• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol.5

i am doing much better mentally after a several-year-long struggle with suicidal idealization and severe depression (partially because i resented myself because i believed my parents viewed me as a failure for constantly forgetting about homework and housework, and partially due to constant mistreatment from my peers as my social naivety and somewhat submissive personality, at least offline, made me easy fodder for bullying and harassment.
as a fellow gifted kid burnout, a lot of your story echoes painfully close to my own. I'm so so glad you're in a better place, but I'm sorry you had to go through that too. One thing I often lament I had to grow up fast to deal with my traumas but I digress.

Onto brighter news, watching my friends play armored core ouUGHHGHG... IM SO JEALOUS!!! I WANT TO PLAY ARMORED CORE!!!! Oh well, you know what that means...

I draw mech stuff to cope. How's it hangin.

Do not even get me started on my "gifted kid that eventually burned out" story. Somehow scored a 18.6/20 score in the hardest exam here (something like SATs/APs), got to engineering university... then dropped out with a bang! -_-
My friend is going to be hella mad at me today when I get home!
Oh, why?

Ouch, whether I'd be annoyed at that or not would really depend on my mood at the time, so idk. I have done it a few times (unfortunately), it has been done to me way more, I'd say only a few times did I really get mad over this, I usually do not mind, everyone can be unexpectedly busy.

Why did you drop out so hard?
Mostly burnout, but a few more things when it comes to mental health and family trouble. There is no "single" reason, nor did it happen overnight.

damn i'm sorry about that. it sucks making it so far and then not being able to make it to the finish line. been there done that :/
i hope you're in a better place now though :bulbaHugs:

he didnt drop out but around three years into college my brother took a hiatus for a full year ><
he knew someone who got a full ride to some high-grade university and flunked out in literally a week

i'm really scared of that myself. that's why my parents can be so pushy towards me with my grades; they want me to do well and maximize my chances of getting a good scholarship
it'll be necessary considering the current state of the america's economy... ah fuck it it's been bad ever since i can remember actually, and im planning in going into forensic investigation so...

oh shit, that's hard. i really would rather not be too far from my family, but i think i would love it at MIT
to be honest i dont know much about colleges from countries that are not my own except for the really famous ones

Back
Top Bottom