• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW074: Rescue Kibago! Aiant's Nest!!

My Two Cents:

Impossible due to this episode being too awesome...to criticize! 10/10!

I agree with the sentiment of Hahakomori being a bit creepy. And those eyes. They don't help. It's lack of masculinity was a bit frustrating, but probably won't matter too much since we'll only see it like 3 more times this entire series.

I'm really digging all the development that's going on with Zuruggu and Kibago though. That's one thing BW's got going for it.

Scraggy is starting to annoy me know, he was fine win the Donamite and before but know they're just shoving him in our faces too much. I kind of hope he evolves soon though and matures I know he's a baby but he just acts so annoying.. Oshawott and Tepig were funny though I kind of wonder if they'll continue fighting when Tepig evolves into Pignite.

So therefore the only Leavanny THAT HAS EVER shown an identifiable personality is Ash's Leavanny.

I think your point would stand a better chance if we didn't have in this episode a flashback to Arti's Hahakomori in Kurumiru's capture ep that pretty much said, "Look, they're acting exactly the same." That doesn't really scream unique. All the Hahakomori we've seen acted the same way, because it's the "parenting Pokémon" and if they all are acting the exact same way, then what's unique about Satoshi's? Nothing, therefore, boring.

Kurumayu at least was cute. :3

did anyone noticed that ash leavanny says "leavanny"? he´s english name...thats odd. and i remember that burgh leavanny says " haha" from hahakomori

What's happened to Oshawott? He was the star of the series early on, the mascot for BW, he was so loveable and cute, now however, Axew seems to be taking over this roll. Axew looks different than when he first appeared, he has a shorter neck I think, and now with that leaf costume levanny made he's just SOOOOOOOOOO cute. I want one, it's such a shame he evolves into the ugly Fraxure and Haxorous.

did anyone noticed that ash leavanny says "leavanny"? he´s english name...thats odd. and i remember that burgh leavanny says " haha" from hahakomori

No he didn't.. he said "Komori" and it did say "Haha" sometimes I don't see why it really matters though.

What's happened to Oshawott? He was the star of the series early on, the mascot for BW, he was so loveable and cute, now however, Axew seems to be taking over this roll. Axew looks different than when he first appeared, he has a shorter neck I think, and now with that leaf costume levanny made he's just SOOOOOOOOOO cute. I want one, it's such a shame he evolves into the ugly Fraxure and Haxorous.

Fraxure can still be cute if the writers want him to they were able to make Gliscor cute so..

I guess this was a rather fun episode all around. Dent's "It's cute" made me laugh. I also liked how he was the fall guy in the Durant cave.

It was also funny that Axew was asleep the whole time and therefore wasn't aware of anything that happened- which is something that made this "abduction episode" stand out from the last one.

Last edited:
Guys why can't Leavanny be a GAY Leavanny? ): He had Dento to inspire him :D He is a sparkling male Leavanny <3

And where is the credits of this episode?

Zuruggu has spent an awful lot of time outside of his ball recently. Most of the Donamite arc and ALL of this episode! He could definitely use some downtime at Araragi's!

Okay episode, nothing to write home about.

-Iris, she was defiantly the salt of the Earth. You really get the feeling she cares for her Kibago, and you really feel her concern and pain quite a bit. Especially during the scene where she and Zuruggu are looking for Kibago, her caring side is always something great to see. She is the maiden who knows the hearts of dragons, so I like episodes like this that establish her bond with her Pokemon. Plus her pose when commanding Mero-mero was funny.

-Pokemon. Emonga was the gem of all the Pokemon, some much needed screen time and training is always nice. Not only that but she showed that personality that I like her for, her interactions were great. Hahakomori defiantly didn't really interest me a whole lot, but I thought it was really nice how he made those leaf collars for all of the Pokemon, specifically Zuruggu and Kibago. I do agree that he should have been more masculine and he would work better as a female Hahakomori. Zuruggu again was great with him and Kibago's brothership, his concern was great, and him hitting Pikachu's Iron Tail by accident and hurting himself with his Jumping Knee Kick. Pikachu was great too, playing mediator between Pokabu and Mijumaru, who's fight seems to have carried over from the Buffron episode, I defiantly think Pokabu and Miju will team up. Still annoyed that Satoshi only lets out the starters for bonding moments, why can't Gamagaru or Waruvile sleep on the mat too? He pulled the same thing in the Koharu episode. I guess I liked seeing them all work together to wipe out the Aainto hive.

-Tsutarja. Hm....I feel like I'm caring for her a little less then before. She's a great Pokemon, but she's not really changing and not really keeping me interested. No new moves, I'm still assuming is due to the craptastic move pool but still she started off with such powerful moves and seemed powerful but, I defiantly think Mero-Mero makes her look stronger then she really is, since if it doesn't work she usually loses or if it does she gets a quick win, or she gets lucky. She's not really struggling and changing and that's a bit annoying. She beat Gothimu, but that Gothimu was just a kid.

Meh, this episode was meh at best. So now that all the Pokemon with barely any personality or screen time have evolved we'll be getting even more focus on the starters and Zuruggu. Whoop de doo.
Why didn't Kenhallow or whoever was the sixth Pokemon get to sleep out of their ball like everyone else? Satoshi's playing favorites again, as always.

The outcome of this episode rubbed me the wrong way entirely. Does anyone else think Satoshi and friends were in the wrong when they kept attacking the Aianto? After Satoshi and Zuruggu fumbled and revealed themselves, all Iris could have done was let Satoshi and Dent distract the ants while she grabbed Kibago and then they could run out the caves. I think it was totally unnecessary for them to disturb the Aiantos nest and KO them all just so they could escape. Thank goodness all that electricity flying around didn't set the leaves on fire.

Could've been worse. They could've pulled a Dawn and torched every single Durant in the dwelling, cheering in glee as they all burn and suffer a slow and agonizing death.

But yeah, the anime's "good" guys do have a tendency to cross the morality line more often than they should, don't they?

This episode was ok I guess.

It did have some funny moments like Ash and Scraggy in the leaf disguise, the fact that Axew wasn't aware of anything, Cilan randomly hitting rocks or struggled. Leavanny was also really great in this episode, atleast it got some "character" from the Pokémon itself. The Pokémon with leaf hats were also adorable.

I didn't get why they brought up the pointless Tepig/Oshawott fight again. I hope it will be gone by the time when Tepig evolves.

Why didn't Kenhallow or whoever was the sixth Pokemon get to sleep out of their ball like everyone else? Satoshi's playing favorites again, as always..

Ash had all six Pokémon out; Oshawott, Snivy, Tepig, Scraggy, Leavanny and Pikachu.

Could've been worse. They could've pulled a Dawn and torched every single Durant in the dwelling, cheering in glee as they all burn and suffer a slow and agonizing death.

But yeah, the anime's "good" guys do have a tendency to cross the morality line more often than they should, don't they?

I would have prefered if they were more violent and what dawn event are you refering to?

It's cute!

Iront had funny voices, going "Ay, ay, ay!" like a Mariachi band.

Zuruggu being all extremely worried over Kibago's disappearance, calling out frantically for him, was a nice touch. I always enjoy the moments when it comes to showing just how strong their bond is.

Haha poor Dent, having to crouch slightly while traveling through the cave's tunnels due to being a bit taller than height of it. And still he ended up bumping his head on a stalactite as well as falling over- I will not ever tire of Dent being made into the butt monkey.

Loved Dent's "It's siesta time~" and his "It's cute" was as adorable as the Kurumiru (that finding the voice clip above of it was great).

And finally, you've gotta loved Iris's Mero-Mero pose:

tumblr_m2di4sFLJl1r2en1ko1_500.gif
Plus great to see her Emonga in action again after a while.

Oh wait, I should talk about Hahakomori. Uh... It's a nice parent?

Last edited:
I like to imagine Leavanny with a flamboyant fashion designer type of personality.

Leavanny: "Now Oshawott-sweetie, let's get you looking fabulous for that musical! First of all, your head needs an overhaul, you look more snowman then otter! Let's put a leaf arrangement on your neck! I'm thinking... I'm thinking... Ooooh!!! I'm thinking Sri-Lanka headdress! You're just look SOOO cute!"

Cilan: "I like your Leavanny's tasty style Ash!" ./'

That was a really nice ep! Totally loved Emolga and also liked Leavanny's craziness with randomly sewing leaf hats for everyone at the moment it just evolved XDDD also loved Snivy and Emolga not loving the idea to wear one and eventually get forced to do it and all the Snivy/Emolga, Oshawott/Tepig and Axew/Scraggy interactions
I have to say I really liked it when Cilan hurt himself every time Iris warned him of the danger XD also liked his "it's cute" lol
Nice to see that Emolga and Iris both seem to continue improving in battles... now Iris herself and her Excadrill and Emolga are pretty good, Axew is ok but is in need of more development that it'll hopefully get soon (also, with all of its bromance with Scraggy, I expect that Scraggy will evolve shortly after its bro will... though who knows when that will happen)
Also, I have to point out how Ash and Iris were the more "active" characters in this ep, while Cilan didn't really do much... I don't want to start a whole discussion about it, but I really think it's a little unfair what people say about Iris and Cilan around here, so I thought I'd throw that note to balance things... give Iris credit when she deserves it, you know...
EDIT:
Also loved how they called Axew-in-mask "Happa Kamen" (Leaf Mask) reminds me of Sailor Moon's Tuxedo Kamen (Tuxedo Mask)
I also agree with whoever said it almost sounded like Ash's Leavanny said its English name and not the Japanese name... but maybe that's partly due to the English name being stuck in our head? that's what I thought happened to me until I read here that someone else thought so too
And do anyone know what exactly were Cilan and Iris' excuses of not wearing leaves for the Durant to take them? I think Cilan said he's too tall and Iris said something about her hair - I wonder what exactly she said, since that would be the first time the characters ever referred to her hair, I think XD

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom