• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol.5

Do you dislike things with filling in general?
Yeah mostly. I also don't care for a lot of kinds of pies (especially fruit pies) cause of that kind of texture. (Can't think of other things I've eaten with filling to give as examples.)

Were they pretty easy? I think I'd actually like to try making some for my birthday...
Yup! Here's the process that we did because me and my mom were to lazy to make batter.
  1. Get some refrigerated biscuit dough
  2. you cut a hole in the middle if you want that style of doughnut
  3. you heat up some oil in a pan or skillet on a stove (caution: very hot!!)
  4. once the oil is hot, place them in gently, and cook until each side is light brown
  5. you remove them then and put them on a paper towel briefly
  6. while they're still warm, you put them in a paper sack with any type of sugar and shake it around. You only put around 2 or 3 at a time in the sack. You shake the bag to coat them, and then boom, biscuit doughnuts
This is just one way, I encourage you to go wild!

Ooh, I sure picked an awesome time to check on this thread! I suspect that this is going to be long one, haha…

Churros: yes or no?
I’m going to have to say both yes and no to that. Yes for the general concept of cinnamon-sprinkled bread goodness, but no for churros (which I like, but they’re not my favorite); cinnamon-sprinkled pretzels are more of my thing. You know about Auntie Anne’s, right? That’s my spot right there, haha! When I was in college, there was one literally only a minute or two from my dorm room and I went there almost every other day (along with a yogurt shop not far from there, either; I was a very fortunate person when it came to food at school then, haha).

But for my birthday in a week, instead of cake (I don't really like cake too much), I think I'll have donuts.
Pretty boss idea there, although I’m not sure how that would actually work…? Stack a bunch of donuts in a pyramid or something? Just keeping them in a box seems kind of anticlimactic for a birthday, I’d think. But I’m sure you — or whoever’s actually buying the donuts, haha — will figure something out!

I've also never been to Krispy Kreme that might be because I'm not American and the only Krispy Kreme in town is ridiculously overpriced, though.
There was a time — when I was very, very young — where I believed that Krispy Kreme was the greatest thing since sliced bread, haha, as far as donuts were concerned. They aren’t, but it’s easy to see how they’ve become something of an institution here in the States (or at least where I’ve lived at one point in the States): however you feel about the ultra-sugary nature of a lot of their donuts (including their signature glazed donut), you can’t deny just how distinctively ultra-sugary they are; you’ll always know if you’re biting into a Krispy Kreme donut. It’s somewhere that I’d be willing to go to again at least once for the sake of nostalgia, but for my true donut fix…

…I’d much rather go to a local donut shop that exists at one of the areas where I once lived, where you can find every kind of donut you can think of — and then some — at the highest home-made quality you could imagine. Strawberry… chocolate glazed… raspberry-filled… apple cinnamon… and that’s before we get to their other pastries that I can’t even remember, but yum, indeed! You’ll pay for price for that quality — they know damn well how good they are — but things are actually cheaper for large orders if you buy a dozen, and almost anything you get there can easily be frozen for a time where you have a sugar craving and discover it deep in the freezer after several months of having forgotten about it, haha.

That said, I can’t just “go” to said donut shop nowadays for reasons that I can even begin to summarize here, so in lieu of that, I’ve found myself going to another American institution a lot for my donut fix: Dunkin’ Donuts. They’re just alright for the most part — especially when you directly compare them to local-quality donuts; they mainly taste too artificially sugary in comparison — but some of their flavors can be surprisingly tasty on a good day, particularly their chocolate donuts (probably because chocolate in general almost never disappoints for me, I’ve found).

There was a time — when I was very, very young — where I believed that Krispy Kreme was the greatest thing since sliced bread, haha, as far as donuts were concerned. They aren’t, but it’s easy to see how they’ve become something of an institution here in the States (or at least where I’ve lived at one point in the States): however you feel about the ultra-sugary nature of a lot of their donuts (including their signature glazed donut), you can’t deny just how distinctively ultra-sugary they are; you’ll always know if you’re biting into a Krispy Kreme donut.
For me the best part is when they're fresh and hot. Nothing like biting into a fresh KK donut.

i used to work at a bakery where i was surrounded by nothing by pastries, since our purpose was more of a factory that made and shipped said pastries to gas station convenience stores.

i... got tired of them rather quickly, not that i had much of an appetite for pastries, anyway. :c

I hate this thread sometimes, look what you all made me do. Couldn't resist these donuts!

I hate this thread sometimes, look what you all made me do.

You... looked up a pictue of donuts? Or bought donuts and took a picture of them?

Back
Top Bottom