• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol.5

My family drove down to Fargo (which is three or so hours from where I live) just to eat at Sonic one time a couple years or so ago because my dad felt like it and there were none closer. That's the only time I can think of that I've eaten at a Sonic... Don't even remember what I got. I think the food was okay, but its not something I'd be inclined to make such a trip for again.

My family drove down to Fargo (which is three or so hours from where I live) just to eat at Sonic one time a couple years or so ago because my dad felt like it and there were none closer. That's the only time I can think of that I've eaten at a Sonic... Don't even remember what I got. I think the food was okay, but its not something I'd be inclined to make such a trip for again.
Well, in fairness it would probably take a lot for me to want to visit Fargo.

That's an amazing road trip lol. Also very boring-sounding...I mean, I wouldn't go even 30 minutes for Sonic lol
Yeah, it was pretty boring. We didn't even do anything else while we were out, just got our food and drove back home...

I'd probably be comfortable going thirty minutes to get Sonic if there was one that close, but for me a restaurant that I wouldn't go thirty minutes to get food from is roughly equivalent to a restaurant I probably wouldn't eat at if it was my next door neighbor. There are no restaurants in town except a bar (which does have excellent pizza), and the nearest other town is the same so if we want to eat out and are not already doing an out of town errand thirty minutes is about the minimum distance to drive. I'm guessing this is probably a bit different than your experience?

Hmmm I live in a town where the main thing is farms and trains, but there's a lot of options nearby. Lots of fast food stuff that takes 5-45 minutes, and there are quite a few local places as well. My favorite restaurant (it's a ramen-ya!) is actually about 10ish minutes by walking from my high school, so my friends and I go there at times. I prefer eating at home and making my own food though. I want my Japanese cooking to be the best it can!
Yeah, I figured you lived in an area with a fair few options for fast food; usually if somethings easily availble people aren't gonna want to sacrifice a lot time for it.

I've never been to a ramen-ya, the only ramen I've ever had is prepackaged, very-much-not-authentic-Japanese stuff. I've been curious about trying actual Japanese food for a while, but have no idea where I'd get it/how to make any of it.

I'm a passable cook if I have a recipe to follow, but definitely my cooking's not something that's gonna be better than a lot of restaurants. But props to you for being able to enjoy your own cooking over restaurants, homecooked stuff is usually a lot healthier than most restaurants and cheaper probably too (and I get the impression that you enjoy the cooking part of cooking from some of your posts, so maybe more fun for you too?).

There are no restaurants in town except a bar (which does have excellent pizza), and the nearest other town is the same so if we want to eat out and are not already doing an out of town errand thirty minutes is about the minimum distance to drive. I'm guessing this is probably a bit different than your experience?
shudders in LA County

I dunno, most people tend to not like it, I feel like, but I like all kinds of chocolate, I guess? But I don't eat chocolate stuff too much. I like umami more

I believe it's impossible to dislike anything that has chocolate in it, for me it's only possible when the chocolate is of poor quality or when I'm too gorged lol. But personally, I like these bars from Hershey's, but not as much as the Talento chocolate.

Back
Top Bottom