• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Community Battle Videos

GV8G-WWWW-WWW8-UDCH
6R9W-WWWW-WWW8-UDEG
I decided to forgo the celebi I normally use in favor of Gengar. T'was an interesting experiment and my opponent was one of the tougher opponents I've faced.

Retrospective things: His lapras decided to go for a bolt/beam combo as opposed to the freeze dry set I chose. This basically meant that when my lapras went against his he was able to hit for SE damage while I was only able to reach neutral with freeze dry. Looking back Ancient Power would have been able to hit it for Super Effective but either way my Lapras would have been unable to survive to finish the job. Not having the assault vest really hurt it's bulk. I'll have to get a second one.

I actually feel that sticky web from my opponent was a bit of a waste given that the only Pokemon I have that would really be affected either don't lose much from the loss of speed or just abuse priority anyway.

I actually suspected he would lead the second round with Charizard but I figured scizor would be able to outspeed it with a u-turn. That went about as well as you would expect.

That Aegislash made great setup fodder for my Charizard. The special attack focus was interesting, I wonder if it had a weakness policy.

Edit: I just found out smogon actually banned Aegislash. Considering how easily I dealt with the one he had I don't see how they have so many issues with it. I'll have to look at their thread for some enlightenment/comedy.

Gengar did pretty well overall. I am concerned about it not having the bulk to take any abuse from something it can't outspeed, especially with both a Life Orb and the possibility of tyranitar still having a sandstorm up.

Last edited:
OU replay: Lasszao vs. Stuffy cud - Pokémon Showdown

Lost this one, but it's still a great match, and very close. Had I pulled the switch into Latias instead of going for the Brave Bird with 'Flame and saved 'Flame to take on Mew I would've won, but I choked and predicted the HP Ice. It's also great at showcasing the effectiveness of Stallbreaker Mew, who I was talking about the other day in the SQSA thread iirc.

Last edited:
OU replay: daly666 vs. Stuffy cud - Pokémon Showdown

And just when he thought MMaw and Manaphy were reliable wallbreakers. Spoilers, he ragequits Turn 97 when I've killed his MMaw, stalled his Manaphy out of Rain dances so my Starmie hardwalls it even at +6, his Lando-T and Latios are both to the point that a SR switch-in will kill them, and his Skarm and Chansey are hardcountered by Stallbreaker Talonflame.

Reasons why you don't forfeit. I had a single Pokemon left and this kid had 2. If he played right he won.

Don't Forfeit

Might do an RMT on this team. Used it for about 4 battles now and I'm starting to get the hang of it. Might wait until I break 1500 with it.

OU replay: looiiyut vs. wi-fi adapter - Pokémon Showdown

To say that I'm surprised that I managed to win this is not to say anything
I'm the Porygon2 guy
The opponent had a Mega Heracross, a stallbreaker Mew, a Knock Off Azumarill, and a Sylveon to heal them all
I did the only thing that could be done: I PP stalled Mew, Hera, and Sylveon

(warning: this lasts for almost 250 turns)

EDIT: Noooooo, the replay stops at turn 209
Dammit >_<

Last edited:
OU replay: verbatim vs. 0sum - Pokémon Showdown

played like shit in this but this is half because i am rusty and half because i am bad. no reason why i shouldn't have won. fun battle though; verbatim's reasonably well-known on smogon if memory serves me correctly. stone edge miss was unfortunate but i don't think +2 jolly CC kills bold rotom so it balances out. i haven't played competitively in like… a year and a half though so i did okay i guess o.o

also this is at the bottom of the ladder since i was just starting to play again

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom