• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Discussion Thread (Current Issue: October 2010)

Re: CoroCoro Discussion Thread (Current Issue: August 2010)

well Ryuu, looks like the Green move that the Green Pokemon was using wasn't Trick Room. It's Magic Room

Shit, just noticed that there are 9 points highlighted on the map part we can clearly see, 5 on the dark part, 7 green unvisited areas on the part we can clearly see, and perhaps more on the dark part. Meaning we have at least 21 whole areas that are of importance, and perhaps at least 2-3 more of southern isshu. Ah including the desert as well, we could bew getting another 2-3, brining it to somewhere at 26-27 dots.

Last edited:

Shit, just noticed that there are 9 points highlighted on the map part we can clearly see, 5 on the dark part, 7 green unvisited areas on the part we can clearly see, and perhaps more on the dark part. Meaning we have at least 21 whole areas that are of importance, and perhaps at least 2-3 more of southern isshu. Ah including the desert as well, we could bew getting another 2-3, brining it to somewhere at 26-27 dots.

That's alot of dots... now I'm gonna be seeing dots for a while now.:XD2: Some of those green dots are almost hard to make out, like they're blending in with the greenery.

A red white and blue eagle with a native American style headress?

We can call the region's real life basis now right?

Think about that N, and where the hell it sounds familiar.

Death Note?

A red white and blue eagle with a native American style headress?

We can call the region's real life basis now right?

No, it means nothing. Natu and Xatu had an Aztec style, and Johto wasn't based on anywhere in Mexico.

Besides, its name is Wargle. Wargle. If you're insistent on interpreting it as a reference to the US, I'm not sure it's an especially complimentary one >.>

Why is everyone calling them Wargle and Musharna already? I think we should use their real names until we know the official romanizations.

Why is everyone calling them Wargle and Musharna already? I think we should use their real names until we know the official romanizations.
I though those were their real names, at least Musharna.

Because maybe I don't want to be bothered by using katakana in English. It looks and sounds retarded, so isn't it better to just go by romanizations? Besides, Wargle is pretty obvious, and the Japanese aren't experts when it comes to "romanized English," or even "translated from kanji English" for that matter. I'm sticking to what makes sense to me until we get official English names. I'm really not going to start referring to them as "Uoguru" and "Mushaana." That's just... dumb, to me.

Besides, its name is Wargle. Wargle. If you're insistent on interpreting it as a reference to the US, I'm not sure it's an especially complimentary one >.>

Not necessarily a negative one either. I don't think they would alienate such a large chunk of their market. Considering all the money the US goverment spends on the military, and that we've been at war for almost a decade. It's not a completely untrue reference.

At least its not warturkey.
biggrin.gif

lolwut? Last I checked Musharan is the name that they came up with while translating th CoroCoro leaks. That's the same thing with Pokabu, Chiramii, ect. Even so, I think everybody on this forum has a right to call them whatever they want, whether it's Japanese or English, kanji, katakana, Spanglish, Moonspeak, Italian, the language of Pandora, ect.

Last edited:

I believe the "War" in Wargle's name is more a reference to the fact that its crest resembles a War Bonnet (The best of which are actually made from Eagle feathers, so it is a bit of a clever joke).

Last edited:

I believe the "War" in Wargle's name is more a reference to the fact that its crest resembles a War Bonnet (The best of which are actually made from Eagle feathers, so it is a bit of a clever joke).

Ooh, that's a good point. Didn't think of that...

On the other hand, perhaps Hatopo will evolve into Pidjihad, and we'll have an epic confrontation on our hands ^_^

You mean Warkey :D

Which in kana would be written as "Waaki" (Wacky, anyone?) XD

Anyways, am I the only one wondering if those artworks really come from Sugimori-san or by his paint-alike who drew the HGSS characters?

Ooh, that's a good point. Didn't think of that...

On the other hand, perhaps Hatopo will evolve into Pidjihad, and we'll have an epic confrontation on our hands ^_^

That would be awesome. :D

Now that I think about it, I wonder if Wargle's Free Fall move will work on Pokemon that can fly.

Anyways, am I the only one wondering if those artworks really come from Sugimori-san or by his paint-alike who drew the HGSS characters?
I'm not exactly wondering about it. I'm sure if there's someone out there who can draw exactly like him, he's on the staff and helping in any way he can. As long as they look good, I've got no reason to be curious.

Because maybe I don't want to be bothered by using katakana in English. It looks and sounds retarded, so isn't it better to just go by romanizations? Besides, Wargle is pretty obvious, and the Japanese aren't experts when it comes to "romanized English," or even "translated from kanji English" for that matter. I'm sticking to what makes sense to me until we get official English names. I'm really not going to start referring to them as "Uoguru" and "Mushaana." That's just... dumb, to me.

I usually do that too, unless it's obvious what the word they're going for is. For example, we didn't know that "Tsutaaja" was really supposed to be Romanized as Tsutarja until someone saw an official website redirect address. On the other hand, "Wooguru" (which uses a kana combination that's not in native Japanese words) is pretty clearly intended as Wargle.

Now, all that said, I'm not completely sold on "Musharna" yet - I think that spelling may have partly come about because people remembered Tsutarja. It's the most likely Romanization, but it's not for sure.

Speaking of Musharna, anyone know where the name is from? It sounds, at least from the way it's romanticized, vaguely Hindu.

Which in kana would be written as "Waaki" (Wacky, anyone?) XD

Wacky in katakana is written as ワッキー, not ウォーキー (Warkey).

I liked Cheren's design as well as the animation of Magic Room (a twisted wireframe envelops the battlefield, similar to Trick Room).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom