• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Capture the Shiny Victini Mafia! - Endgame (7/19/18)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How was the setup of the game?
I know it was bastard, but I feel like mafia was quite underpowered. I didn't really think they stood a chance, and by the end they were easy to pick out. Other than that, it was really interesting and fun.

I agree. There were too many information roles for Town and Phase Resetter can be an even stronger Reviver. One or Two Town vanillas would have been good. Protip for bastard games: Consider Tailor to manipulate role pm flips to a custom one. Cutting the Phase Resetter and putting in a Tailor would have helped the balance immensely for a bastard game.

Good game everyone! @HumanDawn for the record we knew you weren't survivor since Night 1 Pt. 1, Feenie had the good idea of using the rolecop on you. We didn't know what to do with you though because we didn't know what Replacer was, so we just left you alone.

Yeah... I checked the Mafia chat, and I don't know why they didn't just tell you the details of the Replacer role. I was an Independent Survivor though, just with a different name and an anti-town and anti-mafia win condition. I had a plan in my head that if I was outed somehow, I would claim that Replacer takes the win condition too but because I don't need to use it, I am okay staying and winning as Independent. It sucks you didn't get to know more details of my role, it makes the Rolecop a bit redundant.

It kinda sucks that town won, because I honestly thought that we were playing really well and I feel like we definitely would have won the game had the phase reset never happened. Despite that we still managed to mislynch someone each day except the last.

Town did not officially win, but they technically did. You played very well, the setup was just way too against you. Cop and Watcher weren't even used to their full potential! Kyriaki as a lynch not happening was unfortunate but not like it would have happened anyway. I think more than half the living players in the game could prove their roles. Janitor is an OP role but ughh that Phase Resetter...

I have one more piece of feedback that I want to say outside of the questions because I feel like it's very important.

I would like to propose that in future games here in TWR, the Silencer strategy of talking with votes should be banned. I understand that it might be up to host's discretion, but it really is loophole abuse, no different than Elieson talking in his signature in his first game here. If you want the player to be able to vote while silenced, you can have them vote in PM. I just feel like it really takes away from the charm of the role, and although it's a clever strategy as town, it can indirectly make town even more powerful than originally intended.

I promise I don't intend that to be me complaining as a poor sport but just me suggesting something :)

I agree completely, even with the PM idea.

I'd say a couple of things could be improved -
1. HD. Too powerful.

Yeah... it was so powerful, I asked if I was understanding it correctly.

The Replacer wincon (not wincing, autocorrect!) was definitely a sneaky thing, and it was also a smart move on HD’s part to keep his actual Replacer action idled the whole game so he could simply play the harmless Survivor part. I mean, I kinda figured someone would want to try out the new toy I gave them, but I shouldn’t have banked on that, clearly.

I really wanted to use it... but at the same time is was really risky and it made more sense to save it for later in case of an emergency. Maybe you might have liked me pretending to be a dead person's role...? It was good I didn't use it, what, with the setup having a Tracker and Watcher...

The fake Larry then proceeds to open up all of the dead trainers’ Pokéballs, which he’d swiped from the real Larry Jones beforehand, causing the hacker’s, Blake’s, Max’s, Ryota’s, the dentist’s, and the plumber’s teams of Pokémon to all turn into Ditto slaves. These Ditto then turn into Genesect and split into several swarms that fly off in different directions.

A chained up Larry Jones watches helplessly in terror as several Dittofied Pokémon in the form of Genesect fly towards the Ferris wheel he’s been trapped in, then blast his gondola to bits with a series of Techno Blasts.

No joke, my flavour text in the games I would host would have crazy stuff like this, so I'm glad I won with a victory written like as if I wrote it!

The game ended in a win for the Independent Replacer, HumanDawn!

I won! ... but I was bummed Town didn't win with me because they let me live. If I was sneaky with nobody knowing, I'd have been a lot more satisfied, but I felt bummed that the other side didn't win.

Uhh, as Ditto, I shall transform into Celebi, go back in time, save every Town player that has died and be sure that only Mafia players died, and win with them! This is the TRUE ENDING!

Did you enjoy playing the game?

Yes, it was mostly enjoyable with the Serial Killer flip and phase reset because that helped prove I was not two things.

How was the setup of the game?

Town OP. Mafia UP. Me OP.

Bastard enough for ya? Too much?

A Tailor or Converter and no Phase Reseter would have helped make the game more bastard but balanced. I feel like there shouldn't be such a big divide in Role Madness.

Did you like the flavor text?

I didn't go through the thread with the original story in it, and I know this is an alternate take to it, but it's hard to connect to what's going on without knowing enough about the actual characters mentioned. I liked what I understood and some of the craziness, though.

What would you have done differently (as a player or as a host)?

Well, going back in time knowing I'd win with what I did, and actually not outing myself, it would be interesting to see how I would go that way.

Would you consider playing another Mafia game by MegaPod?

Yes! My first game here was awful balance-wise, so many ideas, and it was basically a large mess, but yours was much better balance-wise than my first! I had 30 players while you had 14, but still, you designed the game much better with the numbers you had in mind compared to mine.

Anyways, guess I’m still learning how this Mafia hosting biz really works, so I hope y’all will stay patient with me when I decide to host again. Maybe I’m not the best host, but I’ll try to be a memorable one at the very least! :p
The most important thing for a host is to recognise and learn from mistakes, and yo're clearly doing that.
Your FT is also really good, and yeah your unique roles were really interesting!
Overall I'd say the game was an 8/10 & I would definitely play another megapod game

If anyone’s interested, here’s the full log of actions:

Night 1

Blacephalon - none
Cilantro - none
Feenie - kill Elementar, silence DarthWolf
DarthWolf - none
jdthebud - give Dialgloves to Pika_pika42
Jinjo - track Kyriaki (result: visited Elementar)
Pika_pika42 - none
HumanDawn - none
Thanos - none
Doctor Floptopus - none
Kyriaki - Masonize Elementar (fail)
TheCapsFan - investigate HumanDawn (result: Replacer)

Night 2

Pika_pika42 - reset
(No other submissions, but the reset would have trumped them anyways)

Night 1 Redux

Lone_Garurumon - heal Jinjo
Cilantro - none
Feenie - silence Elementar
DarthWolf - none
jdthebud - give Hyper Beam Cannon to Elementar
Jinjo - track Kyriaki (result: visited Cilantro)
Pika_pika42 - none
HumanDawn - none
Thanos - investigate Pika_pika42 (result: suspicious)
Doctor Floptopus - none
Kyriaki - masonize Cilantro (fail)
TheCapsFan - kill Kyriaki, investigate jdthebud (result: Inventor)

Night 2 Redux

Lone_Garurumon - heal Jinjo
Feenie - strongarm Lone_Garurumon
DarthWolf - none
jdthebud - none
Jinjo - track jdthebud (result: visited nobody)
Elementar - kill Doctor Floptopus
Pika_pika42 - kill Feenie
HumanDawn - none
Thanos - investigate DarthWolf (result: unsuspicious)
Doctor Floptopus - none
TheCapsFan - frame Jinjo

Also, I’ve set the Mafia chat so that all current members can invite more, so just ask if you want in and someone will add you.

really wishing I hadn't forgotten to submit actions 2 nights in a row :^/

it was a cool game, and congrats to Mafia for winning despite the lack of power

Unannounced Autocrat...wow, never seen that. Even for a bastard game that’s pretty ridiculous.

More thoughts later.

I like the silence idea with PMs, but the only thing about it is how would people know they're not lurking? Could an announcement be made in the update?

Also, I’ve set the Mafia chat so that all current members can invite more, so just ask if you want in and someone will add you.

I'm curious to see what the Mafia chat looked like. I'm pretty sure my name is going to be mentioned a lot since Mafia tried to frame me and get me lynched.

Congrats to HumanDawn for winning!

Aside from mafia being underpowered, I think this game was well-planned. Thanks for letting me play, hosts :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom