• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Captain Slow & The Slow Patrol: Doubles Trick Room RMT

Chibi Buizel

World's #1 Buizel
Reaction score
I wanted to make a Doubles team and I like Trick Room so I figured what the heck let's build a whole team around it

598.png

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpDef
Relaxed Nature
~Stealth Rock
~Gyro Ball
~Power Whip
~Leech Seed
  • Hazard setter
  • Physical bulk
  • Dat Gyro Ball

579.png

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 192 HP / 64 DEF / 252 SpAtk
Quiet Nature
Moves:
~Psychic
~Shadow Ball
~Trick Room
~Focus Blast
  • Trick Room set-upper
  • Type coverage
  • Dat Special Attack

181-m.png

Ampharos @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static/Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 HP / 4 Def
Quiet Nature
~Discharge
~Dragon Pulse
~Power Gem
~Focus Blast
  • Mega Evolution
  • Type Coverage

356.png

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpDef
Sassy Nature
~Trick Room
~Will-O-Wisp
~Helping Hand
~Pain Split
  • Trick Room set-upper
  • Support?

080.png

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpDef
Relaxed Nature
~Trick Room
~Scald
~Psyshock
~Slack Off
  • Another Trick Room Set-upper
  • Bulky water

534.png

Conkeldurr @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpDef
Adamant Nature
~Mach Punch
~Hammer Arm
~Stone Edge
~Facade
  • Tank I guess?

------------------------------------------------

I was also considering this guy but I don't know who I should get rid of, assuming I keep him on the team

663.png

Talonflame @ Life Orb?
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Speed?
Adamant Nature
~Brave Bird
~Flare Blitz
~Roost
~Bulk Up
  • Physical Sweeper
  • For when I can't set up Trick Room

All your suggestions are welcome! Looking forward to someone helping me with this team~

Last edited:
Conk should obviously be running Brave over Adamant - typo? Also, I might use Mega Abomasnow over Mega Ampharos, it's power is overwhelming on both sides, it's slower, Blizzard provides more power than Discharge while not hitting your own Pokémon, and it pairs well with Magic Guard Reuniclus.

Abomasnow@Abomasite
Snow Warning
Brave/Quiet
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Sp Atk
~Blizzard
~Energy Ball/Wood Hammer/Giga Drain
~Ice Shard
~Protect/Earthquake

Reuniclus prefers Recover or Protect over Shadow Ball in doubles, Dusclops should probably have Protect over Helping Hand, and Conk might like Drain Punch better than either Hammer Arm or Façade. Note that Façade has 140 power with status while STAB Iron Fist Hammer Arm has 180 power, STAB Iron Fist Drain Punch has 143 power and heals, Super Effective Iron Fist Ice Punch has 180 power, and Super Effective Knock Off has 195 power. Since Façade doesn't hit anything at all Super Effectively, that makes it a pretty bad choice. Knock Off would also be better than Façade if you want to replace Hammer Arm with Drain Punch, as it provides strong (97.5 BP) coverage against Ghosts and Psychics while also being one of the best utility moves in the game. Ice Punch is better than Stone Edge as it hits Fliers but also nabs the common Ground and Dragon types. Conk also loves Assault Vest, as it is lacking in the Sp Def department. Guts can still be used to let Conk absorb status, but Iron Fist can also be used to boost Drain Punch, Ice Punch and Mach Punch. the set I'd recommend for Conkeldurr is:

Conkeldurr@Assault Vest
Iron Fist/Guts
Brave
252 HP/252 Atk/4 Sp Def
~Drain Punch
~Mach Punch
~Knock Off
~Ice Punch

I've decided on a few changes

1. Due to the fact that Helping Hand Dusclops is only possible with the help of a Pokemon game I do not own, I'm switching out Helping Hand on Dusclops for Protect probably
  2. Switching out Ferrothorn for Talonflame for more synergy, and so that I have a fast Pokemon for when I'm unable to get Trick Room out

Update, I'm redoing Conk's moveset because I don't have the time to IV breed in BW2, and half of the moves on that set up there are BW2 tutor moves

Conkeldurr@Flame Orb
Guts
Brave
252 HP/252 Atk/4 Sp Def
~Drain Punch
~Mach Punch
~Rock Slide
~Protect

Unless someone wants to hand me a Conk with good IVs and the moveset that's listed a few posts above, this is what I think I'm going with

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom