• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden ORAS Launch Competition: 10 Copies of Pokémon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Bulbagarden ORAS Launch Competition: 10 Copies of Pokémon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire to be ...

With only a week to go until the release of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, Bulbagarden is giving fans worldwide the chance to win one of ten copies of the new games.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Bulbagarden ORAS Launch Competition: 10 Copies of Pokémon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapp

damn I only know like 1 answer just from looking at these questions... guess I'll have to do some research. also a few questions:
1. does one have to be a registered user on bulbagarden to be able to enter? cause seemingly it's all done through e-mail...? (just wondering cause I told some people about this contest and they don't have a user here)
2. is the winner really chosen randomly out of all these who answered correctly? like, I don't have to fear it if 10 others sent the right answers before me, since I could still get chosen over any of them, right?
3. if I were to win and would rather get an eShop code instead of a physical copy, would that be possible? (I have some mailing issues personally, and mailing in general here isn't the best, plus I'd rather play on release so a code can be just sent via e-mail and redeemed immediately, making it easier for both sides)

Re: Bulbagarden ORAS Launch Competition: 10 Copies of Pokémon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapp

1. You don't need to be a registered user for this contest. Typically, we only require that for our Christmas Contests.

2. Correct. It's not about speed, it's about being correct.

3. It may be possible for us to make some arrangement there, yes. Gifting options aren't so great for the eShop right now, but we could probably do something like a reimbursement on the value of your receipt.

Question 1: For the 1st question, can it be a game that was released earlier in a different region?

Question 2: For the 3rd question, when you say besides something that comes from the result of a Pokemon's attack, does it mean the opponents Pokemon, your Pokemon or your opponent and your Pokemon?

For question 2, are the recurring characters both in AG series or 1 of them is not ? thanks

Those were tough questions but after trawling through Bulbapedia I think I found answers to them all.

For the 3rd question, when you say besides something that comes from the result of a Pokemon's attack, does it mean the opponents Pokemon, your Pokemon or your opponent and your Pokemon?

I'm also uncertain on this. Does "forced to switch out as the result of a Pokémon's attack" only extend to the opponent's action, or could something performed by yourself be a valid answer? Does "they" in "before they switch out on that exact same turn" refer to the Pokémon that began to act or the trainer's whole party?

For Question 1. Does it have to be a core series game or ANY game that includes Pokemon? And does it have to have been released worldwide, or only in Japan?

I do assume that winners will be able to pick which version they want, right?

Question 1:
Question 1: For the 1st question, can it be a game that was released earlier in a different region?
For Question 1. Does it have to be a core series game or ANY game that includes Pokemon? And does it have to have been released worldwide, or only in Japan?
All that matters is that the game is released in Japan after Bulbapedia launched.

Question 2:
For question 2, are the recurring characters both in AG series or 1 of them is not ? thanks
Either scenario would be fine.

Question 3:
For the 3rd question, when you say besides something that comes from the result of a Pokemon's attack, does it mean the opponents Pokemon, your Pokemon or your opponent and your Pokemon?

I'm also uncertain on this. Does "forced to switch out as the result of a Pokémon's attack" only extend to the opponent's action, or could something performed by yourself be a valid answer? Does "they" in "before they switch out on that exact same turn" refer to the Pokémon that began to act or the trainer's whole party?
Your switching out is not the result of a Pokémon's attack. That includes both your attacks, and your opponents attacks.

Question 4 states that 3 Gen. III Pokémon were given TCG cards before the release of Ruby and Sapphire, but I've found 4 cards that fit this criteria. Maybe it's just a case of "multiple valid answers", but the question seems worded to imply that there are only 3, so I'm a bit confused.

With regards to Question 5, does it refer to the teams as a whole or does the co-operation of team leaders count?

Those were moderate questions if you had an idea where to look and used logic. The only ones I had some trouble with were 1 and 3 , but I think I got them right or I hope so at least.

Gah...I found answers to the first three questions fairly easily. I don't even know where to look for #4 ...and as for #5 , I've spent over an hour on it and can only find one instance of Team Aqua and Team Magma cooperating...well, the answers have to be out there. Since I don't think we can help each other (that would defeat the point of the contest), I suppose I'm just coming here to vent. I've come too far to stop now, though.

Those were moderate questions if you had an idea where to look and used logic. The only ones I had some trouble with were 1 and 3 , but I think I got them right or I hope so at least.
Yup. These ones aren't nearly as difficult as some of our past competitions, provided you think logically about the questions. Some people are really going to kick themselves after this contest is done.
Still, at least we won't have anything as embarrassing as last time, when the question about the name of the website ended up as the hardest for people to get right.

Gah...I found answers to the first three questions fairly easily. I don't even know where to look for #4 ...and as for #5 , I've spent over an hour on it and can only find one instance of Team Aqua and Team Magma cooperating...well, the answers have to be out there. Since I don't think we can help each other (that would defeat the point of the contest), I suppose I'm just coming here to vent. I've come too far to stop now, though.
You can help each other out, but it would probably reduce your own chances to win if everyone knew the right answers, yes. ;)

Question 4:
Question 4 states that 3 Gen. III Pokémon were given TCG cards before the release of Ruby and Sapphire, but I've found 4 cards that fit this criteria. Maybe it's just a case of "multiple valid answers", but the question seems worded to imply that there are only 3, so I'm a bit confused.
It may be one of those cases, it might not be. Obviously I can't say. What I will say is that it's very easy to get an answer for this one quickly if you think about the problem logically.

Question 5:
With regards to Question 5, does it refer to the teams as a whole or does the co-operation of team leaders count?
The teams, not necessarily as a whole.

Question 3 states, "before they switch out." Does "they" refer to the player or to any trainer's Pokémon?

For Question 5, does The Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire demo count as a valid game or reference?

"The exact same turn" A turn includes your own and your opponent's attack, right? both sides choosing moves, then all the action happening, then back to the move selection menu is considered one turn?
And at exactly what point in that cycle is it considered the end of one turn and he start of the next?

thank you!

I can't answer all the questions.

2. I haven't seen the anime for well over 10 years. I don't know any character names outside of: Brock, Misty, Ash, Jesse and James. I've seen, perhaps... 50 or less episodes. I'm lost on this one. I found an answer, but it seems wrong. Pokemon has so many minor recurring characters!

3. As far as I know, this isn't possible in any Pokemon game. To be clear, does this exclude moves like: Baton Pass, Roar, Whirlwind, et cetera? I have an answer, but it seems more like a technicality.

4. I'm not sure I understand the question. If FR/LG is considered "Generation III", then this is a trick question. (As nearly all Pokemon cards released prior to R/S/E would apply.) When is the start of Generation III? Is it the release of the Gameboy Advance games, or the release of TCG EX Ruby & Sapphire set? Otherwise... I think I have the answer.

I've been at this for hours. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom