• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Clever Pokémon Nicknames

My female Gothorita's name is Marley

140px-Diamond_Pearl_Marley.png
200px-575Gothorita.png

Yes I know it's obvious, but I couldn't ignore the resemblence

Luxray(M) - Shock
Lucario(F) - Aura
Gardevoir(F) - Princess
Gallade(M) - Blade
Infernape(M) - Flare
Dusknoir(M) - Dusk

I nicknamed my Togepi "Scrambled" after it hatched, as I knew it would be doomed against the levels I had to battle at the time.

I have only nicknamed my Pokemon on rare occasions. I named my Piplup on Pearl Hydrabeak once and that's all I can really remember.

i named a torchic yoshitsune, and i had a friend who named a trap inch cheesecake (or something along the lines of)

A Mewtwo named Psyclone.

Psychic, clone, cyclone...I thought myself a genius when I made it up back in 1999. ( ̄  ̄)b

I have a hard time coming up with clever names, but I remember a few I really liked.

Porygon2 - Antialasn - comes from "antialasing". In computer graphics, anti aliasing improves the appearance of polygon edges, so they are not "jagged". Since Porygon2 is basically a much smoother version of Porygon, I thought the name fits it perfectly.

Kingdra - Hydrophobia (actually "Hydrofobia" in my games because of 10char limit) - Hydrophobia means "a fear of water". Kingdra is one of the most threathening Swift Swimers out there, so that name fits him well. :p

Milotic - Maelstorm - inspired by the third Pirates of the Caribbean movie. Maelstorm was a very powerful whirlpool that sucked every ship in - basically, a water tornado. I know Milotic isn't as vicious, but I could think of a better name for my male Milo. ^^

On SoulSilver, I once had a:
Wartortle named Gandalf
Ampharos named Lumos
Togekiss/Gengar combo named Avada Kedavra (respectively)
Forretress named Goron, as well as one named Needler (both are now on my white version)
Noctowl named Vision (after a marvel superhero)
Aerodactyl Named Swoop (the Dinobot)

And on White version, I have a:
Samurott named Daikenki
Golurk named Optimus
Krookodile named Slim Shady
Excadrill named Knuckles
Magnezone duo named Polaris Invictus
Reuniclus named Flubber
Zekrom named Thor
Zebstrika named Larxene
Porygon-Z nam r0oTK1t
Aggron named Om-Nom
Mienshao named SockMonkey
Carracosta named Galapagos
Volcarona named Ulgamoth

Last edited:
Noctowl named Vision (after a marvel superhero)
Aerodactyl Named Swoop (the Dinobot)
Golurk named Optimus
As a bit of a comic geek and a TF fan, I can honestly say that you are awesome. :unworthy:

Let's see:
Articuno--Icebird (after a Beast Wars Mutant toy)
Zapdos--Blitzwing (the Triple Changer)
Motres--Skyfire (from the Transformers G1 cartoon)
Dialga--Gallifrey (one of these things is not like the other /singing)
Palkia--VectorPrym (because VectorPrime won't fit)
Deoxys--Vok (after an alien race from Beast Wars Transformers)
Charizard--Hot Spot (the G1 Protectobot leader)
Mudkip--Backpack (from Transformers: Galaxy Force)
Treecko--Jackshot (from Galaxy Force again)
Zigzagoon--Heinrad (from a character from Transformers: Beast Wars Neo)
For(re)tress--Maximus (G1 Autobot Headmaster Commander)

See a pattern here? I am so not creative. :sweatlol:

Last edited:
I have only come up with three legitimately witty nicknames. Everything else was either sentimental, corny, or both. Like:

Tseura: Staraptor
Tottle: Totodile (Soul Silver, cause Totodile was tottling everywhere...lolz)
Sego: Scyther
Zippett: Rotom
Servo: Servine
Zappa: Zebstrika
Uno: Starly, Lillipup(later Stoutland) on account they were the first Pokemon I caught in the respective generations
Rojo: Red Gyarados from Lake Rage (original, obviously)
Slome: Carracosta
Sarge: Braviary

As for the actual witty nicknames...

Cobalion: Big Blue
Virizion: FlyinGreen
Terrakion: RoundBrown

I thought the name worked for Cobalion well, and transferred the theme across the rest of the trio.

On platinum cirrently my party is called:

Ponyta - Hot tamale
Turtwig - Woody
Floatzel - Torpedo
Staravia - Wing-man
Graveler - The Rock
Luxio - Electro

I was originally name them all after Spiderman Villains, then i remembered spiderman dopesnt have a villain who is grass/nature-y

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom