• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol.5

I'm sad because in general forums have given way to Discord, I don't understand how people prefer Discord. I guess I can see the appeal, but forums are just so much more cozy. Plus I've had some bad experiences on Discord, so now I'm only in 3 servers, and one of them is just a personal vault for me to store stuff.
I have a Zelda Dungeon account, but I haven't used it in forever. I tried playing Mafia over there once but I was sick and trying to juggle three Mafia games at once so I ended up having to sub out...

Maybe of I can remember my password I'll try and play there again some.

Aside from that, I do have an accounts on a few other forums- Serebii, The Cave of Dragonflies, Thousand Roads, Smogon, MafiaColoseum and potentially a few forums that I made accounts on but never used. I don't actively post recently in basically any of these other places, though, but I lurk in a couple of em. Forumwise, Bulbagarden's the only one I've engaged with that much.
Our mafia section is so dead, we've been stuck in signups for like 2 months now. Help would be appreciated.

I'm sad because in general forums have given way to Discord, I don't understand how people prefer Discord. I guess I can see the appeal, but forums are just so much more cozy. Plus I've had some bad experiences on Discord, so now I'm only in 3 servers, and one of them is just a personal vault for me to store stuff.

Our mafia section is so dead, we've been stuck in signups for like 2 months now. Help would be appreciated.
Yeah, I agree forums are much better than Discord. I definitely agree with prefering the feel of them, and people not being able to call me out for starting typing without saying anything. I'm only on, like, four servers on discord, and only two of them are remotely active- I haven't had any bad exleriences with discord like you mention, but it's definitely not as comfortable to me as forums.

Which sections count towards post count on ZD? I wanna get the five posts outta the way before I sign up for the game so I don't forget again and have my posts get stopped while waiting for mod approval.

What's your name on Serebii? I'm there under the same username as this one.
My username's DawningWinds on all the forums I'm on.

Which sections count towards post count on ZD? I wanna get the five posts outta the way before I sign up for the game so I don't forget again and have my posts get stopped while waiting for mod approval.
I know that mafia, forum games, lorule lounge, all don't, and everything else is good afaik. I think one of the forum related ones don't, either the tutorials and faq or suggestions and feedback one don't.

I'm in Florida. It's about 70 out right now. It has been cold(er) in the mornings, at least by Florida's standards. Sinuses have been wrecking all of us.

I cannot imagine 15-25 degrees. It has gotten close when I lived in South Carolina but not on a regular basis.

There’s snow outside my window right now; ‘nuff said!

@wanderist
I lived in New York City for a time, and by their standards, between 15 and 25 degrees would be probably considered warm, haha. Snow is a guarantee there around this time of year, and I distinctly remember seeing literal mountains of snow being formed in the aftermath of particularly intense snowstorms (some of which my young self was even tempted on climb on, as horrible of an idea that would’ve been). Where I live now would pretty much be completely shut down by that kind of snow, but for New Yorkers, it’s just another day for them (no school closures for you, kiddos!). They don’t call it “The City That Never Sleeps” for nothing (although given that I was quite young then, I don’t really know what — if anything — has changed since then).

@RavenRaziel98
Is that in Fahrenheit or Celsius? I’d assume Fahrenheit because the latter sounds a bit warm to me, but then I probably wouldn’t know any better (we Americans are really crap with the metric system, haha).

There’s snow outside my window right now; ‘nuff said!

@wanderist
I lived in New York City for a time, and by their standards, between 15 and 25 degrees would be probably considered warm, haha. Snow is a guarantee there around this time of year, and I distinctly remember seeing literal mountains of snow being formed in the aftermath of particularly intense snowstorms (some of which my young self was even tempted on climb on, as horrible of an idea that would’ve been). Where I live now would pretty much be completely shut down by that kind of snow, but for New Yorkers, it’s just another day for them (no school closures for you, kiddos!). They don’t call it “The City That Never Sleeps” for nothing (although given that I was quite young then, I don’t really know what — if anything — has changed since then).

@RavenRaziel98
Is that in Fahrenheit or Celsius? I’d assume Fahrenheit because the latter sounds a bit warm to me, but then I probably wouldn’t know any better (we Americans are really crap with the metric system, haha).
I indeed used Fahrenheit even though no one in Germany does, I considered it to be less confusing this way :)

I need to learn Celsius (and have been trying) because Japan uses Celsius but I can't really wrap my head around it. I know that 32F is 0C (freezing), and 100C is 212F (boiling), but I don't really get the increases lol.
I'm surprisingly OK with centimeters though.
I don't get Fahrenheit but I don't care about temperature measurement units, as long as I can stick with the metric system everything else is fine ^^

celsius isn't actually part of the metric system, though it is based off of a metric unit. the proper unit for temperature is Kelvin. but that's enough nerding for now.

i don't get how the increases of temperature in degrees celsius are confusing. 1 degree is 1/100th of the temperature difference between freezing and boiling water.

celsius isn't actually part of the metric system, though it is based off of a metric unit. the proper unit for temperature is Kelvin. but that's enough nerding for now.

i don't get how the increases of temperature in degrees celsius are confusing. 1 degree is 1/100th of the temperature difference between freezing and boiling water.
Yeah, I had a kinda bad choice of words, what I wanted to say is that I wouldn't care if we would use Celsius or Fahrenheit as long as I can stick with the metric system in terms of the other stuff. If the freezing point of water is 32° instead of 0° that may be a little odd but I could accept that, just let me stick with the metric system :D

I actually prefer Fahrenheit because with that, the temperature outside ranges from about 0-100 degrees. Granted, it can get warmer or colder, but for the most part it stays there, plus you can have more precision with it.
sorry, but how does the unit you choose to express temperature in affect how precise you can be with it?

decimals are a thing. you can get any amount of precision with any unit.

But decimals are kinda hard to use in casual talk IMO?? maybe people who use celsius do use decimals a lot, who knows??
Yeah tako nailed it, decimals would be awkward if you're just wondering if you should be wearing a jacket. Fahrenheit has no such weaknesses

Back
Top Bottom