• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Character Discussion Thread

Re: Revealed Gym Leaders Thread: Nay or Yay?

I still got the feeling that maybe Cheren is the Starter town's gym leader! The Rival isn't from there so they could've moved from Nuvema town! When he got moved to Gl rank! And he could be the leader of Pokemon Academy along with Akumaro!

So why is the water type Gym Leader's upper body black but lower body white? Fail Tan? Mixed Race taken to a whole new level?
I'd say it's a fake tan.
LOL spray tan.
Why did I type "fake", I meant "fail". He's not orange, so it isn't fake xD.

I'd say it's probably because he's like most guys, who seem to take off their shirts whenever they can to show off their muscles, which is why he has a tan there but not on his legs.

Why did I type "fake", I meant "fail". He's not orange, so it isn't fake xD.

I'd say it's probably because he's like most guys, who seem to take off their shirts whenever they can to show off their muscles, which is why he has a tan there but not on his legs.
Considering how much darker the top half is compared to his legs, I'd say he actively tans. I've seen fanart of him where his tanned part seemed more realistic for a guy who probably just gets exposed to the sun a lot, but the contrast here is so big I just think he fails at tanning.

Oh, man, yeah, Shizui has to be Poke-Californian. Hahaha, he has a spray-on tan, that's perfect.
Anyway, Homika needs a PUNK ROCK-ish final team. So I suggest: Weezing, Scolipede, Drapion, Seviper, Nidoqueen, Toxicroak. Damn, Poison type has a lot of rad-looking 'mons.

Oh, man, yeah, Shizui has to be Poke-Californian. Hahaha, he has a spray-on tan, that's perfect.
Anyway, Homika needs a PUNK ROCK-ish final team. So I suggest: Weezing, Scolipede, Drapion, Seviper, Nidoqueen, Toxicroak. Damn, Poison type has a lot of rad-looking 'mons.

Put a Venusar in there.
Gym Leaders with starter Pokémon are awesome :)

Poke-Californian? More like Poke- Jersey Shore stereotype because SW Unova equates to real-life NJ. (although as a Jerseyian myself, I can say only a small number of visitors match that description)

Who her thinks Shizui may be a fisherman/ skin diver with that net of Poke balls in his Sugimori art?

Re: Black & White 2 Character Discussion Thread

So I wasn't the only one thinking that Black 2 (seems to be what the site's calling him) was an amalgamation of Hilbert and Brendan due to the shorts....

...which makes me wish this were true about his hair

Haha, I thought of that too, but for some reason Brendan is my favorite PC, and this new "boy" is something I hate.

Anyway, the woman that's going at the player's house is probably a new Professor, or Juniper's assistant.

I'm curious to see how the old NPCs are going to react when they see the new hero. And I would love a battle against the old PC, like Red.

I bet the players will be said to look similar to Hilbert/Hilda. Kind of like how Ethan/Lyra was said to look like Red from Giovanni and look like Brendan/May from Steven. Also that Hilbert/Hilda reminded Cynthia of Lucas/Dawn.

I wanna see what Grey/Rival's backstory or whatever about his sister about. Sounds like it will provide some kind of character for him, that's different. We've never had any sort of sibling characterization in Pokémon before.

I like the designs of all the characters, but they are getting a lot of hate. :3 I especially like the player characters and the rival. I love the female's design, and the only thing I don't like about the male is the wetsuit thing he is wearing underneath his clothes.

Do you think the third starter will be picked and battled against? That's the reason why I loved having two rivals. If only that one guy was shown to be a rival, who would take the other starter? (the opposite gender PC?)

Maybe you get one starter, your rival gets the one w/ an advantage over yours, & the PC from BW1 comes back (silent of course) w/ the fully-evolved form of the starter you have an advantage over.

Maybe you get one starter, your rival gets the one w/ an advantage over yours, & the PC from BW1 comes back (silent of course) w/ the fully-evolved form of the starter you have an advantage over.
But what about the basic and first evo of the third starter? The new Unova dex won't be complete without them.

But what about the basic and first evo of the third starter? The new Unova dex won't be complete without them.
There are many trainers out there that have used the lower forms of starters in games before. Wouldn't surprise me if they do that & save the final evolutionary form for the BW1 PC.

Re: Professor Akuroma

Anyone else think Goldilock will have a Metagross?

Edit: The Akuroma thread has been merged with this one, since he's also a character and doesn't need his own thread.

Last edited:

Poke-Californian? More like Poke- Jersey Shore stereotype because SW Unova equates to real-life NJ. (although as a Jerseyian myself, I can say only a small number of visitors match that description)

Who her thinks Shizui may be a fisherman/ skin diver with that net of Poke balls in his Sugimori art?

But his town isn't in NJ/West Unova. Anyway, he could be a Poke-Californian living in NY/Unova.

Being a water type fanatic, I have mixed feelings about the water gym leader. There isn't much I like about his looks, though I like that he carries his Pokemon in what looks like a fishing net. The poison gym leader, when I first saw her, I expected to be a dark type gym leader. I'm a little disappointed that she's Poison, but oh well. I'm excited to see if there are any more changes in gym leaders.

Water leader is Finnick Odair if his hair was blue. Don't deny it.
I really like their designs and I can't wait to face their teams! I wonder how they'll fit the story. After all, where did the other leaders go?

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom