• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW103: "Opening of the Isshu League Higaki Conference!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy... I think I see Jeffery from the DP series. The third person in the third to last row. Could just be a look-a-like though.

jeffery.png

I'll let you decide.
Poor guy got completely ignored the last time when he participated in the league. May be they're making up for it. But yeah, it could easily be a look-a-like. BW is all about reused stuff.

Also, the third guy in the third row on left looks a lot like Shamus.
And the 2nd guy from left in the third last row looks a bit like Cress.
attachment.php

Attachments

• www.dotup.org3608294.jpg
    www.dotup.org3608294.jpg
    533 KB · Views: 977
Last edited:
Flora is in the league! Heck, a-barely-6-years-old-looking girl? Max, the writers really hate you. :p

So, it should be something like this:

Round 1 - 128 participants (BW103 - 104)
Round 2 - 64 (BW104 - ???)
Round 3 - 32
Round 4 - 16
Quarterfinals - 8
Semi-final - 4
Final - 2

oh god I really, REALLY hope Ash and Trip is the literal first match of this entire League. There would be no better way to stick a fork in this "rivalry", especially after wasting the better part of this summer trying to hype Trip up, just so he can achieve a Top 128 ranking in the league, which would set a new record low ranking for any recurring character in this series. :DDDD ♥

ESPECIALLY with it being 1v1, and since it's Pikachu and Serperior, I'm convinced Trip will actually be eliminated from the tournament when he loses here, because honestly what other kind of match would they conclude this "rivalry" with, and I think even now the writers know better than to give us the exact same match-up twice in the same tournament. ... R-right?

Ahahaha... Ash's "powerful, destined rival"... ahahaha, those episode summaries from the Junior Cup are especially good for a laugh now. God, I never thought I'd encourage this League to be incredibly bad, but really, it's the only fitting execution, especially for this match. :')

Hm, none of those character carry the same "gonna wreck Ash's shit" aura about them like Tobias did.

My guess is, if Ash loses this league, it's gonna be close.

I would have liked to see Edmond and Jimmy Ray though too.

I bet Ash will win this time
If Writer believe that making Ash lose all Unova Tournament going to make me believe in Ash victory in Unova League then they have one thing coming.
I been watching Pokemon for 15 year.
And I will never trust Pokemon Anime Stuff ever again.

The mere fact that Trip, who was the main rival of this saga, is losing to Ash first and in only a 1 on 1 battle no less should prove that we cannot predict the outcome of this tournament.

I'd say anything can happen.

The mere fact that Trip, who was the main rival of this saga, is losing to Ash first and in only a 1 on 1 battle no less should prove that we cannot predict the outcome of this tournament.

I'd say anything can happen.
Neither Ash or his Pokemon shown to be worthy enough to win the League.
Just because he beaten a Rookie in first round doesn't mean he can win the League because it took him one year to beat that rookie.
Main Rival is a Fan-made term.
In reality , Trip is a rookie rival.
There is no such thing call main rival.
A Powerful & skilled Trainer would never lose to a rookie miserably no matter how good the rookie is.
Ash prove himself unworthy to win Unova League when he lose to Trip for a third time.

Surely if Ash and Trip are competing in the peliminarys that there not even part of the 128 yet, every trainer that has 8 badges is allowed to enter, its very unlikely theyed get a suitable tournament number, thats why they have the peliminaries to narrow it down to 128 or 64 etc

Not sure what's wrong with Shooti losing in the first round, he got a very strong opponent right off the bat. It's the luck of the draw really. Either way elimination in the first round against an opponent who has battled your ace before and knows that its main M.O. is its speed and surely has formulated a plan to counter said quickness isn't too far-fetched. Pikachu's probably his most agile Pokemon in his possession so it makes sense to counter that fastness with agility.

Since Shooti has apparently formed a strategy to nullify Pikachu's Thunderbolt, I'm betting it's akin to what Ibuki did with Dragon Breath, I guess that Pikachu was planned for. Relying on Iron Tail and ElecBall to cause major damage puts Satoshi in a bit of a corner since Thunderbolt is Pikachu's most rangy move. ElecBall needs to be point blank aim and can easily be parred or overpowered, Iron Tail requires direct confrontation which isn't really Pikachu's style or forte and is inferior to the more rangy Dragon Tail Jalorda has in his arsenal, as evidenced by the manga scan since Pikachu's tail isn't landing due to the more longer and quicker Dragon Tail.

Either way the decisive move is "ElecBall + Iron Tail" it'll be interesting to see how Pikachu responds to Jalorda when faced with adversity, especially if he has to worry about Frenzy Plant, Solar Beam, and Dragon Tail. I wouldn't be surprised if Leer was dumped for Wrap, then again it could just be generic "wrapping".

EDIT 2: Oh, and there's Anthonio too! I was totally rooting for him during the Club Battle Tournament, I hope he gets his revenge against Dino. :>

*gross sobbing* YES OMG YES ANTONIO IS COMING BACK I'M GOING TO LOSE IT i might actually watch the anime again wow

/late

And yaaay Shooti losing in the first round, I am so happy. I regret that they hyped him up to be the "main rival" when other rivals might have been more than qualified for the role had they been given the chance. This league is very underwhelming for me so far, in terms of matchups, but...we'll see how it goes.

Am I the only one around here who liked that Dino beat Antonio. Dino's way cooler. I had a hard time seeing anyone. Hope Joltik guy beats Antonio and than he and Dino go on epic journeys together. Liking the large bracket 128 is one of my favorite numbers

While I'm thinking about it, here are other pokes we need to look out for in the league:

Zoroark, Klang, Eelektrik, and Liepard.

I'm actually quite worried that Lepardas has become a Pokemon that the writers of the anime are going to pretend doesn't exist due to its association with the Team Plasma two-parter.

While I'm thinking about it, here are other pokes we need to look out for in the league:

I'm actually quite worried that Lepardas has become a Pokemon that the writers of the anime are going to pretend doesn't exist due to its association with the Team Plasma two-parter.

If that were truly the case, then wouldn't Purrloin also be banned from the anime just like Porygon2 and Porygon-Z are banned due to evolving from Porygon, who was associated with Electric Soldier Porygon Episode?

Er.....I don't think Lepardas is banned. If that were the case Choroneko wouldn't appear, plus Lepardas merchandise is being released soon anyway, Lepardas technically already debuted way back in early BW anyway. I just think it's more of a "team" Pokemon, kinda like how Saturn's Dokurog was the only one that really appeared and played a nice role in the anime. Lepardas is only shooting a Hyper Beam fly-by anyway for a few seconds in a preview and I don't think anyone would ban it over that.

Pinot Noir did explicitly mention Lepardas in BW80. So we know they do still "exist" in the anime. Whether we'll ever see one or not is another matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom