• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Discussion Thread (Current Issue: October 2010)

Re: CoroCoro Discussion Thread (Current Issue: September 2010)

Sturdy is now amazing. Vaporeon with Hydration...more useful than Water Absorb?

Rain Dance + Surf + Rest + Ice Beam

130 Base HP
110 Base Sp. Atk

Sorry for asking this, but how many more scans should be released? Like how many more pages left? Or have we got them all...

PokéBeach said:
You can receive gifts from fans in the audience after the show ends, which seems to be made up entirely of Mijumaru and Meguroko.

Who needs human audience when you can have Meguroko and Mijumaru P:.

Yeah, I know, they are actually humans.

No idea on how many scans will there be, but we'll take what we can get. Anyway, Vaporeon's access to Hydration will be too good for him/her, but losing Water immunity could be bad too, but not too bad.

Sand Power looks like it would be a great asset to some more Pokemon like Hippopotas, but I doubt Larvitar's line will get it, since pseudo-legendaries typically only have one ability to use. Sand Throw looks like it will ignore ground immunities, so I am guessing this ability will be great for Sandslash, whom likes to hit those pesky flyers like Skarmory.

All the info so far, from my site, translated by my friend Sabonea Masukippa

* Pokémon

This Pokémon is called Wakoishi (ワコイシ). No further details are known, although it is possible that this image is a fake. There has been no mention of this Pokemon in any of the previous reports so we're very skeptical. We'll let you know as soon as possible
* Vaporeon gets the Hydration ability if you get it from the Dream World
* The move detailed yesterday; WindStorm (ぼうふう) where the Pokémon's Accuracy changes with the weather is confirmed to be one of Swana's moves
* We now have confirmation that Wild Pokémon change depending on the seasons
* The ability Sturdy now prevents any form of one hit knock out, leaving just 1 Hit Point
* Victini appears at the bottom of the Liberty Garden Tower and will re-appear straight away if you knock it out.
* Victini's Dex Entry; It makes limitless energy inside its body. It releases this energy on any Pokemon who touches it.

* Game Details

In a correction to a previous update, your home town is is Konokota Town コノコタタウン
* Team Plasma is giving a speech in Karakusa Town when you find them. They try to steal Pokémon to liberate them.
* Global LinkYou can get customised backgrounds for your Pokédex and C Gear similar to the Pokémon Box
* You can also download new songs to use in the Pokemon Musical
* The above details are downloadable through the Global Link

* High Link

You can trade Items & Berries with friends over the High Link. This is done through leaving the items in the shelves as seen with Pokabu in the image
* The Derudama listed for High link recently access abilities through Deru Power in the High Link. An example of which doubles EXP in the game. You can trade these abilities with your friends. Anybody near you in the C Gear will also get some of these effects
* PokéShifter The PokéShifter is only available after you have beaten the main story.
* Pokémon Musical
Pokémon Musicals take place in a building called the Music Hall
* An item called the Goods Case stores the stuff to hold the costumes and props.
* You can receive gifts from the audience.

Who needs human audience when you can have Meguroko and Mijumaru P:.

Wotter and Coolcroc are well known patrons of the arts.
emot-eng101.gif

You know that one fake corocoro page? If I recall, a lot of the stuff we're getting now is the stuff they said on there (like the one month seasons).

For a fake, they sure tried to get information right.

Many Pokémon you meet through the Dream World will have different abilities than normal. It is unknown if Pokémon bred in Black & White can obtain these abilities.

Does it say anything else about other Eeveelutions? I guess we find out with the dream world beta?

Deru Power is a new term for the abilities you can win by partaking in High Link missions. For instance, some abilities allows you to double the amount of EXP. Points your Pokemon gain or halve the cost of items you can buy in the PokeMarts. With the EXP. Points ability, anyone nearby using C-Gear will get the effect too, meaning some abilities can be shared with nearby players! You can trade these abilities with other players as well.

Well, this is awesome, the missions in High Link seemed boring, now its worth it.

Through the Global Link you can download new covers for the C-Gear and PokeDex as well as new songs for the Pokemon Musical contests.

As fun as this sounds, like everything downloadable in Pokemon games, its probably already pre-programmed so all Global Link does is activate it.

# Miracle Shooter has been revealed to be the aspect of the games seen in a single image back in June. During wireless battles, you can earn points through turns. When you have enough points, you can then use an item. For example, Revive is 11 points, Ether, X Attack and so on are 12 points
# The Battle Subway, revealed last week has also been further detailed. In it, you have to face 7 trainers, similar to the Battle Tower. When you beat them all, you get Battle Points which you can exchange for prizes. It temporarily changes all Pokémon's level to Level 50. You battle one trainer per train carriage. It has both Single & Double battle modes as well as Multi-battles, just like the Battle Tower. No word on any Triple or Rotation battles here.

According to CoroCoro, Berries do not grow in Isshu. They can only be obtained through the Dream World

The fact that some Pokemon having different abilities in dreams could be interesting, because some of them could use a better ability(s), like Pachirisu and Magnetric, especially Pachirisu. Items requiring points sounds balanced, as using X-items very early can be potentially dangerous, especially coupled with recovery items.

If Berries cannot be grown in the region, I wonder if they will have imported berries where you can buy them, because not having access to even common berries would not be cool. So the ones that I can see that can be sold are Oran Berries, Sitrus Berries and single status-curing berries.

According to CoroCoro, Berries do not grow in Isshu. They can only be obtained through the Dream World
I was worried about that. Well, it makes sense considering Isshu is far away from the previous regions, and even then, two of those four couldn't hold berries.

I guess this means we won't be getting any new ones then? Oh well, the berries already seem to have saturated all the effects possible and still have redundant ones that do nothing.

I wonder if they have Apricorns or any replacements though. A berry planter would still be nice though, to grow them while outside the Dream World once we attain them from there.

Thank god, no berry growth. That basically ruined my life for several months in Ruby, and then another couple weeks in Diamond/Pearl. woooooo!
Also, I hope the new method of hatching just means that you get to be more hands-on with your egg, like gently warming it, polishing it, and playing music for it. That would be really cute. :kawaii:

There are four pages missing, and we only about the content of two of them (the ones dealing with the two Gym Leaders).

I can't see berries or the majority of old Pokémon only being obtainable via an Internet feature and the older games. I suspect that they will be available in whatever location that complements Isshu after the Elite Four.

Thank god, no berry growth. That basically ruined my life for several months in Ruby, and then another couple weeks in Diamond/Pearl. woooooo!
Also, I hope the new method of hatching just means that you get to be more hands-on with your egg, like gently warming it, polishing it, and playing music for it. That would be really cute. :kawaii:
Seems like you're still growing them in the Dream World.

YES. I would LOVE that. And getting to take care of your Pokemon too. :p

Looks like we're still missing the gym pages, so that's cool. No berries though, guess Musicals are pure fun based, and no strategy. Not going to say I like it. Wait hatching's going to change? Sweet, maybe finally custom eggs for each Pokemon.

The fact that there are no berries in Isshu is dissapointing. I like growing berries :|.

Oh well, seems like they are making sure that you play Dream World.

Back
Top Bottom