• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW092: Satoshi, Iris, and Shooty! The Last Battle!!

Ash vs. Iris match; was a bit boring the first half with each side only calling out the same moves; Crunch/Stone Edge (Dig was used but only for evasive action and to launch surprise attacks) and Flamethrower/Ice Beam.

I think the worst part was when Ice Beam froze everything except Krokorok's head and Iris called for Flamethrower. Why not use Dragon Rush to land a STAB move and do the most damage when its opponent was at its most vulnerable?

Glad Iris got what see deserved and I loved how evolution makes a Pokemon's eyes turn red until the evolution is over.

Ash vs. Trip; can't say anything that everyone else has already said. Since Trip wins here and goes on to face Alder to add more depth to his "plot" I really don't see a need for him to stay around much more except for Ash to give him a beat down in the league.

Sad to see Pignite try so hard for nothing but glad to see Serperior's speed being something that anime is showing as a tribute to the games. For the sake of it being a potential threat to Alder the show how to make it look super strong otherwise the final match with Alder would be no more than a 3 second win for him (not saying that most matches in this tournament weren't the same way...)

Can't wait to see tomorrow when the results of the match between Trip and Alder are shown.

Serperior would have been humiliated by pokemon like Charizard, Snorlax, Infernape, bulbasaur, and especially Sceptile.
Sigh, these rivals aren't really rivals when we count Ash's past teams. His Sinnoh team would have wiped out the entire tournament.

It would have been, but remember that they've had far more training and a generally more powerful moveset. Pignite's generally viewed as a moderately fast Pokémon in the anime.

Infernape would've especially owned that Serperior. No way Serperior would've been able to dodge a Flamethrower counter-shield. Not would it have time to launch a SolarBeam or Frenzy Plant.

Infernape would've especially owned that Serperior. No way Serperior would've been able to dodge a Flamethrower counter-shield. Not would it have time to launch a SolarBeam or Frenzy Plant.

It would if the writers told it to. >:]

Just watched the battle between Iris and Satoshi. Easily one of the best battles of this saga, maybe even the best. 10/10, would watch again.

Also, Iris seemed really aggressive and sure of herself this match, while Kairyu kept its cool. The second Waruvial evolved, Iris faltered and Kairyu lost control. Just thought I'd mention that.

I liked this episode a lot. Even though I tend to get bored during battles, these ones kept me hooked all the way through. So happy that Ash now has a Waruvial! I just hope it hasn't lost any of its sass. I was half expecting to see Chaoboo elvolve too the way it was battling, but I suppose that would have been overkill. Iris faught well up until Kairyu decided to do it's own thing, but i'm glad she didn't win, I'd of felt like the victory was undeserving. Not excited to see Shooty's battle next episode, i've never been a fan of him and the battle will probably just bore me. I am looking forward to seeing Dawn's departure though, not that I want rid of her, but it'll be nice to find out more about her intended goals.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom