• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Shipping General Disscussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
im at a huge dislike at contestshipping but ill post a few pictures since im nice.
108.jpg

sunsetstare.jpg

secretadoration.jpg

the pictures are so cute! Did you notice that in the second one drew stares at may while she's in a sad mood? Go ahead drew! Be her prince in shining armor!

And now if both of them had at least one pokemon they both have or if MAy has Plusle and Drew has Minun:)

You know one odd thing that bugs me about their pokemon? Beautifly and Masquerain like each other.... I think it should be Beautifly and Roselia.... The classics...

But, on another note: I don't think that May and Drew will ever become boyfriend and girlfriend, even if they show up in the anime again. I think that they'll continue with blatant hints, but never get together. It's a little kids anime, although much of the fanbase is older.

Last edited:
But, on another note: I don't think that May and Drew will ever become boyfriend and girlfriend, even if they show up in the anime again. I think that they'll continue with blatant hints, but never get together. It's a little kids anime, although much of the fanbase is older.

I don't think anyone expects that. Even though May and Drew both look and act like they're in their low-teens (if May's age wasn't revealed, most people would picture her as around 14 or 15), they're really both kids.

I doubt Drew is much older than May, so they're both probably around 11 or 12. Does anyone realize how young that is? They're not going to show kids of that age as a couple. Its obvious however that they can continue supporting it with hints so we know that they'll eventually hook up when they get older.

It's Shippings people, we use our imagination, the creators just boost it up.

This is a one time thing i'll post. I'll leave u all alone after that. Its of my point on whats happening in Johto right now.
how can u travel with your rival? Like Dawn and Zoey, they can't posibly travel together, they'd push themselves too hard on training so they can beat the other. And if they did travel they can actually see how good the other is. So yes that'd be unhealthy for them and their pokemon. Excatly what is hppening in Johto right now between May, and Drew one way or another they're gonna start hating each other.

They managed ok in Hoenn and Kanto.=P Unless you're talking specifically about if they're travelling with each other, which is probably unlikely(it would take all Drew's fun away if she was always there instead of him tracking her down XD)
On topic, i've loved contestshipping since before I became a member of the online community and discovered what shipping was.So cute.<3

Is anyone else concerned that now that 1 year has passed since the end of AG, that the writers may do to Contestshipping what they did to Pokeshipping?

I think the problem is that with another fresh start and re-launch of the anime, a lot of the older characters are going to be mostly forgotten or in some cases not recognizable to the kids growing up with D/P, and as a result makes me wonder if we'll get a follow-up on the events of AG.

One benefit Contestshipping has is that May and Drew will always be interacting with each other (even though its off screen and we don't get to see it), whereas Ash was completely seperated from Misty and never saw her aside from the few eps she appeared in.

But on the other hand, now that its been a full year since AG ended and May's story hasn't gotten a follow-up, will there be any incentive for the writers to do so now that Dawn and her Contest arc have kicked into gear full force?

Since there are some people who have followed the ship since the very start, what are your thoughts on this matter? With the lack of references and the lack of any reminder of May/Drew in the anime altogether, will this ship be followed up on whenever that may appear?

I could ask why on earth May and Drew need to travel together to like each other, or why their rivalry would cause them to end up hating each other when so far their rivalry has caused their relationship to improve over the last four years from its original hostile beginnings. But I think a more amusing question is why an Advanceshipper is advocating travelling together as a hallmark of romance when May chose to stop travelling with Ash. ;)

Re. above post, what are we supposed to be worried about? CS's status can't change if May and Drew never appear again. The only way for it to stop being canon is if they come back and 'break up' somehow.

Re. above post, what are we supposed to be worried about? CS's status can't change if May and Drew never appear again. The only way for it to stop being canon is if they come back and 'break up' somehow.

What about if May shows up at some point, but Drew isn't even mentioned or shown? Considering May will probably only get one or two episodes out of the next 200, how would you react to that?

Obviously in-show the status of the ship can't change if nothing is said, but it might indicate that with another fresh start of the anime there's no reason to bring up an old plotline again, especially since we don't even truly know if Drew/Harley will ever be seen again.

Its why I brought up Pokeshipping, there was nothing of interest in her AG appearances toward Ash but since she's a former main character and Ash is a main one the audience at least gets to see them interact again.

Whereas with May, she doesn't have the nostalgia going for her that Misty does and Drew is a rival character which we have no guarentee if we'll ever see him again. Its been 1 full year now since D/P started and since May obviously isn't getting any specials at this point, it makes you wonder if there is an incentive for the writers to remind or reaffirm a ship from two older characters to the current D/P generation of fans.

What about if May shows up at some point, but Drew isn't even mentioned or shown? Considering May will probably only get one or two episodes out of the next 200, how would you react to that?
What about it? It wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference.

It would mean that the ship hasn't been followed up upon in that timeframe, (assuming its not until 100 or something episodes later), effectively doing the same thing to this ship that happened to Pokeshipping.

I wouldn't like that to happen here. It would be nice to see a past mistake avoided with the ships they've done since then.

Last edited:
It would mean that the ship hasn't been followed up upon in that timeframe
Big whoop?

effectively doing the same thing to this ship that happened to Pokeshipping.
...Nooooooo, because Pokeshipping is considered dead because Ash and Misty were separated at the end of Johto.

Is this a scare-mongering tactic or something? I don't get it.

Well its something I'll think about then. Its just something I thought of in retrospect of the two Bulbasaur at Oaks lab, and how we never got a follow up of that during the end of Battle Frontier. The writers didn't bother giving us a follow up on what happened there, and we don't even know if May's Bulbasaur is still even at Pallet Town or not, it was totally ignored.

Considering ships seem to be forgotten after whatever saga they're in has ended, it is something I will keep in mind whenever we see the characters again. Its just something to put into perspective since Contestshipping has moved into the same position as Pokeshipping was during AG as a "last-gen" ship, and I just want to know if it'll be continued upon.

I will keep that in mind and be interested to see what happens next time. Continuity in the D/P series has been pretty good (with the exception of no May mentions whatsoever) so I'd like to see if it won't be an ignored plotline like so many others in the anime.

It figures that if both characters leave the show at the end of whatever saga, the ship is probably not going to be followed up on in subsequent sagas. It's not an ignored/forgotten plotline because, by and large, it's already been resolved. We can assume a happy ending based on what we've already seen; there is no need to revisit it.

maybe the directors wanted us to keep guessing as to how the May/Drew thing will end. By the way, can i join this forum? I totally support contestshipping!

Nice, bad thing i can't make good fics... But anyone have anymore CS fics? I've been bored latey

Does anyone find this pic suggestive, and no, not because of the rose?

11.jpg

I mean, just think about what the animators are getting away with here!

Yeah, this is the part where you use your imagination to see what I'm getting at. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom