a small town or city in Europe (preferably a place like Sweden or Finland).

You can never cure it? :( I'm sorry it troubles you like that...

Try the iced green tea latte from Starbucks! It is seriously amazing. I get mine with soymilk, extra matcha and no added sweetener (because the soymilk, which is organic btw, is already sweetened and so is the matcha).

A few weeks ago was the first time I ever stayed up all night, actually. I was home alone for an entire day, not to mention I'm caring for a senile dog, so I didn't want to think about what could happen if I fell asleep. I just watched abridged series all night. It was actually really surreal to watch the Sun go down, then do other stuff for a few hours and see the Sun come up again. The night is not as long as I'd imagine. :p

I've tried staying up all night before, but I always crash around 3AM, even with distractions. How do you people do it?

I've tried staying up all night before, but I always crash around 3AM, even with distractions. How do you people do it?

Being cursed with insomnia helps.

Well that's... saddening.

Haha you asked. Honestly it's not so bad unless you have early morning commitments. Pulling all nighters can be fun so as long as it's by choice and you're not just lying there in bed like a madman.

Back
Top Bottom