• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol.5

I remember back when Amiibo first came out, people in a group chat I was in at the time where aghast at how different the actual Amiibo looked vs the stock photos and I kept trying to explain that was how all toylines are (and I collect Transformers, I'm very much used to this).

I had a slightly defective Inkling amiibo that leaned foward too much. I sold if for $15 so I guess it wasn't defective enough. Lack of uniformity doesn't seem to be mucg of an issue with amiibo.

Are amiibo even profitable anymore? I don't hear anyone talk about them nowadays.
There is more to life than profit.

Yeah but when you're a business like Nintendo is, that's kind of the main reason why they exist. I get what you're saying but Nintendo very much produces these things to make a profit off them.

And they very likely do still make profit hence why they keep making them, even if the Amiibo craze has itself passed.

I don't think the amiibo craze has passed considering I was able to make $200 off my 12 Splatoon amiibo. Profitable or not, nobody collects anything because they want to make money. I don't consider an art dealer and an art collector the same.

I would say the craze has passed but it's also like Pokémon. Both things are still very popular but the time when they were the huge thing that everyone and their mother knew about or was obsessed with has long passed.

I still want the squid sisters and deep cut amiibos. It's just going to be hard to get them

I was honestly (and pleasantly) surprised by the demand. I expected someone to buy all twelve for $100 like I initially offered. The sales went so well that I gave away the last two that didn't sell.

I'm always glad when someone else can cherish things I no longer want.

Back
Top Bottom