• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW054 - Mebukijika! Spring-Summer-Fall-Winter Lineup!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BW?: Mebukijika

If a Sawsbuck isn't captured, which I hope it does, I hope a Pokemon like Pansage or Tranquill learn a new move.

@bluesun

Another summary that Haru-kaa from serebii found.

http://i.imgur.com/SHzhr.jpg
While staying at a Pokemon Centre during their adventure, Satoshi and friends are shown a photo of a place with all of the forms of the "Season Pokemon", Mebukijika, by the Pokemon Photographer, Robert. Upon hearing that Robert is determined to retake the photo because it was taken by his grandfather, Satoshi and friends decide to help him look for the place where Mebukijika gather.

Last edited:

So all forms exist simultaneously in the anime. I wonder how that works? And I also wonder if it explains why we have seen nothing but Spring forms up to this point.

For those who thought there was no episode to fit a short 5 minute thing on Sawsbuck's forms, they could've had Burgundy mention it at least when she debuted. Actually I would've preferred her or Luke to appear here instead of some filler guy who's the third damn camera-lover in BW. Good to see Swoobat again, though.

I hope Cilan catches a Sawsbuck here.....he has like no pokemon for a gym leader..... anyway I wish they wouldve used Todd or at least Trip/Luke or even Burgandy for crying out loud.... I dont really like CoTDs

This is going to be an interesting episode. Aside from the fact that this plotline screams back at Todd Snap's attempts at taking a picture of an Articuno in mid-Johto, I want to know how the four seasonal forms of Sawbuck were able to gather together in the same place without changing their forms.

Episode looks to bore to the point of tears. Would have been better just to bring Burungly back. I really hate the fact that we have to suffer through these obvious time-wasting filler eps again simply because Iris/Cilan have no quest that gets screentime like Contests did. So instead we're back to fillers.

Would have been a good ep to maybe expand Trip's camera quirk, but of course that's not happening either.

a filler ep! But I hope they show them of in the right waY!

Episode looks to bore to the point of tears. Would have been better just to bring Burgundy back. I really hate the fact that we have to suffer through these obvious time-wasting filler eps again simply because Iris/Cilan have no quest that gets screentime like Contests did. So instead we're back to fillers.

This series has been in "filler" ever since Ash got his third badge. It's just that the "filler" episodes being shown now are not as interesting or well thought out. For example, the four episodes where Meowth was travelling alongside Ash and his friends could be considered filler as well because nothing important happens in the plotline. Alas, there is only so much the writers can do with 130-something Unova pokemon.

And just because Burgundy happens to own a Sawbuck, it does not mean that her Sawsbuck is the only member of that species that can be showcased in the anime.

I'd rather have an episode about the Season Research Lab on Route 6... >:
Nice to see Swoobat again, at least.

Yes, I feel that it would have been better placed after Ash wins his badge in Driftveil City. At least the timing would have been consistent with the Season Research Lab near Driftveil City in the games.

anyway I wish they wouldve used Todd or at least Trip/Luke or even Burgandy for crying out loud.... I dont really like CoTDs
QFT. The Pokémon anime needs fewer COTDs and more recurring characters.

I'm seriously thinking of sleeping in the day this episode airs. Also, I won't be surprised if the TRio reared their heads in this one, which will make it even less interesting.

Anyway, here's this episode's staff info:
Screenplay: Atsuhiro Tomioka (the same guy who gave us three wild Archeos -- a Pokémon that's supposed to be extinct -- out of nowhere -_-)
Storyboard: ??? Yoshimura (don't have the patience right now to look this one up; looks like a newbie)
Animation director: Takashi Shinohara

Well since time doesn't pass in this show they had to show off the other seasonal forums somehow. And I guess the Rocket's next subplot will begin.

Well since time doesn't pass in this show they had to show off the other seasonal forums somehow.

Though the Kami Trio preview shows the deers in their summer form. which seems to be the new default form for them. Seasons passing? I think this episode could actually be where the transition happens. Maybe the reason the deers are all in different forms at the same time is because it's the summer solstice or something.

Well, Tomioka has written quite a few non-battling episodes lately, and although these are outside his element, the Scolipede and Archeops episodes were some of the best in BW so far. It doesn't hurt to give this episode a chance.

The storyboarder and animation director seem to be new faces, though.

The storyboarder and animation director seem to be new faces, though.

Yoshimura is both storyboarder and assistant director, and as said, he's not completely new. Shinohara debuted in BW, but he's done a handful episodes so far too.

Looking forward to seeing Mebukijika's Winter form, which in my opinion is the only one that actually looks good. I also find it pretty weird that all the forms can co-exist in the same place.

Introducing another person with a camera is a bit annoying so hopefully in future they will either use this guy or Luke.

Well since time doesn't pass in this show they had to show off the other seasonal forums somehow.

The weird thing is, the seasons are passing in the show now. Summer Shikijika will debut in this episode.

A very emotional story about a boy and his grandfather's obsessions with a picture...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom