• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol.5

I just see social medias like every single person in their own corner yelling at others across the room and I just cant get into that kinda thing. I want to talk to people more easily and have converations and I just feel like the way social media is set up makes that difficult.

I think they're more oriented towards more extroverted people who want to share their stories or thoughts with lots of people at once.
I'm more introverted and only feel like talking about select things with a select few people I consider good and trusted friends, and even when I'm feeling a bit more outgoing I'm still looking for a sense of community, so I'm more comfortable in forums and other relatively slow platforms.

I much prefer forums to other forms of online interaction. I'll feel very sad when forums become obsolete, much like the sadness I felt when vanity sites, fansites and various other kinds of geocities/angelfire sites became obsolete with the birth of Myspace. (Man, I feel old typing that...)

The only reason I'm on social media is to keep in touch with family. But even then it's kind of pointless because I have unfollowed the vast majority of them for posting things that angered me. I feel like I used to get along much better with them back when the phrase "personal life" actually meant something...

I've never had a Tumblr account but I did give Twitter a try. I hated it so much. One thing I like about forums is that everyone is involved in a thread whereas with non-forum social media, you are the one who is in control and bringing attention to yourself. They're also shittily moderated so if you have some random douche annoying you, the mods do very little in your favor since they love the ad revenue. I just don't care for that and I just like to be involved with whatever people are discussing where mods actually care about their communities. I do have a Facebook, but I use it to keep in touch with family and offline friends (or online friends that I have known for ages). I also set it to private so if I did post something, it's not like the entire world can see it.

I'm not a fan of the lack of rule enforcement on social media either. It's just a cesspool at times.

Aaaaaaah I'm finally on holidays. It's nice to have that feeling of not having anything specific I need to do.

I find myself wishing that I'd signed up to some kind of summer course to keep my studying brain active, though.

Teachers who pile on work just before the holidays are evil IMO. If you're rushing stuff, that's on you to better manage your class time, not us to try to digest everything in a week.

I've been dealing with that as well. There are lab tests and reports on them that need to be done, and the teachers themselves are given a deadling to get most of them done before the holidays, so they're pushing them down on us too. But I finally got done with the last one for the year today.

I find that weird, I don't recall ever having homework over the holiday breaks. We might have something small over the easter break, because we'd usually only get a week off for that but otherwise everything was pretty self-contained.

Me neither, sometimes it would happen in high school but never now. I was talking about homework before the breaks to catch up with the deadlines, not during them...

Back
Top Bottom