• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW106: Dageki Appears! Satoshi VS Kenyan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BW106 Krookodile and BW107 Hydreigon

Not sure if I fully understand how the anime forum works, but the titles have been revealed for BW106 and BW107. Shouldn't they be separated in two different threads now? I could be wrong but I thought I saw this happen before.

How did Kotetsu's German Name get revealed now? And before the U.S dub reveals the name they would call him by, quite odd.

According to the user who added the information, he found it out via Iris' German voice actress. Quite strange because in the US you can get in serious trouble for revealing information when you work for the company. Could be difference in laws I guess.

What game lol??
The oddly named "Pokemon Rock Paper Scissors Board Game Big Battle!!".
Instructions are as follows: Put your finger on the start space, then play Rock Paper Scissors with your opponent. Whoever wins moves their finger forward one Samurottspace. Whoever gets to the goal first wins.

Not sure if I fully understand how the anime forum works, but the titles have been revealed for BW106 and BW107. Shouldn't they be separated in two different threads now? I could be wrong but I thought I saw this happen before.

You're correct, that's how things are done.

What game lol??
Instructions are as follows: Put your finger on the start space, then play Rock Paper Scissors with your opponent. Whoever wins moves their finger forward one Samurottspace. Whoever gets to the goal first wins.

So it has nothing to do with the anime??

What game lol??

There is no direct, stated connection to the anime. Satoshi and Kotetsu's battle will not be decided by 13 rounds of Rock Paper Scissors. (At least, I hope not.) It just uses characters from the anime to decorate it. How this is meant to be taken is up to each person. It could mean that only 5 of Kotetsu's Pokemon are revealed before the inevitable happens, so the game had to fill the other two slots with another Samurott and another Riolu. There's no way to tell for sure as of now.
-----
And to keep on topic, something that does have to do with the anime is that the same page with the game on it reveals that the Sawk battle is the 3rd round, so the 2nd round will likely be the montage one.

Dafuq is going on, the 2 samurotts are a rock paper scissors game?

What game lol??

There is no direct, stated connection to the anime. Satoshi and Kotetsu's battle will not be decided by 13 rounds of Rock Paper Scissors. (At least, I hope not.) It just uses characters from the anime to decorate it. How this is meant to be taken is up to each person. It could mean that only 5 of Kotetsu's Pokemon are revealed before the inevitable happens, so the game had to fill the other two slots with another Samurott and another Riolu. There's no way to tell for sure as of now.
-----
And to keep on topic, something that does have to do with the anime is that the same page with the game on it reveals that the Sawk battle is the 3rd round, so the 2nd round will likely be the montage one.

Hmm so the teams could be different lol. All we know for Ash is Pignite and the rat.

So if Stephan is the 3rd round and the trip battle is the preliminaries, do we get 1st and 2nd round rushed/montage battles for Ash?

So whose Lucario is that in the preview clip?

That preview link PlayerKing posted had a little bit of Ash and Stephan's battle.

There wasn't much, but Leavanny is somehow able to effortlessly dodge all of Sawk's Close Combats.

So whose Lucario is that in the preview clip?

It's probably Kotetsu's Riolu evolved into a Lucario. There was a scan that mentioned that Riolu's "appearance would change," probably hinting at an evolution either here or BW108. Pikachu vs. Lucario will most likely take place in the Kotetsu battle (either in BW107 or BW108).

So if Stephan is the 3rd round and the trip battle is the preliminaries, do we get 1st and 2nd round rushed/montage battles for Ash?

It depends, since dialogue in BW104 indicated that the Top 64 round was "round 2." We know that Ash's opponent in the Top 64 round is a generic trainer, so either he will fight Stephan or another generic trainer in the Top 32 round.

Last edited:

Hahakomori does actually get a bit of focus and training (and we've seen a few of those training sessions at the beginning of some episodes.) Plus Keenan has been whoring out his Dageki for a long while, so it would make a lot of sense for Satoshi to have actually developed counters for it.

Not to mention its skinny and nimble body. With a body like that, it really isn't that strange that Leavanny would be able to dodge a move like that.

Everyone forgot about this because of EPISODE N?

Kenyan certainly has been using Dageki a good bit, still not as terrible as Bel and Shooti's overuse of their starters. At least Kenyan doesn't rely solely on Dageki, Satoshi probably thought of Hahakomori, a Pokemon I don't think Kenyan has ever seen before as a direct counter to Dageki. In Fight simply is being dodged by the more skinny and agile Hahakomori, not to mention I really love the dodging and how badass he looks. Hahakomori actually went up times 10 points in cool-ness because of this solely. I'm really excited for the battle and it's really gonna be a close-range battle, muscles versus nimbleness, I can't wait.

Also, omg he's dodging with his eyes closed and all smug-like XD We're seeing some nice personality from back when he was a Kurimiru, back when I really really liked him, I wonder if Swarm will activate since he seems to be learning Scissors-Cross? Also, I gotta say, this battle looks much better than anything we've seen from Tsutarja tbh. Although I like her this is just a shining example of how the reserves have their moments that go further than the "main" Pokemon and manage to really be better. I mean when has Tsutarja ever had a super impressive battle like this? Reserve or not this just shows that quality is better than quantity.

Oh and Eevee defeats a Crimgan, pretty impressive given how strong Dragons are, then again Crimgan isn't nearly as made out to be strong as something like Kairyu or Ononokusu. I'm still surprised at how much I prefer the other rivals to Shooti and Bel given they're the main rivals, weird. This makes me wanna go train a Hahakomori in-game.

Leavanny is somehow able to dodge Sawk and mock him at the same time. Not sure how a badly-trained Leavanny is able to do that to a well trained Sawk.

At the very least we know Satoshi has been training Hahakomori, along with his other Pokemon mostly off-screen due to the dialogue and the pre-episode training sessions. Training, like staring at paint dry,Like Hikari's Ice Chandelier episode unless it's written to be entertaining, is boring as crap and it's something that from the episode stated canon should be assumed to be done off-screen.

Dageki vs Hahakomori (using X-Scissor)
121213_01.jpg

Boldore vs Sazandora.
121220_01.jpg

yea kick his ass Boldore. Thank god for X-scissor, Leavanney's move set looked so weak without it

Last edited:

Is Boldore using SuperPower? That's awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom