• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Chapter Waiting Time

Kyuuketsuki

◓Gypsy Vanner Horse
Reaction score
Hey guys. I was just curious to get your opinions on an issue.

How long do you take between posting chapters? I personally post them as soon as I finish them, but if I have ones ready and I had just posted a chapter less that 12 hours ago, I don't. I usually try to keep it at least once a day, but I it find really hard to hold the chapters back when they're already written...

What about you guys?

I usually wait a day or two, at least when I'm actually writing regularly.

And I make sure that there are at least 3 days between chapter updates.

Last edited:
I post them as soon as I've finished the chapter, or up to a certain part of a story: for Galactic and Krivs vs Gold, if I wait until I've finished the entire story, it's too long, so I write up to a certain section

I TRY to be weekly, but that doesn't always happen. But it gives me enough time to write and edit.

When I'm done with the next chapter, I wait a couple days for proofreading and then post it.

I normally re-read my chapter as I go a bunch of times. Then, when I finish, I give it one final read and then post that same day/night. My chapters are normally over 6,000 words though, so it takes a while. Sometimes 3 weeks or more.

I normally re-read my chapter as I go a bunch of times. Then, when I finish, I give it one final read and then post that same day/night. My chapters are normally over 6,000 words though, so it takes a while. Sometimes 3 weeks or more.

Same here! However, my current part of Galactic, which isn't complete, is:
- 24,821 words
- 143,834 characters including spaces
- 1925 lines
- 40 pages
And still not complete :'(
(PSS: This explaisn why my other stories aren't being updated ;))

With Bright World, I decided on a bi-monthly release. That way, I can work on my original work too, and if anything happens that stops me writing, it won't ruin my schedule as much. Although my laptop is broke atm so I can't write, I usually try and have Bright World chapters finished a week or so before release; I'll take a day after completion to edit, although I often write and edit at the same time..

For an example
August 15th - September 7th - Bright World Chapter 1 was written.
September 18th - BW chapter 1 was posted up.
September 18th - November 1st - Original work was written
November 1st - November 10th - BW chapter 2 was written.
November 11th - 17th - Original Work,
November 18th - BW Posted up.

Remember that the average BW chapter is around 3000 words, and my original work's chapters are around 4500.

Laptop has since died though...

Last edited:
I always set myself a schedule because I know if there is a date that I have to have a chapter out by, I will post a chapter on that day (with a couple of exceptions)

Out of the 100 chapters of Rival's Story, 6 chapters of Are We Heroes? and thus far 3 chapters of Dragon Days, I've missed deadlines twice.

If I'm ahead of schedule I still don't post ahead of schedule. I do it this way because I feel that if I keep up a consistent schedule then my readers will know about how long it'll be between chapters.

Same here! However, my current part of Galactic, which isn't complete, is:
- 24,821 words
- 143,834 characters including spaces
- 1925 lines
- 40 pages
And still not complete :'(
(PSS: This explaisn why my other stories aren't being updated ;))

Hey, that's no excuse XD

Here are statistics for Gen.2021:

- 97,868 words
- 540,989 characters, including spaces
- IDK how many lines, too lazy to count
- 191 pages
And still only 60% complete :'(

And I still managed to keep a pretty consistent schedule for the first 25 chapters. (At least on FanFiction.net. I posted all the chapters here first just because I had such a huge backlog.)

*edit* Crap, I noticed you meant "the part of Galactic that you're currently writing". If that's the case, that's huge.

Last edited:
Speargun when a chapter is done being beta'd (or when the beta reader just says to go and publish the chapter); Shall We Weep for Time whenever I finish a chapter. I do write large chapters, though.

With Stainless Steel, I try to be weekly, like Ryuu. Although, obviously, that's not always possible. *coughgroundedcough*

Basically when ever I finish, I am too busy to keep to a regular schedule but before I started college, I got about 1 chapter a month and sometimes 2 or more per month in the summer.

If this seems slow, remember that I have 3 stories to work on. Technically, I beta read one (Cornova's Poké Wars series) but that is just as intensive as actually writing the whole chapter.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom