• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Casual Goodbyes - R

Are they supposed to be errors?

No seriously, this fic does NOT deserve the title of the best fic ever.

Are they supposed to be errors?

No seriously, this fic does NOT deserve the title of the best fic ever.

I never said that. I merely said that it wasn't bad. Nobody here thinks that except for maybe OP. Stop putting words into my mouth kthxbai

LOL, you're over-cratiquing is funny.

LOL, you used the wrong "your". "You're" means you are and "your" means it belongs to you. And also "critiquing" is the correct way to spell it. You need to work on your spelling/grammar because "you're over-cratiquing" is 2/3 incorrect and it was supposed to reply to critique that says you need to do just that, I did that a tad ironic and lazy.

I haven't read your fic, will do later I just wanted to point that out. I'm not going to be overly-critical or anything, I'll be fair. (I always am, The Jabberwock and I don't have the best history but I gave his prequel a goof review.)

Chapter Three: A Different Side

“Ash! Stop!” Delilah shouted as her six year old child launched himself at her. His eyes were glowing red. All she had said was that she wanted to know where he put the Crimson stone. He was going nuts. Mrs. Ketchum leapt on top of the coffee table while Ash tumbled across the floor after missing her.

“Ash! I demand you stop this nonsense right now!” Mrs. Ketchum cried.

Ash stood up not even dazed. He glared at her his eyes still that crimson red.

“You’re not Ash, are you?” Delilah gulped.

He smiled and turned. He did a couple of impressive back flips into the air landing up right on the coffee table.

“No. I am not.” Ash smirked.

“How did you…What…” Delilah fainted…

-----------

Pikachu looked at the boy in the driver’s seat. It had been a long day. Ash had been a fool. He wanted to see Misty. He hadn’t seen her for a long time. He was to be kept hidden in till the coast was clear again. He already ran into his mom last year. That gave her quite a fright. And then Cassidy and Butch knew he was alive. Now Ash did it again. Last time it was to go catch some pokemon…This time it was to see Misty… Gary was his usual self telling him it wouldn’t be safe. So early in the morning, Ash and Pikachu got up and stole Gary’s car.

Pikachu usual wouldn’t allow Ash to leave but this time… Pikachu had to agree. Ash had missed his friends so much. Gary kept in touch with Lily so they could find out more about the rocket head quarters near there. But… Lily also kept a daily up to date on how misty was doing for Ash’s sake. He knew she had disappeared last night and he knew where she would go.

Ash was alive. Ash shivered at the thought at what happened three years ago. He had just hung up on Brock….

There was a huge explosion like a rocket going off. I remember the smell of smoke. Our fire alarm system went off. Mom rushed in with Pikachu. She told me to run. I didn’t understand. Gun shots…

“Run Ash!” Delilah cried, “They’ll kill you!”

I obeyed. I took off with Pikachu at me heel. He knew where to take me. I didn’t. I spoke to pikachu…

“Pikachu, what’s going on?”

‘Team Rocket is here. They are gonna kill you, Ash. They want you and the Crimson Teardrop.’

I remember being startled and then not feeling anything at all. Everything was a blur. People were dieing… Screaming for help… I wanted to help them…I couldn’t feel anything I just was there watching. Pikachu was screaming for me to come back but… I wouldn’t listen… or did I not hear him?

I was walking…with my head towards the ground…not really going anywhere…Like in a trace…a…a man came up to me and told me to drop before he shot me…I looked up at him…He recognized me…I…I remember him talking into his walkie-talkie,

“We found him. Radio Giovanni! We got him. He don’t look that dangerous.”

I lifted my hand…something made me do it… I shot a volley of lighting force at his walkie-talkie making it turn to dust…

I spoke to him… I can’t remember what I was doing…

“Ato modori wa dekinai yo ima kara ja. Makeru wake ni wa ikanai yo! Kaeru koto no dekinai unmei daki shime chaou yo.” I whispered to him. My eyes burned…I knew what was wrong…It was the stone again. It was controlling me… It did this only when it felt it was in danger…only then I didn’t have powers…

That stone was not good for anyone to have…Even with me…But Team Rocket didn’t know what it did…But this one would soon find out..

“You’re using the stone…” He gulped.

“No…The stone is using him.” The words just popped out. I couldn’t stop them. How could I stop this?!

I pointed at him this time…He ran… I was gonna kill him…It happened so suddenly… How could I stop?!…I had to think… I had to gain control…Someone say my name!… May. She screamed. I dropped to my knees. I could move again…

I ran towards the scream. I had to stop this. It was my fault. They wanted the Crimson Teardrop. I felt it in my pocket to make sure it was okay…

“No more using me.” I hissed to it. That stone was alive…It could hear…

I ran over… Gary’s mom was lying lifeless on the ground…No…She can’t be… Then May… They pointed the gun at her… I jumped in the way… I remember terrible pain and then blackness…

Ash shuttered. He woke up at least two days later with Gary at his side. It was then that Gary told Ash he could never go anywhere. He couldn’t see his mom or anyone again. Gary told him that he and May were found in front of the old Grocery store by Jessie and James. They had saved there lives. They were supposed to search for survivors and kill them and if any was Ash they were to tell Giovanni. But Jessie, James, and Meowth were too kind hearted. They saved him and May that night. May had only fainted but Ash had a severe wound on his side from the gun shot. Gary didn’t know if Ash would make it. But he did. As for Gary. He was at his Gym that day and was supposed to get to Ash’s party late. As soon as he heard of the raid he immediately worried for his mother, May, and Ash. He couldn’t get into Pallet but he got a unusual phone call that informed him that Ash and May were fine and being treated at a small clinic in New Bark. Professor Elm was told to keep Ash’s secret, secret. But it wasn’t really a problem. He didn’t really pay any attention to them at all.

Jessie and James had a Nurse Joy who was also swore to secrecy and she helped doctor May and Ash back to heath. Gary smuggled Ash back into Viridian were he had stayed ever since. Pikachu had arrived a couple days later at Gary’s Gym hearing that Ash was here. Pikachu was so surprised to see him alive. And Ash thought equal for Pikachu. He thought Pikachu had been killed. It was a touching reunion. Ash and Pikachu stayed in hiding together. Watching and waiting for a sign Team Rocket had been disbanded. Sometimes sneaking out to deflect some of their plans anyway.

That’s how Cassidy and Butch knew he was alive. He had been seen by them. They never told Giovanni. Only few of the Team Rocket members knew. But this made Gary’s job so much harder. He had to make a special hiding place beneath the floor boards with a stash of food, blankets, clothing, supplies, and Ash’s back pack still full of stuff he had on his pokemon journey. This included his pokemon.

There was a secret escape there, that was in case any found his hideaway. That’s how he got out tonight. He opened the grate that lead outside and slipped through without Gary’s detection. Ash did this a lot

Ash let out a deep groan after looking into his rear view mirror.

“She’s tailing us, Pikachu.”

Pikachu looked worried.

‘You have to change direction. She can’t know where you are going.’

“Too late. This is a one way road… Strait through Saffron, Celadon and then to Viridian. Man. Aren’t main roads so convent. Proves right were you’re headed.”

‘You stop in Saffron and turn to Cerulean.’ Pikachu offered.

“No. I’m not gonna drive right past Team Rocket head quarters!” Ash snapped.

‘Well, first put you’re hood up. So she won’t recognize you.’

“Yeah, like she would recognize me after three years.”

‘ Maybe not on first glance, but she’ll catch on.’

Ash muttered under his breath on how stupid and pointless it was before lifting his hood up.

“How bout I make her stop following us?”

‘How will ya do that?’ Pikachu asked.

“Pull over and tell her to bug off. Simple as that.”

‘Why do I feel that isn’t going to work?’

“Maybe. Cause I already did it once?” Ash suggested wearily.

‘Yeah. That’s it.’

“What is it with her and following people?”

‘Maybe it’s a girl thing.’

They both shrugged.

Chapter Four: Enter AJ

The stars dotted the skies gleaming and shining each uniquely. A soft wind from the north blew through the trees singing a eerie tune on this beautiful night. The quiet loomed over the sleeping campsite. It was well past midnight. The hot ambers of the fire had slowly died away long ago and now all was left was the gray empty ash. Although it was deadly quiet, one members of the group lay awake.

“Misty?” Ash asked nervously praying she was awake, “Misty, you up?”

A slight yawn indicated the young girl was still up but barely.

“I was worrying about the tournament tomorrow. You know, against the Elite Four.”

“Afraid?” Misty smirked slightly turning over in her sleeping bag to face him.

Ash striated up and glared at her,

“Am not.”

“Then why would you still be awake?” Misty smiled in a trivial mocking voice.

Ash didn’t answer. He turned and looked at the stars,

“Do you think I have a chance?”

Misty looked shocked. All this time he was bragging about how long he had trained and how he would beat everyone and now he was worried? Now he was looking at the slim chances with a grim face when he always had a smirk.

“Of course Ash. You’re really talented. You should beat them easily.”

“I don’t think so.” Ash smiled shifting a bit to watch her out of the corner of his eye, “I mean, no one my age has ever done it…Maybe I’m rushing…”

“Ash! You are such a idiot!” Misty hissed, “You have worked all you’re life for this moment! You shouldn’t back down now! Not when you are this close! If I had thought you couldn’t do it, would I still be rooting for you.”

“Yes.” Ash grinned.

Misty frowned on how he took her encouragement. He flung back a insult. Like he always does…

“You know my Dad was a Master, Misty?” Ash said out of the blue.

Misty looked a little taken aback,

“No, you never mentioned him before.”

“Never wanted to.” Ash said softly, his face somber.

“What, was he a bad father?”

“Na. He was the best anyone could ever hope for… That’s why I hate him.”

Misty blinked,

“How could you hate him if he was perfect?”

Ash was silent for a long time after this. Misty looked over at his face which was streaked silver in the moon light. His eyes reflected the starry night in a amber haze.

“Because he promised me….”

Misty blinked. A silver tear slipped down his red cheek…He brushed it away….

“Promised you what?” Misty asked curiously.

“A promise…that he will never fulfill…He promised to watch the day I won a place in the inner circle…”

“Ash, I’m sure he’ll be there tomorrow…”

Ash turned his eyes to her. He narrowed his golden eyes and rested them upon the girl in front of him,

“No. He will not be there…”

“But Ash-“

“Didn’t you hear me? He won’t be there alright?! He- he’s dead.”

Ash turned away quickly hiding the tears that slipped out under his control. Misty looked stunned.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t know.”

“It’s okay. It wasn’t your fault.” His voice came stiffly as though he wanted her to leave him alone.

He rubbed the tears roughly out of his eyes. He hated to cry. Ash thought it was stupid to do so. It was a waste. When nothing would come out of it.

“Misty…have you ever lost someone?”

Misty looked hard at Ash’s form…

“Yeah…”

“Do you think…I mean did you cry?”

“Yeah…of course. It was…You know…The natural thing to do…and crying helps heal…it washes the heart…”

Ash blinked…

“Do you think you could help me?”

“What?”

“I mean…help me cry?"

------------------

Misty spotted the silver convertible in the distance but for some reason it looked parked. Misty slowed down and eased down on the breaks. She came to a full halt a few feet from the car. She jumped off her bike and folded it back into it’s simple size. She tucked it carefully in her pack and slipped into the shadows…

What is this guy up to?

She heard someone whistling a pretty tune…when it dawned on her for what it was she stiffened a muffled gasp… Someone was whistling Lugia’s song…But that was impossible…only a few people have heard that song before.

A chill swept down her spine…

Who was she dealing with?

Misty reached a clearing that opened out into a meadow of beautiful flowers. There was the man picking them with his little yellow companion…She cocked a brow…

What was going on?

“So do you always follow boys into the woods at night or is this just a one time thing?” The figure was looking strait at her hiding place…Misty froze…

How did he know? Or was he just talking to himself?

Misty hesitated before stepping out of the darkness. She could she his face…But his voice was hidden…Like he was trying to mask it from her…

Ash stared at her.

My gosh…Look how beautiful she is…

Ash couldn’t help but notice all her changes. Her hair had grown out to shoulder length and gleamed crimson with streaks of silver moonlight….Her eyes were still the two diamond he remembered. And her attire was totally different. She wore a beaten up pair of jeans and a bright aqua shirt with shimmers of sliver glitter in it… She looked like a goddess. Ash tried hard not to blush…He didn’t know how well this cloak hid his features.

“What’s your name?” Misty heard the man ask. Misty was a bit worried…Was this man evil? Should she… Would he harm her? Was it safe?

“Misty.” Misty stated. For some reason she could trust him. Her instincts let her.

She watched him curiously as he tucked the bundle of flowers in his hand into a small leather pouch attached to his belt. He didn’t seem to notice her eyes following him. He turned away and started walking down the path with pikachu at his heel. Misty was a little surprised but she stayed put. He called back over his shoulder,

“Well, Misty, although it is lovely to meet you I would be very content with you not following me anymore. Unless you would like me to inform your parents which I doubt they would be thrilled to-“

The man stumbled over a log and flipped frontward landing sharply on his rear. His cloak got caught on the log ripping it down the back and clear off him.

“Pika piii!” His pikachu cried running to his side.

Misty suppressed a gasp. There before her sat a small fifteen year old boy. He had nice jet black hair in a normal boy-cut and a slight shadowing under his eyelids.

The boy sat leaning against the log his eyes tightly clamped. He was breathing hard as if he had the wind knocked out of him. He clutched his side in pain…

Misty looked him over once more before offering any help. He wore some normal beat up jeans and a black tee shirt. It was then she saw them. Six pokeballs attached to his belt. This kid was a trainer…

“You okay?” Misty asked cautiously approaching him.

“I’ve been better.” The boy replied in a higher voice then before. It was smooth and clear with a touch of familiarity. She felt as though she knew him somehow…

Man, he’s kind of cute… for a kid anyway.

The boy’s eyes snapped opened. He had beautiful golden like amber eyes.

The boy checked his side and lifted his shirt a bit to revel a cut that was spilling blood.

Misty had to hold her gasp of surprise again.

“You’re hurt?!”

He looked up at her and blinked as if he just noticed she was standing there. He quickly checked for his hood to find it behind him…His cover was blown.

“Darn it.” He groaned.

“That cut looks severe…”

“Yeah…I can handle it.” The boy muttered.

He looked up at her and then looked away,

“I don’t need you’re help.”

Misty’s face burned red. How dare he talk to her in that manner. She was older then him. He should respect gym leaders anyway.

“Pikachu.” The boy muttered to his pet. The pikachu leapt over and examined his wound. It spoke to him and the boy nodded.

“You understand it?” Misty asked.

“It’s not an it, Miss Misty. It’s a him.” The boy growled, “And yes I do.”

“What is his name then?”

“Pikachu.”

“Oh.”

The Pikachu began to charge up as Misty watched worriedly.

“You are gonna let Pikachu shock you?! How will that help?”

The boy looked at her annoyed.

“My pikachu knows what he is doing.”

“Okay. Suit yourself.”

Pikachu let charge a pure white electric charge at the boy’s wound. It surrounded him in a white haze and then faded away. The boy didn’t even flinch. He lifted his shirt to check his side and sure enough, the wound was gone.

“What was that?!” Misty gasped.

“It was a lose charge of low voltage energy. With a trained Pikachu you can teach them to do that but it takes patients and pain. Sometimes they mess up.” The boy groaned rubbing his skin were the wound used to be.

“Does it hurt?” Misty asked.

“No. Just itches.” The boy smiled getting to his wobbly feet.

“So… Whose parents should we call?” Misty grinned, “You should talk. Awfully young to be driving a car.”

This caught the boy off guard. He blushed slightly in the cheeks,

“I’m young…but not that young. I just turned sixteen.” The boy murmured almost to himself.

“Who are you?! Why were you spying on me?” She demanded.

The boy glared at her in disgust,

“You actually think I was spying on you? I wasn’t. I was visiting some old friends…” He trailed off.

Misty appeared shaken,

“You knew Ash?”

“You could say that.” The boy muttered pulling his cloak from the log…She noticed the gash that was in it before was suddenly gone. Misty ignored it.

“I knew him in a different life if you must be so literally.”

Misty was silent for a moment. She finally spoke barely above a whisper,

“Who are you?”

“A-Aj My name is Aj Gray.” The boy muttered.

Rant has been spoilered for being too long imo.
The chapter length has nothing to do with how good the story is. I've read marvellous fics that only last 3 pages on Word with the default font, and read utter crap that could go on for 10 pages The complete collection of My Immortal anybody. I will admit, it's not /the best/, but it's not /bad/ like most of you think. There are grammatical errors, and while I don't like Prince's attitude when it comes to them, I will defend him by saying that everyone makes grammatical mistakes. Would you like me to correct the grammatical errors in your statement, Padfoot?
All in all, I'm not saying you guys are jealous. I'm not saying that Casual Goodbyes is the best fic EVER. I'm saying that you all are being prejudiced against his fiction because of its author's unlikeable attitude.

Any right he had to be defended disappeared when he refused to fix the errors he made. You are aware you are defending a troll, right?

He crapped out two more chapters riddled with purple prose and sloppy writing that he refuses to fix. By this point his true attitude should be obvious.

Oh at least correct the errors which have been pointed out to you.

Seriously, you guys? Jeez, I thought you'd be better than that! I mean, think about it. You got a troll here, maybe, but you're still taking the bait and flaming him to hell and back! Isn't that like, what you're not supposed to do? And all you got on him is pointing out spelling and grammar mistakes? I mean, that's a problem and all, but when that's all you really got, that's really, really reaching!

Yeah sure, maybe this guy's an arrogant jackass! Maybe this isn't the best fic as he claimed! Maybe he claimed it'd be a break from the staleness, and yet, we got another fic based around some kind of Ash shipping! But god damn, your reactions to this are just hilarious. And not in a good way, either.

I would understand what you were saying if you didn't act like him.

Either way, he brought what he's getting upon himself. If he at least bothered to read more than two fics before insulting everyone and everything, he'd at least be able to get a fair shot.

Eh...doesn't matter in the end, considering there's now a large chance he is nothing more than Legacy's sockpuppet.

Trust me, I am nothing like this guy. ;)

Christmas fic that was supposed to be the greatest thing ever but never materialized.

nd why do you suspect he's a sockpuppet of Legacy...?

Notice Legacy's fic is the only one he reads and the only one he specifically insults. And their similar writing styles. Stirring up a shitstorm with Pokemon Prince gives Legacy free publicity.

Also their IPs match...

Christmas fic that was supposed to be the greatest thing ever but never materialized.

I didn't say greatest thing ever. I just said I "write too well", specifically meaning too much. I did around a third of it done, however. Time just made a fool of me, that's all. And I did post an excerpt of what I finished.

Notice Legacy's fic is the only one he reads and the only one he specifically insults. And their similar writing styles. Stirring up a shitstorm with Pokemon Prince gives Legacy free publicity.

Also their IPs match...

I don't see any reason for him to want to do that, seeing as how he already has more than enough as it is. IPs matching, I can't really argue against, though. What compelled you to look into it, anyway?

Last edited:

Also their IPs match...

Ouch. seriously, that's low. Real low. On a side note, I'm amazed at how this event has stirred up the Legacy Fandumb.

I don't see any reason for him to want to do that, seeing as how he already has more than enough as it is. IPs matching, I can't really argue against, though. What compelled you to look into it, anyway?

PM. I'd rather not get into this out in the open.

On a side note, I'm amazed at how this event has stirred up the Legacy Fandumb.

I want to mention I haven't read one chapter of Legacy's fic. I do this purely because of my hatred for Pokemon Prince.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom