• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Confirmed DSi Enhanced Titles ~ What do you suppose will be there from DSi users?

Wait. I just noticed the correct translation for テレビ電話 is visual phone.

So one of the DSi enhancements will be the ability to videochat, with a maximum of four people at once.

Last edited:
Video chat is not a good idea. With that, you are asking for people to do inappropriate things while playing the DS. That happened when they allowed video chat on xbox live.

Of course, they will probably add a turn off chat option, and that will probably be used a lot, considering people turn voice chat off all the time when they play online.

Of course, they will probably add a turn off chat option, and that will probably be used a lot, considering people turn voice chat off all the time when they play online.
I don't see the problem; the feature will obviously be limited to local wireless and Friend Code-based Wi-Fi. I highly doubt that Random Match will even have the normal chat option.

Wait. I just noticed the correct translation for テレビ電話 is visual phone.

So one of the DSi enhancements will be the ability to videochat, with a maximum of four people at once.

Nope, "テレビ" literally means "television". Doesn't change the meaning, though.

Also: Nezumimi = nezumi (mouse/rat/rodent) + mimi (ear). Maybe it's related to Chiraamii?

But in connection with 電話 it means visual telephone. Use a dictionary of your convenience and see the terrible truth. Or search for テレビ電話 using Google Images, and you'll see hundreds of happy videochatting people.

I searched テレビ電話 and got the same, but I also typed in either pokemon black or DSi after it and got "DSi with videophone" but I don't know if that means anything.

i at least want to see what the enhancements will be, if they are really that great, i dont want to miss anything, especially downloadable content, but if its just some little camera thing, its not worth it, to me. i'll look arond ebay for a cheap jap DSi, but if the DSi enhanced features arent good enough i wont waste the money

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom