• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Colosseum or XD?

Which is better?

• Colosseum

Votes: 44 56.4%
  • XD

Votes: 34 43.6%

• Total voters
I voted for Colosseum because I never played XD. I want to play it though.

I enjoyed both, but I think XD is quite superior. Not only is it lengthier, better looking, and offers more Pokemon, but it has a much nicer difficulty progression, and it is easier to make a good team, as there's far better options available early on. It's also MUCH easier and less tedious to purify Pokemon. Colosseum does have a much more interesting protagonist, although the girl following you gets annoying really quick. Colosseum also has better battle themes that play more frequently, but that's minor.

I wouldn't. :< I think Michael's adorable, and I'm sad that he's so underrated like this. I prefer XD just for Mike alone. That, and Miror B. wears an open shirt/jacket. Excuse me while I swoon.

Adorable? Yes. Different from te other kid heroes? No.

Wes is a through and through anti-hero and thus vastly different than all of the protagonists before and even after him. He wins for being fresh change.

That and he is badass.

pokcol_021704_x9_640w.jpg

Really wish I could vote for both, but I have to go w/ Colosseum as it was amazing the first time I played it & brought in a new mature sense to the Pokemon games.

I don't mean to come off as "bitchy", but isn't it a little redundant and unfair to be comparing both games when you've only played one?

It had a very engaging story, and I wish Game Freak would make another one in the near future.

Game Freak didn't make these games, Genius Sonority did. GF is only responsible for the main handheld series games.

I really liked both games, but I think my favorite out of the two is Gale of Darkness. The Pokemon team that I have on XD has got to be my most favorite (Espeon, Houndoom, Walrien, Ursaring, Ampharos, and Breloom). I also liked the fact that you could save anywhere in the game, much like you can in the main handhelds... having to save only at the PC's in Colosseum was a pain, especially if you had to quit the game right away for whatever reason. Miror B's theme in XD sounds a little more entertaining, and I actually liked the Cipher Admins better in XD also. They seemed to have a little more personality added to them, and the same goes for Team Snagem (them teaming up with you against Cipher was kind of cool, I think so anyways).

There were also more places to visit in XD, therefore it expanded the storyline a little. Including the time I took to train my team in order to catch Dragonite from Miror B., I think I clocked in 60-70 hours of playtime. That's the longest that I've played any game that I've had.

XD was superior to Colosseum in pretty much every area. That being said, XD lost a lot of the edginess that made Colosseum so different and refreshing from typical Pokemon games. Colosseum also gets points for introducing the concept of Shadow Pokemon and a 3-D Pokemon game. XD only built upon the concept without changing it too much.

When it comes down to it, XD is technically superior, but Colosseum was a more original and edgier title. I enjoyed them both a lot.

Colosseum for introducing an anti-hero into the game series AND it was much more challenging than XD.

How is Wes an anti-hero, really? Sure, he might've been before the game started, but throughout the entire game itself, he really did nothing to classify him as such...
(I guess he was a bit of fresh air compared to some other protagonists, but I came to hate him too much for that to matter for me, I guess.)

Anyways, I vastly prefer XD:GoD. It had better music (Gateon Port, Club Krabby), less annoying characters (the Kids Grid was actually made cool!), some incredible exclusive areas (S.S. Libra, the Cipher Key Lair) and last, but definitely not least, the awesomeness that is Michael. <3

Colosseum felt like more of a put-together game, and had a unique story. I also liked the areas and challenges exclusive to Colosseum more. The one thing I like better in XD, is Lugia and purification chambers.

How is Wes an anti-hero, really? Sure, he might've been before the game started, but throughout the entire game itself, he really did nothing to classify him as such...
(I guess he was a bit of fresh air compared to some other protagonists, but I came to hate him too much for that to matter for me, I guess.)

Because he never felt the need to return the Pokemon he stole :p Sure he stole from other crooks mostly but there was the occasional normal trainer.

Colosseum. I think the plot made more sense in Colosseum, and Cipher is generally more memorable, with all admins being battled multiple times, and them all having pretty clear roles as to what they do (except for Dakim, still not sure about him), while in XD I still have no idea what exactly Snattle and Gorigan were supposed to do, and two of the admins are introduced last minute, also without them having a proper task in the syndicate.

I have no experience with Pokemon XD. I felt I had no reason to buy it. Ive played through Pokemon Colosseum though and enjoyed it although it was kind of a challenge for me, although thats probably a good thing. Though I ought to pick up Pokemon XD as well because I prefer Lugia to Ho-oh.

I have no experience with Pokemon XD. I felt I had no reason to buy it. Ive played through Pokemon Colosseum though and enjoyed it although it was kind of a challenge for me, although thats probably a good thing. Though I ought to pick up Pokemon XD as well because I prefer Lugia to Ho-oh.

Not to mention the fact that Lugia is much easier to catch in XD than Ho-oh is in Colosseum.

Colosseum. XD had more diversity in Pokémon you could catch, and purifying them was a hell of a lot easier. However, I didn't find the plot or the characters as memorable. Wes is my favorite PC of the series so far, and it was nice that Genius Sonority took a different route with the PC characters. (But then they sadly went back to the standard formula of using a prepubescent youngster as the one to take down a crime syndicate with Michael.) Also, Hoverbike-that-shouldn't-logically-be-able-to-move > Scooter.

I have not play both games in ages. But from what I can remember. I did like XD better then Colosseum. Just because there was more Pokemon to use from in XD. But I do think the story was better in Colosseum.

Saddly, I never got around to clearing Colosseum, so my vote goes to XD, even though I like Wes more than Michael. Loved every second of both titles though.

Colosseum, just enjoyed it more. Plus never really like Michael that much, whereas Wes and Rui were cooler (plus Rui reminded me of Misty, so it was great having her tag along).

XD, and I am basing that solely on the fact that it looks like the emoticon. =P

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom