• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Outreach: Sexuality Month

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally feel that sexuality based discrimination, unless it specifically involves you, ought not to be present in day to day society. I'm going something along the line of that if something doesn't concern you, it is better not to get involved in it. It makes others feel uncomfortable, and a whole situation that can be rather embarrassing for some people could easily be avoided. Unless advances are specifically made towards you, there's no reason to discriminate as such. (Note: Even if advances are made towards you, I would still say that you ought to simply deal with them in a refined manner, rather then bring discrimination in).

i'm a 19-year-old bisexual girl and am in an amazing relationship with a bisexual guy. we understand each other more easily than others. neither of our parents know about our sexuality, and i don't think it's really any of their business if they don't ask or care. it's no one's but our's and the people we care to let know.
i am 150% for same-sex marriage and other gay rights. it's quite important to me actually. i went to a judeo christian school and same-sex couples were EXTREMELY frowned upon. the environment was very constricting and controlling. all i can say is that i'm glad i don't have to be there anymore and i can do what i want and be with who i want.

I'm totally for gay marriage. If someone can come up with even ONE good reason why gay people shouldn't be able to marry, I'll immedietly switch over to their side. So far I've posed this challenge to every bigot I've ever met, and none of them have convinced me. Also, no-one ever will. There is no logical reason whatsoever for forbidding someone to marry someone of the same gender. Call me a romantic, but I beleive that love should come before everything else, money and religion included. I know there are people who feel very strongly that homosexuality is wrong, but I feel just as strongly they they're just morons. The fact that none of the bigots I've ever met have been able to defend their position with anything but highly flawed logic about how gay marriage would mean that no-one would be having babies, a quote from some holy book, or "Shut up (insert insult here)" makes me feel even more confident that there is absolutely no reason why gay people shouldn't be allowed to marry.

i went to a judeo christian school and same-sex couples were EXTREMELY frowned upon. the environment was very constricting and controlling. all i can say is that i'm glad i don't have to be there anymore and i can do what i want and be with who i want.

Was there any resistance against that? It seems like there isn't enough.

resistance against the school? yeah a couple of my friends, who were a gay couple, went to the library and got law books and passages stating that the public school system couldn't tell them how to be in a relationship.

Very cool. Although was it a public school? They still don't have that right, but I think private schools are under different laws, at least in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom