• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Suggestion Change the description of the report button.

mini-chan

"Equality"
Reaction score
Can an admin please do it?

Because many times, I have reported people for reasons other than SPAM, abuse, etc...

And I'd imagine some members might think that reporting something else may be considered report button abuse.

Also, I would like to ask a question.

If a user makes a thread which is not in the right section, or already exists, can they be reported?

The report button is indeed for everything. And an issue at the moment seems to be, people aren't reporting enough. So yes, it's perfectly fine to report a duplicate thread or a thread that's not in the right forum.

Edit: If you feel it breaks the rules or is unnecessary, go for it.

The report button is indeed for everything. And an issue at the moment seems to be, people aren't reporting enough. So yes, it's perfectly fine to report a duplicate thread or a thread that's not in the right forum.

Edit: If you feel it breaks the rules or is unnecessary, go for it.

OK.

Well then, I guess that the report button should have it's description changed.

So say, someone makes a thread about the awesomeness of Kyurem, I should report?

You could and say in the report "Is this thread/discussion allowed?" or maybe "Is this in the wrong section?" etc and the staff will usually discuss it.

If you're suspicious about something I'd personally say report it or PM a moderator from that section if they are online, or a admin/s-mod who is online at the time. I think most, if not all, of the staff would honestly prefer it if members asked/reported instead of posting in the thread giving their 2 cents on it.

You could and say in the report "Is this thread/discussion allowed?" or maybe "Is this in the wrong section?" etc and the staff will usually discuss it.

If you're suspicious about something I'd personally say report it or PM a moderator from that section if they are online, or a admin/s-mod who is online at the time. I think most, if not all, of the staff would honestly prefer it if members asked/reported instead of posting in the thread giving their 2 cents on it.

Oh OK.

(Oddly enough, I asked a question in a thread in the suggestion box)

Adding, we're looking into making some long-term changes to the reporting system as part of Overgrow that may help the problem.

But generally abuse is something where you either hound one person (reporting all of my posts, for instance) or report things that are generally not reportable a lot. We'll give you a warning if we feel you're stepping over the line.

Adding, we're looking into making some long-term changes to the reporting system as part of Overgrow that may help the problem.

But generally abuse is something where you either hound one person (reporting all of my posts, for instance) or report things that are generally not reportable a lot. We'll give you a warning if we feel you're stepping over the line.

Alright.

So I guess that overgrow 2 will solve a lot of problems.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom