• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Clever Pokémon Nicknames

I have a few new nicknames.

Dratini= Spyro

I know, the video game character

To this day, I will prefer Crash Bandicoot over Barney with wings Spyro any day.

But back on topic, I got another clever nickname in mind.

C. Falcon the Braviary (He wants you to show your moves!)

Latios: Broseph (because he's like the Brother legendary)
Rattata: Top %age (Youngster Joey and his TOP PERCENTAGE Rattata!)
Muk: Pervert (because of how his name sounds when you spell it backwards)
Hypno: Abductor (because of his creepy Pokedex entry)
Lopunny: Watership (because of "Watership Down", the most disturbing movie about bunnies EVER)
Male Jellicent: Pringles (self-explanatory)
Pidove: Soarin'
Shelmet: Lancelot (Arthurian Legends)
Sandile: Vector (Like Vector the Crocodile from the Sonic series)
Female Seaking: Sea Queen
Horsea: Kelpie (A mythical water horse who drowns scottish children and eats them)
Basculin: Sup Fishes (sounds like Sup B*tches)
Mienshao: Shao-pow
Sawk: Not Throh (I bred it, because I thought Throh evolved into Sawk. Boy, was I wrong...)
Fearow: CRAAAAWW!!
Solrock: Mephiles (a villain from a Sonic game)
Jigglypuff: Male...?
Wigglytuff: Guildmastr (because of his role in PMD Explorers of Sky)
Heatran: Kilmanjaro (After the volcano "Kilimanjaro")
Yanmega: SERIOUSLY? (After I had spent so long trying to catch it with Ultra Balls, and it turns out I CAUGHT IT WITH A NORMAL POKEBALL)

Ah. I found a place where I could mention this & not be shunned by society or have to wear a scarlet letter lol. OK so.... this is what we just did - tell me whose is more awesome, mine or my son's?
My son (14) and I both caught Chingalings. He has this habit that he does - just specifically to get on my nerves - where he names his pokemon and then puts a huge number of spaces after the name. So like for instance, it will say, something like "your Barboach just grew to level 30." Or whatever. ARGH!!!! lol he did that one time & once he saw how badly it got on my nerves he kept it up like, forever!!! So anyway, to my point:

I am playing Pearl & he is playing Diamond. We both caught Chinglings around the same time. He said "guess what I named my Chingling?"
I said, well based upon the fact that youre smirking, I'm sure you probably named it pretty much exactly the same thing I did, only with a lot of really aggravating spaces at the end.
LOL & the teenager with the teenage boy for a mom (uh... me) said no. I doubt you named your Chingling this. And I responded by asking him if he really knew me at all. So then he realized, yeah ok maybe. I went to the PC and busted out my Chingling and showed him that mine is named Chingling with the male symbol after it.

Is there a name for that symbol? Probably is. You know, like the ampersand & the schwah is & all those. Pre-TBI I was a linguist so I should know this. (I was not cunning, so no need to ask.)

My favorite would actually be a Woobat that I nicknamed Psyche. For those of you who don't know the myth of Cupid/Eros and Psyche, it won't make sense but oh well. Plus Psyche kinda sounds like Psychic and Woobat is a Flying/Psychic pokemon. It would have been perfect if the Woobat had been female, but oh well. lol

Hm, these are all going off of my Pokemon Crystal names, and I'm not exactly the best namer so *shrug*

Cyndaquil/Quilava/Typhlosion: Ember or Cinder, or perhaps Flame
Togepi: Sunrise (Its pale yellow 'sun' head coming out of a 'horizon' shell?) or Arizona (because pretty)
Bellsprout: Bella (Bellsprout, Bella) or Leaf
Eevee: I dunno, Jake?
Tyrogue: Tyson (Tyrogue, Tyson), Rogue (Tyrogue, Rogue)

I named Arcanine "Augustus" after the Roman Emperor. Probably because it sounds fancy, and his namesake led Rome in its greatest time.

Some of my nicknames I've given throughout the years:

Blastoise: Blue/Beachball
Charizard: Red
Venusaur: Green
Sceptile: Scarlet
Blaziken: Blaze/Esperanza
Staraptor: Stella/Astro
Clefable: Fables/Cassandra
Mewtwo: Psycho/Mayhem
Garchomp: Tornado/Acaelle
Zangoose: Zolo/Rogue
Ninetales: Noel/Vanilla
Rayquaza: Razor
Kyogre: Khaos
Groudon: Galax
Heatran: Damien
Cresselia: Chrys
Mesprit: Melody
Palkia: Precious
Latias: Lilac
Rapidash: Phantasm
Luxray: Sparxia
Delcatty: Skittles
Lopunny: Fernandina
Lugia: Angel
Ho-oh: Demon
Miltank: Bluebell
Flygon: Sybil
Bellossom: Aezel
Pidgeot: Zephyr
Donphan: Roxxane
Lunatone: Safyre
Gallade: Blitz
Gardevoir: Rani
Tyranitar: Lexus/Mercedes
Kingler: Kai
Beedrill: Kryptonite
Jumpluff: Hollie
Togekiss: Trinity
Manectric: Elektra
Ampharos: Mirabelle
Camerupt: Obsidian
Honchkrow: Midnight
Magmortar: Meteor
Furret: Sugar/Spice
Rhyperior: Rochelle
Purugly: Amethyst
Houndoom: Hershey/Savage
Vaporeon: Bubbles/Violet
Flareon: Faith/Rose
Jolteon: Jules/Juniper
Glaceon: Anemone
Leafeon: Lily
Espeon: Sunshine/Saffron
Umbreon: Shadow/Iris
Skarmory: Metallix
Aerodactyl: Artemis
Infernape: Vulcan
Electivire: Xavier
Yanmega: Renegade
Salamence: Basilisk
Sharpedo: Knights

Flash forward to today's gen... I named my shiny Cottonee Arcelia, which means 'treasure chest' and 'altar of heaven or sky'. The name is fitting because she is my dream shiny.

I strangely named most of my Black team around alchoholic drinks LOL
1. Samurott - BlueHawaii, it's blue and a water type
2. Scrafty - Hayride, it sounds like joyride, something a punk would do
3. Bisharp - Sazerac, this is a stretch, but it sounds like weaponry
4. Galvantula - GoldnDream, it's yellow and can spin a web into something that looks very much like a dream-catcher
5. Haxorus - RedPoint, it has a red on the tip of its tusks

On White, I have had:
1. Hydreigon - Alasator, from Greek mythology and means avenger, and boy does he kill stuff
2. Zebstrika - Mjolnir, which is the name of Thor's hammer
3. Serperior - Yasmin, she's a female starter and the name relates to the jasmine plant
4. Carracosta - Halstein, a Norwegian name that means rock or stone
5. Darmanitan - Nachos, he's a fire type and I often think about yummy food

In my White 2 run, I'm using a Snorlax named Gluttony and a Skitty named Lust, both characters from Fullmetal Alchemist.

I chose Pokemon White for the sole reason that it had a black dragon. Therefore it's name shall forever be Toothless.

I nicknamed an Eevee Helix after the DNA double helix. Kinda lost its meaning once it evolved into an Espeon, but I like it anyway.

Every male Elgyem I catch is named Roswell. You can guess where that comes from. My Bisharp--who is an Adamant male with Defiant and a total killer--could only be named one thing and one thing alone: Casshern. The Dialga I caught on Diamond was promptly named Gallifrey for very obvious reasons. Then there's my shiny Electivire who is golden yellow with blue eyes; he was named Bumblebee, since he reminded me of Bumblebee from the 2007 movie.

Then there's Sherman, the female Minccino. She was named for an old friend's Chinchilla; my friend thought it was male and named it Herman. When we got a better look at said Chinchilla, we discovered it was actually female so he called it Charlotte. One of my other friends split the difference and called it Sherman. So the first time I saw Minccino, I knew I had to name a female after that goofy Chinchilla. (I really miss that critter...)

I like nicknames; I nickname Pokemon pretty much randomly. My Archeops is named Agua'a and my... Actually, I don't remember any others right now.

Zhyoltyy the Jolteon. It is Russian for yellow, and is pronounced like jolty. XD

Here go mine-
Lincoln the Reshiram(pfffffft,get it?cuz of truth and ideals,and I'm just gonna stop rambling now...)
Cmdr.Femur the Marowak
Sailormoon the Lumineon
Simba the Dewgong
Mario the Breloom
Mona Lisa the Smeargle
Robin Hood the Weavile
Tinkerbell the Clefable
Starthey the Starmie(LOL)
BEM the Beeheeyem
Yobro the Slowbro
Wall-E the Forretress
Lucifer the Houndoom
Anubis the Lucario
Stalker the Farfetch'd
AND FINALLY
Hentai? the Octilerry

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom