• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol.5

Have you seen the announcements?
You mean the Pokemon Presents announcements? They're probably better discussed over in the Pokemon Violet and Scarlet subforum, as people here might be avoiding spoilers - but yes! I'm very excited. : ) Your icon is very cute, by the way!

You guys are still talking about doughnuts?! Dedication! I went out for food with my family today and had pancakes with banana, Greek yoghurt and berry compote; much better than any doughnut. ;P Do you guys go out for food very often? I've noticed that the older my parents get, the more we eat out; I suppose because my dad tires of cooking more easily now. Of course, I can always cook for myself, but it's hard to pass up the opportunity to be lazy and go out to eat.

aaaa the forums are so active!
Do you guys go out for food very often? I've noticed that the older my parents get, the more we eat out; I suppose because my dad tires of cooking more easily now. Of course, I can always cook for myself, but it's hard to pass up the opportunity to be lazy and go out to eat.
More than I should, yeah. I specialize in sweets, but I'm really starting to get sick of eating out so much. If anyone has some good recipes they want to share, please share them with me!

@pokemoll
I literally went out to eat yesterday with a close family member of mine, as part of our larger visit to my city’s “restaurant row”. And yes, we do go there a lot (RIP wallet, haha). This time, we went somewhere that we visited once previously — our first visit, to be exact — and we ordered pretty much the exact same thing that we did last time because it was so darn good (so why reinvent the wheel?). There were only two things from last time that we excluded — mostly because of money, or lack thereof — which were an appetizer (some sort of grilled vegetables, which are more delicious than you might think) and a desert (a delicious, if sinful, ice cream brownie mix thing). But we compensated for the latter with a visit to that special ice cream shop that I mentioned a few pages earlier, and while it’s starting to get to the point where perhaps the novelty is starting to wear off a little bit (as it often does for “new” things, but then there’s a whole section of chocolates yet to be explored; yay!), you can still never go wrong with cookie dough and caramel! I’ll have to try some other flavors sometime in order for me to keep making new memories there, as opposed to simply repeating them; there’s certainly no shortage of things for me to choose from there!

As for you-know-what: the biggest spoiler there for me was that it even exists in the first place; it feels too soon after everything that’s been happening and I was therefore really hoping for a 2023 release instead (I feel sorry for the developers most of all). But yeah, let us not speak of it again in detail here, haha.

literally only specialize in Japanese food but I mean just ask me whenever you want a recipe, I'm more than happy to! Although it might be tough for you to get ingredients...idk...
There is an Asian Market close by so I might be able to!!!

Ahhhh nice! The one near me is called H-mart, actually my friend is there right now (he texted me while I was making my donuts), so I mean it's very possible they have the right stuff. I'd recommend some good rice (calrose is fine), mirin/sake for cooking, furikake (it's VERY good on rice), katsuobushi (if you can find it, I couldn't), miso/dashi (powder is OK!), tofu, gyoza wrappers, soba noodles, chuuka soba, etcetc. That's a lot but I just checked my shopping list from when I went there a few months ago and put em on there.
Wait... Is stuff like that not part of the drinking laws in the US or does someone else buy it for you? :D

Wait... Is stuff like that not part of the drinking laws in the US or does someone else buy it for you? :D
Uhmm well, it's for cooking, so there may be a distinction? I actually don't know...
I mean, my family is all mormon so they refused to buy cooking sake anyways, so we just got mirin.
This is actually really funny for me, because I remember when I was really, really young, my parents made a cake with rum in it, and I was like: “B-But there’s alcohol in there; I’m not allowed to eat that!”. To which my parents were like: “Oh Bakuphoon; there’s not really going to be alcohol in there; it all evaporates by the time the cake’s done!” To which I was like: “R-Really?” :LOL: It took me quite a while to reconcile that fact with my rather abnormal deference back then to “the rules” (when you’d think that I’d be like “heck yeah!” at the idea of “having alcohol” at like age eight, haha). I was much the same way with other “grown-up” things, like R-rated movies (“but it’s rated R!” I said to my exasperated parents whenever they gave me the chance to watch one, a common refrain for a rather surprising length of my childhood).

I skimmed the thread at best but now I want donuts.
I always want doughnuts
they say money can't buy you happiness, but they're wrong. money can buy you donuts.
How in the world are we still talking about donuts after three or four pages now? You guys are dedicated, indeed! That said, I’m more about cake nowadays, which I happen to be eating right now! A confetti cake with vanilla icing on top, to be exact. Delicious!

This is actually really funny for me, because I remember when I was really, really young, my parents made a cake with rum in it, and I was like: “B-But there’s alcohol in there; I’m not allowed to eat that!”. To which my parents were like: “Oh Bakuphoon; there’s not really going to be alcohol in there; it all evaporates by the time the cake’s done!” To which I was like: “R-Really?” :LOL: It took me quite a while to reconcile that fact with my rather abnormal deference back then to “the rules” (when you’d think that I’d be like “heck yeah!” at the idea of “having alcohol” at like age eight, haha). I was much the same way with other “grown-up” things, like R-rated movies (“but it’s rated R!” I said to my exasperated parents whenever they gave me the chance to watch one, a common refrain for a rather surprising length of my childhood).
My brother had a Southern themed birthday party a couple of years ago, and my parents made beer battered chicken even tho all my siblings and I are underage, cuz the alcohol evaporated. It was good.

Were they good?

They were delicious, it's also where I also got some breakfast burritos. There is a better donut place but it was really out of the way from the path home so I decided to just stop by the place where I did yesterday and grab some protein with that.

Ahhhh nice! The one near me is called H-mart, actually my friend is there right now (he texted me while I was making my donuts), so I mean it's very possible they have the right stuff. I'd recommend some good rice (calrose is fine), mirin/sake for cooking, furikake (it's VERY good on rice), katsuobushi (if you can find it, I couldn't), miso/dashi (powder is OK!), tofu, gyoza wrappers, soba noodles, chuuka soba, etcetc. That's a lot but I just checked my shopping list from when I went there a few months ago and put em on there.

Does your local H-mart have like a banchan station where you can grab Korean side dishes and banchan by the weight? I guess during COVID, it's probably pre-packaged now.

Noooooooooooo I hope you can make it work/make some!! I actually haven't ever made curry rice despite having a boxed mix, and some recipies...(where did you find the recipe?)

I think I'm gonna make toshikoshi soba tonight. Even though it's not New Year's, osechi ryouri is super good in general.
This was the one I found, I probably would have added apple if I was able to cook it tonight. Sadly, I just decided to have takeout

oooo I've never had toshikoshi soba, what is the taste like if I may ask?

I loooooove udon noodles, and spicy food is my favourite, but I don't think I've ever had spicy udon noodles... clearly this is something I need to get on board with immediately.

Once I did try some extremely spicy Korean noodles from a local Chinese supermarket because my friend dared me (usually I'm very good with spicy food), and I honestly thought I was going to die right there and then. Maybe I don't have the tolerance for spicy food that I thought I did. @__@

Back
Top Bottom