• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Comic Movie Releases. Next movie: Kick-Ass - April 16, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrnMarvl14

Lying
Reaction score
I've COMPLETELY revamped this list. I'm now only including movies with release dates (so, if I'm missing one, let me know) or those that are definitely in production (again, if I'm missing one, post a link confirming it's in the works and I'll add it. I've also ditched the idea of listing them by comic company, and instead are listing them in the order they're set to be released, with the published listed next to them. I'm also trying to link the film names to their official sites (or something close).

2010 Films
Kick-Ass - Marvel/Icon - April 16, 2010
Iron Man 2 - Marvel - May 7, 2010
Jonah Hex - DC - August 6, 2010
Scott Pilgrim - Oni - 2010

2011 Films
Thor - Marvel - May 6, 2011
Green Lantern - DC - June 17, 2011
Transformers 3 - IDW - July 1, 2011
Captain America - Marvel - July 22, 2011
Adventures of Tintin - December 23, 2011

2012 Films
Avengers - Marvel - May 4, 2012
Spider-Man reboot (formerly 4) - Marvel - Summer 2012

Coming EVENTUALLY
Ant-Man - Marvel - (director and writer engaged)
Sin City 2 - Dark Horse - TBD (it's...somewhere in production)
Elfquest - Epic/Marvel - in the works
Red Sonja - Dynamite - in the works
Witchblade - Image/Top Cow - (who knows?)

Last edited:
A new Nick Fury movie will be awesome! The original was good.

And I heard that there will be a DareDevil 2, but Ben Affleck won't be in it (PARTY TIME!)!

As for Jinx, if that's the Halle Berry spinoff, then you all have a notice in advance of who won't be in watching it.

No, don't worry, it's not related to Halle Berry in any way (unless she, somehow, gets cast in it).

Jinx Info

X-Men 3 in May? Whee! I can't wait to see it.

Spider-Man 3: Meh...probably gonna wait for the DVD. 1 was good, 2 a bit average. Really I'll need to wait until the trailers come out. I might change my mind then.

FF 2 and Transformers: I'll most likely go to the theater for both. Definitely for FF 2. Transformers I'll need to see more info about, as lately most Transformers stuff has been crap. Hopefully the movie'll be awesome.

Now onto the movies without release dates. Seeing Wonder Woman would hinge on who they cast. It'll be very interesting to see which actress gets the part, if it's a good actress with strong acting ability I'll go see it right away. Flash I'm really excited about and can't wait to see. I have high hopes for Green Lantern, lots of potential for a very successful movie.

Terak Nor said:
And I heard that there will be a DareDevil 2, but Ben Affleck won't be in it (PARTY TIME!)!

I actually thought Ben Affleck wasn't too bad in DareDevil. It was actually one of his better Hollywood moments.

Spider-Man 3 better not be screwed up... I always felt as if Spider-Man was the "first" superhero flick to start the trend and make it popular. That or X-Men. I can't remember which came first.

Granted the OLDER Batman films were around long before, they never really smashed the way superhero films are smashing today (save Batman Begins). I acknowledge Batman Begins was a well-directed and well acted film, I just hated it.... I have my personal reasons for hating Batman.

I can't wait for X3 and Spiderman 3, they look awesome. Especially Spidey, since Venom gets introduced. =3 Black Spidey > Normal Spidey.

X3 looks good, even better now that Beast's gonna be in it. And I've got to admit, Kelsey Grammer is an awesome choice for Beast. =D

Another comic movie I'm looking forward to is V for Vendetta. Already out, I know, but I haven't seen it/downloaded it yet. >>;

I read on titanstower.com that DC is working on a live action Teen Titans movie .

You've got to be ****'n kidding me!

(^I meant that in a BAD way.^)

Spider-Man 3 better not be screwed up... I always felt as if Spider-Man was the "first" superhero flick to start the trend and make it popular. That or X-Men. I can't remember which came first.

Yeah, but the Spider-Mans (Spider-Men?) have both been good so far... I enjoyed them, and I'm not even all that into American comics (with the exception of Emily the Strange and some of the American Tokyopop titles)

Other than the first two Batman films, it was Blade that first made comic book movies a viable commodity.

You've got to be ****'n kidding me!

(^I meant that in a BAD way.^)
Yeah, cuz we're all going to kidnap you and take you to the theater where we will tape your eyelids open and force you to watch a movie which is based off of a comic that was one of the greateat of its time during its peak.

Well, the thing about a Teen Titans movie is that Teen Titans was mostly awesome because of the anime style... to do a live action version of that would be really, really weird. As in "not gonna work. At all."

Unless they can get Puffy to do a cameo. Not that that would save a bad movie, but hey, Puffy!

I read on titanstower.com that DC is working on a live action Teen Titans movie .

Been four months since this was posted. I can safely say, there will be NO live action Teen Titans movie in the foreseeable future. there are barely any DC movies at all. They're focusing on the big three (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman) and there's talk of a Flash movie.

HOWEVER, there WILL be a new Teen Titans animated movie, but it will be firmly based off of the comics (specifically the Judas Contract storyline), and NOT the cartoon.

For anyone not living within the United States, I've discovered a list of international release dates for the Transformers movie. Click here and find your country to see when Transformers is released near you. Kind of weird that the UK has to wait until July 27 while Finland and Hungary get it the same day as the US. And Japan has to wait until August. Further evidence that I'll never understand how the movie companies work.

Watchmen is now March 2009. For real. It's actually going to be made.

Hadn't heard that, but I updated the list with it. I need to get around to finding a few more reliable sites with comic movie info.

Check IGN. They've got a lot of comic-related stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom