• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Christmas in Pokemon

well Christianity is popular in japan to my understanding so it's just like any other shows holiday Christmas special

*le sigh*

This topic is pointless because christmas (and other holidays) are not in the game, and therefore probably do not exist. Therefore, there's no use wondering.

They celebrate for Santa and his Delibird bringing his gifts to all the good boys and girls and pokemon around the world right?

How would characters in Pokemon celebrate Christmas?

I had that idea when I was posting in the Cynthia Club:
Just pick one of your favorite characters in Pokemon and describe how they would probably celebrate Christmas

---

Here's my theory how the Sinnoh Elite Four including, of course, Cynthia would most likely celebrate it:

A Christmas party at Cynthia's:

Bertha would do the cooking, Flint and Aaron would care for the candles and the Christmas tree respectively, Lucian would read out Christmas stories.
Garchomp would perhaps eat the whole turkey all by himself, Lucario would just sit there and listen, Gastrodon would entertain everbody with Stone Edge sculptures, Roserade would care for the Christmas decoration, Spiritomb would make it nice and dark with one of his Dark type attacks and last but not least, Milotic would sing Christmas carols.
And Her Majesty? Dressed up like a gorgeous angel, she would give the whole celebration a worthy, solemn touch.
What a great celebration! Who wouldn't want to join?

Re: How would characters in Pokemon celebrate Christmas?

Perhaps just as we saw Ash and friends do in, "Pikachu's Winter Vacation?"

Its surprising they never made another Christmas episode after the first season and those winter shorts.

Well, Christmas isn't a big holiday in Japan at all. It's not really all that surpising.

I wonder how many people in the Pokemon world know that Santa is real. Is he one of those things like legendary pokemon where people tend to know about them but don't really care?

I wonder how many people in the Pokemon world know that Santa is real. Is he one of those things like legendary pokemon where people tend to know about them but don't really care?
Santa's actually Phantom Z.

I'd imagine they celebrate it like how the Japanese would.

Nobody can read, can they?

The first post killed any sort of "fun" tone anyway.

And since when the hell does Arceus become the equivalent to God? It's a MYTH in Sinnoh that Arceus created POKEMON. STOP trying to draw Christian parallels and make "Jesus" and "God" figure in Pokemon. Especially when we're talking about the humans in Pokemon.

*le sigh*

This topic is pointless because christmas (and other holidays) are not in the game, and therefore probably do not exist. Therefore, there's no use wondering.
Completely missing the point of this forum are we?

A place for discussion of the world of Pokémon, and Pokémon's impact in our world. This is also a place to discuss anything that doesn't quite fit somewhere else in the Poké-forums.

You know, that first part of the description?

Nobody can read, can they?

We can read, the majority of us seem to think its not fun to make up a random holiday and call it Christmas. You know, why not just create a "Make up a Holiday for the Pokemon World" thread.

If there isn't any Christmas in Pokemon, they could be celevrating the end of the winter solstice, the shortest and darkest day of the year instead. Just how many nations of old have celebrated the winter solstice again? They do it to prepare for winter, which back then would be trouble for nations.

So in the period of time the world of Pokemon is in, they may celebrate it for everyone to get together and have fun as a symbolic act in their ancient time where everyone had to work together to survive winter.

If there isn't any Christmas in Pokemon, they could be celevrating the end of the winter solstice, the shortest and darkest day of the year instead. Just how many nations of old have celebrated the winter solstice again? They do it to prepare for winter, which back then would be trouble for nations.

So in the period of time the world of Pokemon is in, they may celebrate it for everyone to get together and have fun as a symbolic act in their ancient time where everyone had to work together to survive winter.

That's what I was doing in this one fanfiction...

I had made it a traditional holdiay celebrating the end of the winter slostice (didn't have a "-mas" name) started by tribes who first settled in the town. (Complete with shrines of Ice Pokemon as a place of worship on the outskirts of town) And I also sort of implied the holdiay wasn't even celebrated outside of Kanto...

But really, they're all celebrating that the creators have a yearly marketing technique. =D

Do you guys really want to know why the Pokémon world celebrates Christmas? Because Japan celebrates Christmas, thus, their media will have Christmas related stuff shown during Christmas. Thus maximizing profit and benefiting from Christmas shopping.

As for how Japan celebrates Christmas... It's kinda obvious that since Japan is a mostly-secular nation (indeed, they have a very different idea on religion entirely then how the US depects it). They'll celebrate the secular aspects of it (Santa Claus leaving presents underneath a tree.) rather then the aspects associated with Christianity's Christmas (Birth of Jesus Christ).

Are you people even aware that the most common religions in Japan are Shinto, Buddhism and Confusism? And while there is a chunk of the population that is Christain, they don't treat it in the same way Americans treat Christianity.

Honestly, everytime the subject of whiether The Pokémon World is Chirstian or not is brought up, I want to smash my head against a wall or something...

Last edited:
There is no christmas or mention of christmas in the games. Until it's actually brought up, you can't assume they celebrate it. Ergo, topic is stupid.
You also can't assume they don't, and considering 'Pokemon World Government' is stickied without anything being referred to as an actual government, you actually have completely missed the point.

For the last time, if it wasn't Christianity, there wouldn't be "Christmas" in the Pokemon world. I'm not being religious. Its just that you can't say they have Christmas and change what it was fundamentally based on. Deal with it. They have real life references in Pokemon, if they have Christmas, its because they have Christianity somewhere in the Pokemon World.

They don't even worship Arceus as a god in modern Sinnoh. Notice how they always refer to it as a creature of mythology?

Well, if Christianity exists, it's probably a different form of it. Not the weird version we have.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom