• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW056: Iris and Monozu! Day Care Training!!

If iris was handled properly(as it should) it would have been the best traveler ash ever had,but they managed to make us lose our interest in her by making her anouying instead of crazy and wild,and having a dream that does not fit with the generation.

bianca can't be a travel companion of Ash because she is a pokemon trainer and is aiming to battle gym leaders and enter the league.

Thats my point since dawn left the series is only ash doing everything I can understand maybe contests are not held there.But repeating every series the same thing over an over is getting tired.If they didnt want to put Hilda in the anime they could have put bianca and made the a little more interesting both of them challenging gyms is something that could have giving us a better episodes.This could have been a replacement for contests in the anime if you know what I mean?

Like something new.

Last edited:
Starting to get a bit offtopic now. Let's just stick to the events of BW56 as this is the BW56 thread.

This episode was exceptionally, wasn't really anything to write home about but, a great dynamite episode all the same.

Best part of this episode for me for obvious...

-Iris, she got unexpected growth in this episode, something I really wasn't expecting. Though, it was small, it's something to consider and like. I really like how she went two full nights just to get Monozu's attention, she did all that just to help it and make it feel better. Iris shouldn't have gotten so friendly around a Pokemon belonging to another trainer, and in the end things didn't end in sunshine and happiness for her, the trainer came back and he was a fairly nice guy and he took Monozu away and showed the reason he wasn't there was because he got lost. So, in the end Iris, didn't get what she wanted. Iris defiantly learned a nice little lesson. This in particular isn't a bad thing, but regardless she worked hard and tried hard to show that she cared, and that care whether Iris wanted to admit it or not was because she wanted Monozu at some point, and also because of her goal. This episode also showed that Iris still has a long way to go on her path to becoming a Dragon Master. Iris also lecturing the wrong trainer was funny, and her not be able to lecture Monozu's real trainer since he did nothing wrong. Taking, Monozu vine swinging and bonding with it was sweet.

-Flashbacks, this episode were great, it's like we're building a puzzle. I love how in every Iris episode we get a flashback to her past, and what happened during her life in the Dragon Village. Well, I really liked this flashback. The rampaging Kurimugan causing trouble, and scarying the Onondo out of it's wits. Iris's Village matriarch goes and calms down the rampaging Pokemon, and she does it by "knowing it's heart", (or some shit like that). Knowing, a Dragons heart is apparently fairly more difficult then it's made out to be. Obaba, is the one who works hard and strives to calm it down and understand it's feelings. This of course inspires Iris further. Being, strong enough and caring enough to try to understand a very angry Dragon beast shows how mature and advanced the elder is.

-Monozu, was great. It had a nice personality. Surprisingly a cute voice. I like how it took Iris to tell her story about the rampaging Kurimugan, before Monozu could really even come out of it's shell to Iris. The Elder sort of helped out Iris, there with that story which inspired her and helped her help Monozu. It was sweet how in the end the trainer turned out to be a nice guy. Her trying to the Pokemon food to show it's nothing bad was cute, haha I wouldn't try my dog's dog food. Reminded me of Brock and made me smile a little. After two whole days Monozu finally ate. Her willing to stay to wait for the trainer.

-Friends. Dento, yep Dento being in such pain after all that manual labor was fairly funny actually. And his interactions with Bobby. Same thing with Satoshi and how he helped out at the daycare. I thought it was really really sweet and cute how they eavesdrop on Iris and Monozu's conversation. They both have such serious expressions on their faces, but then in the end their so happy and glad for their friend. Satoshi and Iris attempting to have a double capture was cute. Them saying they would stay with Iris. Satoshi at least training his Pokemon was nice to see.

-Bobby, was a pretty nice character of the day. He did show he works hard day in and day out and is a fairly nice character. And his comedy scene with the muscle flexing was funny.

-Kibago, loved how he was helpful with helping Monozu and supporting Iris throughout the episode. I liked how he really listened to Iris's story. I thought it was cute, how at the end he was so fired up and pumped to help Iris achieve her goal, or should I say their goal. And how the path to becoming a Dragon Master is going to be long, but Kibago is willing to help Iris all the way.

Not even going to bother watching this episode... I'm done with Best Wishes. Every heroine is the same they are never "good enough" as the one before them to someone it seems like every episode Iris gets half of the people complain about no matter what she does or development she gets, I'm trying not to complain and I'm trying not to insult anyone but it seems like in every episode review thread Cilan gets this glorification like he's a god even if he doesn't do anything I'm not saying your not allowed to like him anymore I'm just stating my opinion. The only good thing out of this episode was seeing Swadloon again even if it was only for a brief amount of time. If I get infracted for "bashing or complaining" then go ahead I'm stating my opinion and if I'm not allowed to do that then it's unfair. Let me know when this series ifs over:disgust:

Not even going to bother watching this episode... I'm done with Best Wishes. Every heroine is the same they are never "good enough" as the one before them to someone it seems like every episode Iris gets half of the people complain about no matter what she does or development she gets,

What does it matter what other users think of Iris? If you enjoy the episode that's all what matters. Giving up on Best Wishes because of what others think is ridiculous.

I never expected Iris to get Deino so I don't see how this ep could surprise anyone.

What does it matter what other users think of Iris? If you enjoy the episode that's all what matters. Giving up on Best Wishes because of what others think is ridiculous.

I never expected Iris to get Deino so I don't see how this ep could surprise anyone.

I never said I was giving up on it because what others think of one character. I'm giving up on it because I can't stand the season it doesn't grab my attention like the others and every episode is constantly a let down... or whenever something logical seems like it's going to happen it doesn't. I'm tired of the rivals I'm tired of all this Cilan wanking I'm tired of everything. So starting now I'm not going to watch this until the league.

I apologize if I sound immature, but I'm just really annoyed right now and I'm sorry if I offended anyone who likes Cilan or Ash. I just don't think it's right to glorify a character in the episode when they just stand around cook and make a witty comment.

Last edited:
Not the place to announce you're going to step watching the show. Take it to the blogs if you must. Again, this thread is about BW56 only and not about being sick of other users' opinions. If you want any tips on how to stay calm in the section, or what to do about posts you don't like, feel free to contact me and I will try to help you out. That goes for anyone who wants it.

This episode is dull. dull dull dull. I was bored out of my gored. This episode is a prime evidence of two things. The show is not nearly focused enough on battling. And two satoshi and co. are WAY too interested in things that are not that in a bag of chips and are way too inclined to drop everything for the benefit of random people. I get they are the good guys in a kids show they have to be nice but the thing is no one is that nice. They are not obligated and it makes for bad story telling.

No one here is accusing you of expecting Iris to get Deino. The problem is that a lot of other people had poured their soul out expecting Iris to get it. It's called "Having your dreams Crushed". This is why I wait until episodes come out in dub.

"CHIKA CHIKA CHIKA BOOOU DOWN TSUROWWWW DOWN!"

I hope they keep that in the dub. Cracked me up.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom