• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Competitive Milotic - is it doable?

Gard81

Reaction score
By Competitive, I mean its ability, not its usefulness for higher tier battles, though in my opinion, Milotic still handles itself just fine. I just want to know, can Milotic put its newly aquired ability to good use or should I stick to good ol' Bold+Marvel Scale? And if so, what would you suggest I should invest its EV in? Hope I put this in the right forum.

In Doubles I can see Competitive being as good as marvel scale. Land-T, Mawile, Gyrado, mega Manet and hitmontop are all fairly common opponents etc would would effectively be giving you a nasty plot boost with a switch in and Sticky web sets it off too. Plus doubles does not revolve around status and entry hazards like singles which was part of the MS charm. Milotic also has Surf and Blizzard (special multihit move) to take advantage of the power up.

In Doubles I can see Competitive being as good as marvel scale. Land-T, Mawile, Gyrado, mega Manet and hitmontop are all fairly common opponents etc would would effectively be giving you a nasty plot boost with a switch in and Sticky web sets it off too. Plus doubles does not revolve around status and entry hazards like singles which was part of the MS charm. Milotic also has Surf and Blizzard (special multihit move) to take advantage of the power up.

You do raise a good point. What nature would you recommend? Should I max out its Sp. Atk?

Milotic@Assault Vest
Competitive
Modest
220 HP/252 Sp Atk/36 Sp Def
~Hydro Pump
~Ice Beam
~Hidden Power Grass
~Dragon Tail/Scald

This is a pretty good set

From what I've seen of the UU beta, Competitive is a really good ability to have there. There are few good spinners available, so Defog is the most prevalent method of hazard removal, making it really easy to snag that Sp Atk boost.

I think it could be done with a Modest/Competitive combo. Put the EV's into Sp. Attack and Sp. Defense and throw the extra six into HP.

I wud stick w/ the traditional tank set. Mono water typing too good of a defense. Plus crippling burn from scald and having Recover, ST4A11NG 4 D4YS!
Nontheless, much teams cant do anything about it unless they have grass or electric coverage, and even still, guaranteed to take 1 super effective move from non-glass cannons.
Milotic @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
Ability: Marvel Scale
252 Hp / 252 Def / 4 SpA
-Scald
-Recover
-Ice Beam
-Dragon Tail

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom