• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Can someone name this music track from the anime?

There's no official name for it, unfortunately. But this track has appeared many, many times in the English dub (as it should, since it's a dub-only track). Its first appearance was in the very first episode, and it played when Ash took Misty's bike to get to the Viridian City Pokemon Center faster.

I doubt I'm alone in wanting there to be a clearer version of that track made available sometime, as it is one of the better dub BGM tracks (mostly because it's one of the few 4kids-composed Pokemon dub BGM tracks that doesn't have a cartoony vibe to it, a feat they only ever were able to repeat with the first three Pokemon movies). John Loeffler and Ralph Shuckett really ought to make a Soundcloud account.

While I admit the original Japanese music is superior. I can say that a lot of the 4Kids tracks were very good and fit. This is one such example and this has always been a favorite of mine. I do wish that the 4Kids music would get an official release as it would sit well next to my Japanese soundtracks.

WHAT. I had NO idea there were 4kids dub BGM tracks! Shows how much I know :D

But this makes the search more suspenseful! Perhaps they'll release something eventually. It makes much more sense now since the track doesn't exactly match the rest of the japanese counterparts. But I'm curious as to what plays during the Japanese versions of those episodes.

4kids sure has awesome soundtracks. Take this one as another eg

Unfortunetaly I don't think they'll ever be released... For one those OST are over 15 years old and haven't 4kids gone bankrupt already?

Shows how much I'm aware of things. I didn't know 4Kids had gone under, either. But it's unfortunate because that is the one track I really, really like from what I now know is from the 4Kids American OST.

The first three movies also had dub-only soundtracks. If you ask me, here are my scores for them:

-Original Japanese first movie soundtrack is better than the dub soundtrack.

-Dub second movie soundtrack utterly demolished the original soundtrack.

-Dub third movie soundtrack wins over the original by the skin of its teeth.

But don't take my word for it; try listening to both and decide for yourself which is better.

Actually, I remember when I first learned that the First movie was given its own soundtrack. I was a little pissed because I enjoyed the original soundtrack over the American one. However, the Tears of Life piece is still closest to my favorite(considering no music played in the original until after Ash wakes up)

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom