• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Changes & Additions to Unova - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Opelucid City-Victory Road line (Route 10) on the map seems to have disappeared completely. I want to find out how the removal of this path will be explained in the games.

I wonder what significance the thumb-like dock now holds in Castelia. I'm also so excited about getting to see the new routes, they look awesome!

What about that green circle situated in the waters between Virbank and Castelia Cities?

I have no clue. It almost looks like some kind of port or something. The first thing that comes to mind is that one spot where the two fisherman are located. But why, it beats me.

Castelia City has sewers, which are filled with Zubat and Rattata

The Opelucid City-Victory Road line (Route 10) on the map seems to have disappeared completely. I want to find out how the removal of this path will be explained in the games.

I wonder what significance the thumb-like dock now holds in Castelia. I'm also so excited about getting to see the new routes, they look awesome!

What about that green circle situated in the waters between Virbank and Castelia Cities?

I have no clue. It almost looks like some kind of port or something. The first thing that comes to mind is that one spot where the two fisherman are located. But why, it beats me.

I'm assuming that it's just an icon for the name of the location or that it's a specific location along the tunnel.

New town called Yamaji Town.

Nothing else about it, though. It translates to, like, Mountain Path so I guess it's in NE Unova.

Castelia City also has a new park and this is where Eevee is found.

Not quite sure where to put this, but there are some trainers that will have triple battles with you. The livestream I'm watching of Black2 is having one right now in Chargestone cave. Looks like this feature will be more properly utilized in these games!

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this!

At what point in the game is Unova actually discovered to be partially frozen? And do we know that it was Kyurem's doing?

e; After defeating Drayden, got it.

Last edited:
Yamaji could be that town on the eastern mountain.
Yamaji literally means "mountain path".
from Serebii Forums.

It is fairly obvious that Yamaji is the new town in the eastern mountains. Can't wait to find out Shizui's town name.

So you go through Castelia's sewers, then through a cave, and you come out in the little park area where you can find Eevee. Nice to see Castelia is being expanded upon.

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/b/b4/Unova.png
Comparing the two maps we can tell:
-Victory Road now is entered on the eastern side of the hill. Thankfully it and the league aren't disjointed but so close together.
-The Giant Chasm is now part of route 20 something. Intrigued to say the least.
-Surprised bout the new city north of Undella. Guess it makes sense if the gyms there, but whatever.
-Unity Tower and Anville Town aren't on the map, but they will be later I assume.
-P2 lab is now accurately on the map.
-Dragonspiral is missing. Very surprised at that, was expecting it to be plot relevant.
-If the underwater tunnel is the dotted line, then its not just underwater. It goes through twist mountain and chargestone cave. The hell?
-So many POI! There are at least 4 that we can't account for on the map, that's for sure.
-Looks like the Tournaments in Driftveil after all. Wouldn't give it its own dot like the Ranch and Victory Road unless it wasn't.

Dragonspiral is still there. The only landmarks disappeared are Challenger's Cave and Route 10.

I think dotted lines just represents a ship transport. The underwater is between Undella and the new city at NE.

[h=2][/h]
Wow, I had no idea how vastly different Route 4 was between versions

White 2 looks like a shanty town while Black 2 is masterful

From Serebii.

So glad I'm getting Black 2. Though White 2 seems like it would be a depressing ghetto.

That explains the two different styles of buildings on Route 4 on the map aswell. Like Opelucid shows half and half.

Pokémon Black 2 & Pokémon White 2 - Version Exclusives - Areas

It must be really depressing to only be able to afford living on Route 4 with nicer cities like Nimbassa to the north, and Castelia to the south. How do those businesspeople walk across this place every day in BW -_-

I wonder how they managed to control the sandstorm in Black version? I guess having technologically advanced cities like Opelucid and Black City help out a lot.

Can I just say the animation in Shaga's Gym looks really awesome. Like... woah. XD All the previous gyms look different, but this is the one that stuck out to me, that and Arti's... That room... that rainbow room... O___O

Arti's gym makes me feel like I'm tripping on some serious weed.

I think dotted lines just represents a ship transport. The underwater is between Undella and the new city at NE.

And I was totally wrong. The dotted line connecting Driftveil and Castelia is a tunnel whose entrance is... Castelia sewerage. My bad.

Arti's gym makes me feel like I'm tripping on some serious weed.
Art is, basically, that.

You know, I haven't heard anything about Abundant Shrine.
When you get there, some boy is being accused of lying for seeing Landorus be there, change forme, and fly into the sky.

It seems the old man in the house also gives you the Reflecting Mirror from the text if you bring him Sacred Landorus, but it's not yet confirmed.

Pokémon Black 2 & Pokémon White 2 - Version Exclusives - Areas

It must be really depressing to only be able to afford living on Route 4 with nicer cities like Nimbassa to the north, and Castelia to the south. How do those businesspeople walk across this place every day in BW -_-

I wonder how they managed to control the sandstorm in Black version? I guess having technologically advanced cities like Opelucid and Black City help out a lot.

Lots of buildings can alter the winds of a zone, even in real life. Probably it's Black Route 4's case.

I just saw a Wailord swimming over the Marine Tube... three times (I left and re-entered each time). So I think it depends on the time of day when you enter as to what species you'll see. At night there's only Frillish and Basculin. I'm yet to see a Mantine. I'm hoping there's some others, but I think those four are probably it (Frillish, Basculin, Mantine and Wailord).

It's a nice touch. Hopefully they'll improve on things like this in future games. I was hoping to see Chinchou or Lanturn in there at night (before the entire new dex was revealed), but what can you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom