• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Cheating for In-Store Events

Kessel

Go Leafs Go
Reaction score
My friends are ripping into because I have Pokemon transferred from PokeEdit (Black and Black 2). I don't like cheating but the closest Gamestop/EB Games near me is about a 4-6 hour drive away and there is no way anybody would drive me there. I got them all in the time frame they were available. I don't have a problem with this as it was kind of unfair since there was no way to get them for me but I just want to know what others think about it.

To me, I think it's alright. :) I can totally understand the poor people that can't get to events and such, because I'm one of them. I don't hack (since I'm too big of a chicken to do so) into my games to get them, but for the people that do, I'm glad they do so. :) Everybody plays their own game their own way, and if they enjoy it, who cares? ^u^

I think think this is fine too, I have access to stores, so just I cheat Japan exclusive events and stuff like that.

Unfortunately I have to do it too, but cheating in-store events is fine for me, you live 4-6 hours away.. I live 10 countries away XD. It's bad to do this kind of only-certain-places events, not everyone has access to 'em.. >_< What I consider bad is cheating perfect teams and then saying you bred and train 'em, so:3

I can't complain much -apparently Chile is in a sort of privilege position, having official Nintendo distributors; most US event Pokémon reach here, including Gamestop... though I'm almost sure just M13 Celebi was the first. But apparently these pokémon aren't distributed in every another country; once I read a Colombian user complaining about it despite having Nintendo official distributors too. That is kinda sad.

Well, we had no DW Gen IV starters, but still managed to get a bred Iron Fist chimchar... I DON'T CARE IF HIS FATHER IS LEGIT LALALALALAA :lol:

Personally I would rather turn to a cloning service (e.g. Pokecheck) than attempt creating Pokemon data from scratch. I'm also one of those people who doesn't get any local events anywhere near where I actually live, so unless it's a worldwide distribution I miss out. On a number of cool things (like Shaymin).

That being said I've only downloaded two event Pokemon to my G5 game, to unlock in-game events with, and released them afterwards. All things told a lot of event legendaries (Arceus, Darkrai, Deoxys) did have worldwide distributions during G5....

Considering transferred pokemon aren't allowed to be used in competitive play, I see no problem at all. Even less when you consider events can't be traded via GTS or WT.

To me, cheating is fine in general. But I especially condone anyone who uses it to obtain event pokemon (since not everyone can go to events, I hate the distribution process) or a 6IV ditto. Because the latter is very important to any breeder. But I do recommend Pokecheck above manual creation. It's just easier to transfer that way.

In the UK it feels like there are never any events and if there are, rarely announced. Last event was the Shiny Pal-Dia-Gira one in Game over a long period of time, but that's still a long way to go repeatedly for something I'm never going to use. THe furthest I took was a 1 hour drive for the sake of a Darkrai. Never again.

At least now we get Pokemon through the internet and also for stopping into a store. Back in Gen 1-3 we had to actually go to the event and participate, and or win the event to even get the mon. I signed up for a Pokemon Tournament hosted by a local Game Stop back in the day to celebrate the release of Pokemon Crystal. We had to have a full party of Level 50+ legit mons (they were to be checked before each competition) and your own Gameboy and batteries. Yes back in the day before the handhelds came with built in rechargables. Well everyone who entered got a Mew and the winner got a Celebi too. The Gamestop had a flier that had the wrong date posted on it when I signed up and since I didnt have E-mail at the time I didnt get informed of the date change. I showed up a day late (*^&*%&*^). I came back a couple days later and the Nintendo rep was there changing out the game in their display. She was the one that distributed the Mons for the people that signed up and she had the cart with the mons with her. I was able to get my Mew since she remembered seeing my name on the sign up sheet and she also knew about the date mix up. She also gave me the "Not for Retail" copy of Pokemon Crystal that was being used in the Demo display. !!SCORE!!

So now that I can sit at home and get me a Celebi by simply downloading an app or logging on to the Nintendo Network and filling out a survey and have a mon or other gift waiting for me is a much better method of distribution. I got lucky but in actuality I should have missed out on that one. Unfortunatly I didnt start playing Pokemon again until my son became old enough to read and understand the game and I missed out on the Gen 4 and 5 events.

Dom

I don't mind someone cheating to get an event pokemon if they really wanted it but was unable to obtain it for some reason, but a quick glance at the Offering forum will show you just how overboard people go with cheating. 6IV legendaries are a big enough tell they've been cheated into existence, but to also make them Shiny? Just how full of yourself can you get? Also, in regards to the Offering forum, if your going to cheat by offering hacked/cloned pokemon then why not just make whatever it is you want and not flood the market with trash?

As far as cloning goes, I hate it. It doesn't matter if your cloning a pokemon you worked hard to get or cloning a hack.

And about Gen 1-3. Yea, I remember the big Mew event that came to Dallas years ago. Had never seen so many Gameboys in 1 place. :)

I normally don't like cheating or creating a pokèmon but for events, that's perfectly fine because not everyone can get to them or they're busy at that certain date.

As far as cloning goes, I hate it. It doesn't matter if your cloning a pokemon you worked hard to get or cloning a hack.
I guess you wouldn't like me then because I have 6 shiny Japanese Mews on my X cart. XD

On-topic: I Pokegen or clone 6IV flawless Pokemon or shinies also, not just event Pokemon, because I don't have the time to shiny hunt or IV breed.

On-topic: I Pokegen or clone 6IV flawless Pokemon or shinies also, not just event Pokemon, because I don't have the time to shiny hunt or IV breed.

I've pokegen'd for the events for my Living Dex, though it doesn't bother me because I never actually use legendaries in general. Like you I cheat for 6IV pokemon, though I exclusively use those for fast-breeding competitive battlers. I'm sick of spending an entire day to get 1 5IV pokemon :L

Depends. If you ran a rng to determine stats and nature thats fine. If you informed anyone you traded it too of its location fine. If you only made one its fine.

If its flawless its just a hack.
If you cloned it dozens of times to trade for other stuff its a hax.

Basically the line is drawn at the point of making one fairly for yourself or making an uber to show off/ trade.

Depends. If you ran a rng to determine stats and nature thats fine. If you informed anyone you traded it too of its location fine. If you only made one its fine.

If its flawless its just a hack.
If you cloned it dozens of times to trade for other stuff its a hax.

Basically the line is drawn at the point of making one fairly for yourself or making an uber to show off/ trade.

What if you make a flawless pokemon solely for breeding purposes?

Why would you ever do that?

You can RNG ingame pre Gen 6 for flawless/shiny without having to even use poke edit. Plus Gen 6 is so easy to breed 5-6iv. There really is no excuse for needing to edit a flawless mon that could possibly be justified (at least with events it gives those in remote locations the events they missed). So imo a bred from hax is the proceeds of the crime so is still hax.

The topic was entirely based on how people felt about using poke edit to get events. My own opinion is that the line is white/grey and definatly crosses into black if you move beyond just a basic poor stats event pokemon.

You can RNG ingame pre Gen 6 for flawless/shiny without having to even use poke edit. Plus Gen 6 is so easy to breed 5-6iv. There really is no excuse for needing to edit a flawless mon that could possibly be justified (at least with events it gives those in remote locations the events they missed). So imo a bred from hax is the proceeds of the crime so is still hax.

The topic was entirely based on how people felt about using poke edit to get events. My own opinion is that the line is white/grey and definatly crosses into black if you move beyond just a basic poor stats event pokemon.

PokeGen is quicker, and not everyone wants to waste time hatching Eggs over and over again.

I hack in events, mainly because i never have the game at the time of events. the first game I got close to having at release, was white, and i got it that october. All the other ones i have (yellow, gold, Crystal, sapphire, leafgreen, platinum, soulsilver, and white 2)was gotten a few years after the game came out.

PokeGen is quicker, and not everyone wants to waste time hatching Eggs over and over again.
If you don't want to spend the time to breed 5 ivs, then you don't deserve 5 ivs. Spend the time, get the reward.

I do not however think that cheating for events you weren't able to get or not in your area is fine.

Last edited:
If you don't want to spend the time to breed 5 ivs, then you don't deserve 5 ivs. Spend the time, get the reward.

Ah yes, just because I don't have the time to IV breed, I magically don't deserve it. I'm sorry that I have real life things to deal with and can't stare at screen all day.

Besides, why should the process matter? As long as the Pokemon in question is legal there really shouldn't be any issues.

---

I personally haven't hacked any event Pokemon, but I would definitely do it if it was something I really wanted but it was either an annoying store-only event or a Wi-fi one that I missed. Speaking of which, I should probably get the shiny Creation trio..

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom