• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Character Discussion Thread

Well, if they're ninjas, they can use illusions and clones and the like. While the 3 of them are off doing ninja stuffs, they have a clone back at the gym doing stuff. Or am I watching too much Naruto?

I evolved the theory in my head for the Shadow Triad. I now think that they're related to the waiter trio, either their brothers or their fathers or something.

Well, if they're ninjas, they can use illusions and clones and the like. While the 3 of them are off doing ninja stuffs, they have a clone back at the gym doing stuff. Or am I watching too much Naruto?
Too much Naruto. I doubt they're based on Naruto ninjas.
I evolved the theory in my head for the Shadow Triad. I now think that they're related to the waiter trio, either their brothers or their fathers or something.
While I don't think there's any relation, I did find the thought funny that the Striaton triplets and Shadow Triad may have actually been sextuplets composed of three sets of twins, and their parents not wanting six children discarded the "extras"

Too much Naruto. I doubt they're based on Naruto ninjas.
Haha probably. 8D; Oh well...

While I don't think there's any relation, I did find the thought funny that the Striaton triplets and Shadow Triad may have actually been sextuplets composed of three sets of twins, and their parents not wanting six children discarded the "extras".

Ooh, that's kinda harsh. D: But if that were indeed the case, then that would explain why the Shadow Triad are so loyal to Ghetsis, if he found them after they were abandoned.

Striaton Brother's Memory Link

Confirmation they aren't the Shadow Triad, as well as why they stopped being gym leaders.

Too bad. Then again, maybe they are sextuplets as Fairy Red said and the Triad's keeping a secret. Hmmmm... Nah, that's just stretching it. It was just a fan rumor anyways but it was fun while it lasted. Now I hope Gen six explains the Ninjas like in the next region, there's a secret Ninja clan. Oh well.

As for Hilbert/Hilda not appearing, I can see why GF was reluctant want previous PCs appearing and TALKING when they didn't before since they were meant to be your avatar in the Pokemon world. Same problem happened to Red. Still, they could've tried and used the events of BW to determine the PC's personality.

The previous PC could have still made a cameo without a speaking role in a Memory Link, though I wonder why Game Freak refuses to give them lines even when they become NPC's...it's not as if Pokemon was an open-world game in the first place where we made our own characters. I understand not wanting to let them battle, but why no memory link?

Yeah, it's not as if what we do in-game decides what their personality is. Gamefreak could do almost anything with the silent protagonists, speaking roles or not.

I am glad the "striaton brothers are the shadow triad" fan theory is gone now. It was so nonsense.

Am I don't really care about Hilda/Hilbert being not in the game, only the fact they are mentioned is enough to me.

Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 | Post-Game Boss #6: Rival Fight #6 - YouTube

So Rival battle:
Unfezant|Serperior*|Bouffalant|Flygon|Simisear*|Eelektross|

Obviously Serperior and Simisear would change depending on your starter.

@smalllady;
Here's a real karma houdini....

And its kind of creepy our food is prepared by Watchog...though I've accepted that the tea they serve is made of Pansage leaves. And I thought people were joking when they said that Striaton City got infested by Stunfisk. I wonder what Stunfisk tails sell for....

Last edited:
Well, according to @bluesun's translations, I guess Vio gives you some item (books?) in Undella Town that enables you to decode the Abyssal Ruins text. In other words, it simply changes it from the ancient script to the game's respective language.

Also, he says that the item belonged to Ghetsis, who has been to the Abyssal Ruins.

Well, according to @bluesun's translations, I guess Vio gives you some item (books?) in Undella Town that enables you to decode the Abyssal Ruins text. In other words, it simply changes it from the ancient script to the game's respective language.

Also, he says that the item belonged to Ghetsis, who has been to the Abyssal Ruins.

So that's how he knew so much about the legends...

Yup. It's likely he knew about the original dragon. He was probably under the severe delusion that he could be the one to fulfill the Abyssal Ruins prophecy and become the king. Good thing he's finally thrown in the towel.

Here's his Battle Sprite, for those who haven't seen it.

http://images.*********/vp/src/1340746425609.gif

And others...

lzhJk.gif

What are you, Red?

2avLF.gif

I'm not sure what he's doing here...um...very odd.

4T5Wt.gif

Looks like a Sailor Moon-esque pose, almost.

5WAzQ.gif

A real hot Gym Leader, you guys into telephone pole Elesa and "I can't dress myself" Skyla don't have taste.

pKQ5X.gif

I actually saw a girl the other day with the pockets turned-inside out look Hilda has going on. It weirded me out. But it's kind of a hot look irl.

WdP98.gif

I don't think legs should bend like that...

vwAUs.gif

Surf's Up Bro (because get it he's a surfer dude)

xXFDa.gif

I ran out of things to say here

LxWyA.gif

I guess those are butterflies or moths near her hair?

iIfKI.gif

I really like the cape animation here.

ChEv9.gif

Steve's sprite in RSE was always unflattering and made him look like an elderly lesbian...THIS sprite, though, is full of swag.

HzIZN.gif

Wish he pulled out some cool karate moves here.

MOJnP.gif
1OAhd.gif

FUSION....HA! Do you actually battle these two together, or what?

jSmjO.gif

Sprites from Platinum and HGSS seems to be upgraded...Gardenia's foot didn't move in her Pt sprite iirc.

zFBVs.gif

"Whoa, this guy means business" *sends out Spinda/Kecleon/Castform*

1rD5N.gif

Love how the hair bounces.

Last edited:
Yup. It's likely he knew about the original dragon. He was probably under the severe delusion that he could be the one to fulfill the Abyssal Ruins prophecy and become the king. Good thing he's finally thrown in the towel.

Am I the only one who's reminded of Light Yagami from Death Note by Ghetsis in a way?

BTW, is the prophecy translated for people to see?

Am I the only one who's reminded of Light Yagami from Death Note by Ghetsis in a way?

It's been translated for quite some time, actually. There was a whole topic about it before the sequels were announced. The translation is in the first post.

And yes, Ghetsis is absolutely batshit insane now. He got hit pretty hard with Villian Decay.

It's been translated for quite some time, actually. There was a whole topic about it before the sequels were announced. The translation is in the first post.

And yes, Ghetsis is absolutely batshit insane now. He got hit pretty hard with Villian Decay.

Yes, but is it 100% accurate?

So do Japanese people know what a tan is? Because looking at Shizui really sorta makes me doubt that.

A lot of fanart I see seems to favour bad tan lines for some reason. I don't get Shizui's tan lines though....those parts of his skin are exposed yet they're so white.

Clearly a reference to the games's names *whistles*

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom