• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contestshipping Discussion Thread

Er, greetings, fellow Contestshipper here.
Pleaseeee read this
I wish May join Ash again. Then Drew will come back & Ash have chance of beating him anyway

Well, Drew is with May, but I understand where you're going with this- we have never seen May's adventures in Johto, except for a Cameo during May's trip to Sinnoh, so our only choice of on-screen Contestshipping is through another journey with Ash, however it is very unlikely that shall happen again. Specials would be sweet, if only they had them at the end of AG, as the Hoenn Co-Ordinators were quite an interesting group with good fibre. As long as the specials would be handled well, but it's probably too late for a special with AG characters now.

However if May join again then Writer/Director should a idol who happen to be Drew's childhood friend. Let's believe her name is Utau
In term of Beauty ,Skill & personality she happen to be superior to May & has a tight bond with Drew which annoy's May
She act like May's love rival but unlike other normal love rival she doesn't get jealous of May and whenever She saw May getting close to Drew, She smiles like she's happy about that
And in sudden episode she appear out of nowhere & take May with to eat ramen. After that she & May say on a lakeside where Utau reveal that she doesn't have any feeling for Drew. She just cling into him in order to see May's reaction
Meanwhile Drew was preparing for his contest until he run into Ash & he suddenly challenge him to a battle
At the moment Utau tell May that when she & Drew were little , Drew had a huge crush on her but utau rejected him which make him heartbroken
Utau say's that Drew is like a little brother to him so she does care about him so she wanted a girl that can take her place in drew's heart & that person happen to be May
It cause May to blush & she asked that how utau so sure about that ?
Utau say's ''I saw it on Drew's eye .The way he used to look at me back then but now he doesn't look at me that way anymore. He look that way at you & only you, May. So I'm handing my little brother to you''
As May was surprise , they heard a comotion. When they get closed, They saw Drew & Ash battling
Althrough Drew faught well, he wasn't any match for Ash. After Drew lose & recall his pokemon, May apporch her & say ''U faught well''
Drew say ''But I lost anyway''. May blushes & Say '' But your battle was great. you were so Awesome back there''
It cause Drew to blush as they look at each other. Ash breack the mood by saying "U two alright , both of your face are red''
Utau say's ''You are really Deft are u " which confuse Ash
Then he Ask What Utau & May doing . After he heard that they were eating raman he act surprise & say ''Really wow''
It cause Utau to ask '' why, Do u have any problem about this''
Ash say '' No No, I like ramen, I can eat a raman faster then anyone you know
Utau says '' Are u challenging me little boy''
Ash says '' Man oh man , Your feisty are u. okey then if u think it's challenge I accept it''
then both of them run into raman shop leaving May & Drew alone''
May & Drew talk about the influance Ash & utau has in their life until team rocket try to steal their pokemon with their mecha
But Ash & Utau show up right at time & destroyed the mecha . Then May & Drew fight a tag battle against team rocket showing how they work together
Then Utau leave after telling Ash that they gonna finish their match next time they meet hinting a friend ship with Ash
Now please read this & tell me how u like if all this actually happen in anime

It's... a fascinating story, but I'd still like the other hoenn co-ordinators to be there.

Re: Contestshipping Discussion .Thread

Wow! This thread is slow. Anyways, that was an awsome idea kishore. I actually dreamt something kind of, sorta, not that similar to this. This is how it went: PLEASE DO READ!!!
May continued traveling with ash in sinnoh instead of going to jhoto. May gets a new rival named drake who likes her but tries to keep it a secret. He is an awsome trainer is greatly known in sinnoh just like drew was in hoenn. May starts to like drake after getting to know him better but she also tries to keep it a secret. A few days before the walace cup, may,ash,brock,max, and also drake try to train together but then team rocket comes. The gang manage to beat them. At the end may brags her skills to drake and he just laughs saying whatever. Max then makes a comment by saying "why does my sister have to fall in love with all her male rivals?" Mays face turn completely red while drake blushes a bit. May says that it's not true and then max mentions drew. May goes silent and says "i havent heard his name in a long time." and everyone turns and looks at her. Brock then pulls a letter and a rose out of his backpack and said this was from drew and how he forgot about it until now. May takes it and starts to read it aloud. The card says how drew will come to sinnoh and enter the wallace cup and how he hopes to see her there with her new battle style. May looks at the rose and whispers his name and then says "ill see you in the wallace cup then. Youll see how much stronger ive gotten." After seeing mays reaction to drews name, drake becomes jelous and starts to sorta sulk in the background. He then tells may that he will also enter the wallace cup and he cant wait to meet drew. May looks at him while he walks away and says how that would be great.
The next day, the gang is eating outside of a restaurant near the sea, when a masqerain approaches may. Then beatifly comes out and starts to play with it. May then realises that the pokemon must belong to drew and says it outloud. Drew (in the background) says "it took you long enough". May turns around and sees him and runs up to him. They all says hi and may starts to ask him questions about jhoto and so on. May blushes a couple times.
The wallace cup finally comes and drew meets drake. Drew realizes right away that drake likes may. He teases drake about it when may wasnt around, but drake then says how drew also likes her. Drew just says whatever and walks away. May, drew, and drake pass the prelimany rounds. Drew will face drake next. Drake loses and then drew battles may. It was a close battle, but drew won in the end. Drew wins the whole competition and may congradulates him.
That night there was going to be the wallace cup dance. Drew asks may if she would dance with him. May, blushing, accepts. They then start to slow dance. Drake is all jelous, but then brock comes to talk him. He tells drake how drew has always been there for may and how much their rivalry has changed over time. He tells him how may at some point may started to like drew, but was too shy to admit it. Brock also says that may had feelings for drake, but when she heard and saw drew, her old feelings came back. Drake takes it all in and realizes how much drew means to may. He then looks at may who is still slow dancing with drew and looking dreamly into his eyes.
Drew promised may that he will be joinig the sinnoh contests after the johto grand festival. May says she will be waiting and drake says the same. Drew then leaves in a boat going back to johto.

I know long post, but i really wished this happened. Too bad is too late for AG characters to come back like Likeitornot said. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME READING THIS!!!!

^ That's nice! I hope the same thing. Seeing Drew again with May in a contest.

Oh yeah, I've made a fanart! *it's a big one, sorry for I didn't adjust the sizeXD)
contestshippingart.jpg

Awww! That's such a cute fan art.
I just finished watching one of the Kanto GF in Spanish, where May tells Drew that she knows he cried in his first contest.
In the English version, after Drew says "dont play tricks on me." or something like that, May says "dont be silly. It just didn't sound like something you would do. Thats it."
BUT, in the Spanish version May says something like this:
"No seas tonto. Solo que no sonaba como el Drew que yo admiro. Eso es todo."
Which translates to:
"Dont be silly. It's just that it didn't sound like the Drew I admire. That's it."

I don't know if this should be considered a hint or not. What do you guys think?

@Ash♥●•٠· Cute fanart, thanks for sharing your art!

@watericedragon I know some people hate "dub added hints" but I find it interesting to know how some pairings are portraited in other countries - personally I like to follow the canon dialogues but it's also funny to see how other voice actors and translators see and adapt the characters. Do you remember any other different dialogue used in the Spanish version? That line you quote is quite cute xD

I could try to find some more. When I do I'll post it.
Also, I myself don't like dub added hints, but they are amuzing :-D

Oh gawd, this is so pretty~ I know thread is a little bit dead but I had to share it with you guys ;A;
RBFdJ.jpg
水下 ("Underwater")
By No.70@懶懶懶懶懶
Pixiv id: 820448
[Blog/Website here]

Oh gawd, this is so pretty~ I know thread is a little bit dead but I had to share it with you guys ;A;
RBFdJ.jpg
水下 ("Underwater")
By No.70@懶懶懶懶懶
Pixiv id: 820448
[Blog/Website here]
Sato-chan, that is so beautiful .^_^. I have to watch some contestshipping episodes again.
This thread is a little dead, but there has to be a way to aliven it!
Maybe we need a topic?

That is an amazing picture!

Man do these two need to be on the show again!

Oh, oh, I like Drew and May together! They totally developed crushes on each other, I could see it easily and I thought it was so cute. They're one of the few Pokemon pairings I like, actually. The only others are BrockxHolly (I think that's her name. She's the girl who was Brock's partner in that tag battle tournament in Sinnoh. They're practically canon AND cute), BarryxDawn (Twinleafshipping, I believe?), and JamesxKate (Kate is from one of the Pokemon Chronicles episodes. She and James totally had something going there at the end of the episode and it was SO CUTE. I call it Angelshipping since the episode is called We're No Angels).

Oh, and that water picture is indeed and amazing fanart!

why bother?? advanceshipping has a better chance, may showed better signs towards liking ash then she did with drew

why bother?? advanceshipping has a better chance, may showed better signs towards liking ash then she did with drew

To be honest I like the idea of May having a very subtle crush on Ash at the very beginning of AG, but then as she got more interested in Contests she became more attracted to Drew. Honestly the blushes toward the end of AG can't really be explained away. Its one of the reasons I lost interest in Ash ships in general, the guy will forever be oblivious to love.

Careful there...criticism of another ship is fine so long as it doesn't go out of hand. Remember, people make these threads so they can have a fun and safe place to gush over their favorite pairings

*is paranoid*

Seriously , Are you blind ???
I don't think you watch the BF Saga !
Sorry But don't get me wrong because I'm not criticizing you !
However ,May actually show much Better sign toward Drew then Ash !
What , Just because some luvdish swim between them or Ash was a little overprotective toward May in Sea Temple doesn't really mean anything !
Those Luvdish swiming between them has nothing to do with Ash or May's feeling .
Plus Ash would do the same thing he did in sea temple no matter which girl was there ? And Any girl would pray if their good friend get himself in near death Situation.
Plus May was so helpless unlike the other girl so Ash acted more protective toward her. Unlike her , other female cast member know how to look after them-self so Ash didn't have to save them all the time.
All the sign that May shown toward Ash could be easily define as respect & Admiration for Friend.
However Drew is a whole different thing.
You will understand if you watch the BF saga. In ''Spontaneous Combusken'' Brianna asked May about his feeling Drew. Anyway at the end , Drew Leave saying to May that ''only 2 more Ribbon left for her'''. As He left , May face was sooooo Red & Their wasn't any other reason for her to blush like that !
In ''The Unbeatable Lightness of Seeing '' Those two were talking along
And Trust me , May was completely talking like a girl in realize she's in love. Most Shoujo Anime Heroin Talk to the hero that way after she realize that she is in love with him !
Listen , A romantic sign does lie's on when 2 character look together.
It lies the way 2 people treat one another. Contestshipping has lot more Advantage on that !

Seriously , Are you blind ???
I don't think you watch the BF Saga !
Sorry But don't get me wrong because I'm not criticizing you !
However ,May actually show much Better sign toward Drew then Ash !
What , Just because some luvdish swim between them or Ash was a little overprotective toward May in Sea Temple doesn't really mean anything !
Those Luvdish swiming between them has nothing to do with Ash or May's feeling .
Plus Ash would do the same thing he did in sea temple no matter which girl was there ? And Any girl would pray if their good friend get himself in near death Situation.
Plus May was so helpless unlike the other girl so Ash acted more protective toward her. Unlike her , other female cast member know how to look after them-self so Ash didn't have to save them all the time.
All the sign that May shown toward Ash could be easily define as respect & Admiration for Friend.
However Drew is a whole different thing.
You will understand if you watch the BF saga. In ''Spontaneous Combusken'' Brianna asked May about his feeling Drew. Anyway at the end , Drew Leave saying to May that ''only 2 more Ribbon left for her'''. As He left , May face was sooooo Red & Their wasn't any other reason for her to blush like that !
In ''The Unbeatable Lightness of Seeing '' Those two were talking along
And Trust me , May was completely talking like a girl in realize she's in love. Most Shoujo Anime Heroin Talk to the hero that way after she realize that she is in love with him !
Listen , A romantic sign does lie's on when 2 character look together.
It lies the way 2 people treat one another. Contestshipping has lot more Advantage on that !

But how do you get the idea that may liked drew more? she suit's ash more, and obviously you would talk down the luvdisk scene or the rest of the 9th movie, because that movie is a contestshipping fans worst nightmare.

To be honest I like the idea of May having a very subtle crush on Ash at the very beginning of AG, but then as she got more interested in Contests she became more attracted to Drew. Honestly the blushes toward the end of AG can't really be explained away. Its one of the reasons I lost interest in Ash ships in general, the guy will forever be oblivious to love.

I never said she didn't so show, i have watched the entire advance gen plus every movie from it, and to me may just showed preference towards ash, he was always there to cheer her up, while drew jerked her around and he only became tolerable to her in the final season.

Anyways i'm not trying to get into any wars here, it's just my opinion :)

Eyecandy fanart makes everybody forget bad moments, right? /changing the subject to something merrier xD

coordination_by_kagariasuha-d4oboer.png
by KagariAsuha [tumblr | deviantart]

CNPvS.jpg
by 西条まこと

1BFZW.png
by はぎの あき

It's kinda hard to afford these when you don't live in Japan (orz) but few artists are planning to publish a Contestshipping Anthology next semester! (info here)

CS fandom is so quiet in forums but I love how people keep creating so many amazing fanart/fanfiction/doujinshi/AMVs~ :V

Oh my gosh, I love this one the most. <3 Even though I don't acknowledge similarities in Pokémon as ship hints, still, seeing fanart where those similarities are used makes me happy. :]

I tried clicking on some of the stuff on that site but it's not showing anything. :C

Ahh... Contestshipping! My first ever OTP!! I'm glad that people still have some Contestshipping spirits in them :)

Those were some really cute fan arts Sato-chan! :3

Eyecandy fanart makes everybody forget bad moments, right? /changing the subject to something merrier xD

coordination_by_kagariasuha-d4oboer.png
by KagariAsuha [tumblr | deviantart]

CNPvS.jpg
by 西条まこと

1BFZW.png
by はぎの あき

It's kinda hard to afford these when you don't live in Japan (orz) but few artists are planning to publish a Contestshipping Anthology next semester! (info here)

CS fandom is so quiet in forums but I love how people keep creating so many amazing fanart/fanfiction/doujinshi/AMVs~ :V

aw..so cute! Awesome fanarts. I used to go in that site but haven't realized that those fanarts came from there:)

Please note: The thread is from 7 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom