• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Chaos Mafia: Day 8 - American Bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dangit! I told you guys XD

Good game, Mafia. You managed a win in the end, after all :p

also do you know how RIDICULOUSLY HARD it is to write in only six-letter words??? dear lord.

*Screams* I kind of thought Aussie may have been Mafia, but I thought Proto was the most likeliest. *Sigh* It was truly chaotic.

It's okay, it's Soulmaster's fault for making me think you could be suspicious. Dammit Aussie, y u so evil!

Well played, Aussie!
After Blissey's death I lost hope, but well look what happened!
That last slot changed hands so many times I was afraid Rabbit would figure it out due to the erraticness of his results.
Anyways, while Aussie played well, Vivuto didn't do much.

Town self-destructed because:
1) You didn't trust your cops. Even though they caught scum correctly twice.
2) You were convinced Godfather was in the game. A game where any role can be any alignment and there were 4 cops with different sanities. Chances for Godfather and Miller approached zero, in my opinion.
3) Bodyguard doesn't mean confirmed town, because as said aboce, any role can be any alignment. This is Chaos mafia.

Well played, @Froakie; ! As soon as N1, you read lovandra correctly, using your ability on her and telling many people (who couldn't all be scum) about it. @Poke Man; also took a big risk D3 that worked out fine!

There was also a big misunderstanding with many roles; namely Commuter (strange variant, you were creative here, Flop!), Lynch Redirector (it had one shot, not two) and even Bodyguard (who was plain Doctor but we never realized it).

So, I am happy scum won, although Sexy Zexy and Izaya (my pick, was my avatar for a good while) lost... And Sexy Zexy was picked by my buddy. Very fun game!

Not to mention the fun I had in the mafia QT. 300 posts of which 270 (90%!) were while I was alive (less than half of the game), including huge WAZZUUP! posts from Flop and me talking about harems in the beginning xD

Did you all enjoy the game?
Was I an OK host?
Was it balanced?
Would you play the setup again?

Definitely!
Of course!
... well, not sure about that. If scum got Lynch Redirector/Rolecop randed it would be OP; scum could rand many cops/spy/commuter? to become very UP although that would weaken the town also, I guess. Yet I don't think it could've been better since randing the roles in alignments was an essential concept! And you worked it out well, it reached final 3 after all! Not to mention it reminded me a lot of Lord of the Rings (many cops, lynch council, dead QT vote) which was a plus! and it had me as a character that's enough
Well, closed setups like this (no info in the beginning) are supposed to only run once. Not knowing the roles is important. But the idea of roles and alignments assigned separately was nice and I would play another game based on it in the future!

Thanks to Flop for hosting and to all the players. It was a nice read, buddies. Congrats once again, Aussie!

Paranoia really kicked in at the end. Logic was totally out of the window with everyone accusing the cops. Well, at least we won't do that again. Aussie is truly cunning.

also do you know how RIDICULOUSLY HARD it is to write in only six-letter words??? dear lord.
Myself really adored TheProtobabe's restriction.
ShakeNVac reasoning towards TheProtobabe's restriction. Talkie Toaster coincidence.
ShakeNVac awesome object generally, deciding targets affected alongside buddies entertained myself greatly.
Restrictions collectively awesome! Images, colored wrtiting, posting bigger wording... scumbuddy Kyriaki faking restriction additionally!

Gratitude towards Flopunny including restrictions!

Thanks for Floppuny for being a great host, and I can't wait until for Chaos Mafia 2. ;)

Items:
You found a bottle of Shake 'n' Vac behind your fridge.
0278425_l.jpg

You can shake 'n' vac at another player's house during the night three times. You can still use your action.
Credit: Me :p
The Shake'n'vac was always intended as a sort of comedy item. The 3 restrictions imposed, in order, were to only be able to post in pictures for 3 phases, to make every post a different colour and to make someone post in words with 6 or more letters.
Captain America threw you his shield!
latest

You must throw it to another player in the day.
Credit: TheCapsFan
The idea with the shield was as a second protection, but one that no-one could hog. It protected a player from kills while they held it, but if they didn't throw it it would be removed entirely from the game.
You got Talkie Toaster, your chirpy breakfast companion!
talkie_toaster_by_rainy_day_blues-d4b0djm.png

Would you like to turn it on?
Credit: Me again :)
Talkie toaster was a bomb, in the sense that turning it on would result in the message:
[video=youtube;LRq_SAuQDec]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRq_SAuQDec[/video]
The toaster is driving you mad, and it will take you a whole day to beat it into submission before you can pass it on. You cannot post today because you are too annoyed.
You received a Thermoptic Camouflage Suit from Professor Pike. You can engage camouflage three times before the battery fails. To allow the camouflage to work, you must remain silent. One size fits all
Credit: Yours Truly
This was a commuter item with bonus action protection. Through some bizarre coincidence, the commuter got it to begin :)
Professor Dumbledore left you his Deluminator.
flat,800x800,075,t.jpg

You can use this once to make it dark the next day.
Credit: Cappy
This was an encryptor. Since it is special and snowflakey, it wouldn't be redistributed if the holder died.
Du nu nu nuuuuuuuu! You got the Dominion Rod.
tpitem51.jpg

You can take charge of a player's vote or action. However, it only has enough power for 2 uses.
Credit: Cappy again
Does what it says on the tin.
Flopunny defrosted you a sprout!
sprout_1455148a.jpg

You can eat it or pass it on. Who knows what might happen if you eat it?
Credit: Flopunny's dad
A totally useless, infinite item :D
You got Lucius Malfoy's Pimp Stick!
P-Lucius-Malfoy-Walking-Stick-Replica-1231904.JPG

A muggle like you can't use it, though, so you'll have to pass it on.
Credit: #Mrs Layton; my dear sister, who also came up with the idea of it being a mafia only item.
Mafia would be able to clout players with it, nulling their vote the next day.
You got a pair of Mustachio'd Glasses!
7095-incognito-glasses-2.jpg

You can wear them as a disguise.
Credit: Flopunny's mum
These reversed cop checks, and started with mafia. They gave the innocent check on Kyriaki/Vivuto/Eevee.
You 'borrowed' Hershel Layton's tea set.
past_professor_layton_tea_set_by_xx_sugarpie_xx-d5stout.png

However, since he drinks a hell of a lot of tea, there are only three tea bags left. You can make a nice cuppa for someone each day to give them energy.
Credit: Mrs Layton
The tea, if drunk, allowed someone to use their action twice in one phase. If they didn't have an action, they'd get a second vote.
That was by far my nastiest restriction :p

The Shake'n'vac was always intended as a sort of comedy item. The 3 restrictions imposed, in order, were to only be able to post in pictures for 3 phases, to make every post a different colour and to make someone post in words with 6 or more letters.
And it did its job well! Glad it fell in mafia's hands!
Talkie toaster was a bomb, in the sense that turning it on would result in the message:
[video=youtube;LRq_SAuQDec]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRq_SAuQDec[/video]
The toaster is driving you mad, and it will take you a whole day to beat it into submission before you can pass it on. You cannot post today because you are too annoyed.
Wow, more silencing :)
This was a commuter item with bonus action protection. Through some bizarre coincidence, the commuter got it to begin :)
Well, that makes a role weaker than an item, I wouldn't suggest it for balance. But Soulmaster getting it was fun.
WAIT IF IT PROTECTS FROM ACTIONS HOW DID SWORD CHECK HIM?
You can take charge of a player's vote or action. However, it only has enough power for 2 uses.[/SPOILER]Credit: Cappy again
Does what it says on the tin.
That item haunted me ever since I died! For one, thanks @returnofmastercrazyhand; for giving it to scum!
I was convinced we could use it as 2 extra kills by redirecting people to Life. Because I bought his Granny claim like a fool... wait he was the fool xD
Anyways, I thought of passing the item to Kyriaki Day 3 IN CASE I DIED. Then I regretted it. Then I died :( And it got randed to Sword Master.
Although admiteddly we couldn't use it as NK unless we kept progressforth alive. And we won anyway :)
A totally useless, infinite item :D
Nice! This is Chaos!
Mafia would be able to clout players with it, nulling their vote the next day.
I was hoping for it to be extra kill when Blissey got it...
These reversed cop checks, and started with mafia. They gave the innocent check on Kyriaki/Vivuto/Eevee.
My very own starting item was the game's Godfather?! They were right in thinking it was Godfather... not that it meant much with all the sanities.
The tea, if drunk, allowed someone to use their action twice in one phase. If they didn't have an action, they'd get a second vote.
Nice and cute. Your sister did a good job :)
That was by far my nastiest restriction :p
I think images was nastier. Dunno which is funnier.

WAIT IF IT PROTECTS FROM ACTIONS HOW DID SWORD CHECK HIM?
assuming soul used it every night, the battery would have died by swordie's check
Assuming no use, soul didn't give me any indication that that night was different.
The check would have gone ahead irregardless of the scenario.

Dead QT reading!
Froakie said:
tbh i'm really bad at reads!! I thought lovandra was town LOL (I'm assuming he isn't cos i died, i know u can't tell me) i was so sure that i was like... ok this is likemy #1 gut-feel-town-read, cry
Wow really?! It still worked out well, just like Poke Man's redirect on me.
Flopunny said:
I was actually going to make her a converter, then I realised pretty last minute that that would be Bastard, so I had to change it and vanilla was the best option balance-wise.
If you tell people a Converter exists it is fine. 5 mafia wouldn't be fine balance wise with all the indeps around. Although in this game it could be town randing it and converting a mafia, this just can't work.
Aussie said:
I mean, Jaina has brushed the dark side but she's never fallen to the darkside...
Jaina Proudmoore?!
TheCapsFan said:
"why are we all blindly following Zexy"

It's in his playstyle. Zexy tries to become a town leader in almost any game. Same with Human. They're both just really good at the game, and have that commanding presence, ya know? Aside from that, he's a very friendly and well-known player; that alone could draw people to trust him.
because I was the information bridge lol
but really, I like gathering info a lot as scum, this was the whole point of my Izaya theme. I also hoped I would get some information-ish role by picking him, thinking that we would get our own characters instead of them being randed to other people

well thanks for the compliment. indeed I tried to use that to my advantage and it worked out fine for a while.
Aussie said:
Hahaha... I had theorized that Zexy was using his friendly-ness to his advantage xD people trusted him far too easily and look what happened!
This quote is SO ironic considering he subbed in for scum and won the game xD
Aussie said:
Caps: A few games ago, Zexy informed me of the term called "Bussing"... which may have been what was happening here. Lov may have been trying to push Zexy to make herself look more town... and ended up dying first.

Either that or knew she was going to die and bussed Zexy in order to make Zexy look more town.
It's only called bussing if you vote the buddy and they get lynched. anything else is a bussing attempt, or just called "distancing". it still works fine though.
Flop said:
Hey, if any of you want to play, the spot's yours.
My two subs haven't replied, and I really don't want to modkill kyriaki's spot
GUESS. WHY. This should've raised a red flag in deadchat honestly.
Aussie said:
I wish I could be that good at the game, lol...
Also very ironic xD
Soulmaster said:
so the Mafia is going to be Kyriaki/Vivuto/AussieEevee, the one person no body is expecting
:O
Well, I was certainly expecting it :D

And in the dead vote in the end, not a single townie voted Aussie...

Last edited:
That last slot changed hands so many times I was afraid Rabbit would figure it out due to the erraticness of his results.

For the record, I might have, if I hadn't only been getting Flop's posts towards the end. That was on purpose, wasn't it? -~-

Also, I'll note that Eevee might have been lynched if Sword had checked him. What happened the last night?

Vivuto's not posting would have been a good move, actually, if he was around to place kills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom