• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro scan reveals Generation V information: Starters, player characters, region r

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CoroCoro scan reveals Generation V information: Starters, player characters, regi

Let's just hope it doesn't somehow become Fire/Fighting. Again.

Re: CoroCoro scan reveals Generation V information: Starters, player characters, regi

And why isn't the Hoenn region in the section on the left page with Kanto, Johto and Sinnoh here?

Because it was only showing the regions of the most recent games, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Because it was only showing the regions of the most recent games, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver.
ahh.. so that's why! i already missed Red (and maybe Leaf, although she doesn't exist in the games..).

Let's just hope it doesn't somehow become Fire/Fighting. Again.

Agreed. I like blaziken and infernape, but 3 in a row is just too many.

Anyways, I'm a little dissappointed in the water starter, but the other two are awesome! (Fire pig FTW!!!!)

So I told my gf about the CoroCoro scans and this is how she described the Water-type, since I couldn't find one:

"It's like a fusion of a platypus, a penguin, and a panda. With some clown mixed in."

I find myself agreeing with her.

Also, I always start with the water types first (have done so for every generation thus far), so this'll be interesting to be the only person who sees the final form first. =P

I hope that grass Pokemon has some equally awesome evolutions because I haven't liked a starter Pokemon this much since Chikorita and Cyndaquil. I hope it's final evolutions rival the design of Blaziken and Sceptile because those are both the most well designed final starters in my opinion.

Grass Pokemon is very nice, the water type has potential, and I fear heavily for the fire type. Not only is it a pig, but it also looks like it is wearing a black diaper; the fire type starter is showing no promise and is gonna end up being like the grass starter from DPPt.

LOVE the female character, looks like I'm being a female again due to better design (Gold looks stupid in my opinion >__>).

Hope they have interesting Pokemon at the start of the game, gen V looks promising to me already. A day one purchase.

Thank god, I was hoping like with Jasmine, the sprite just made the male character look bad when his design was good.

Not crazy for any of the starters except the fire piggy, which makes this the third generation in a row I start with a fire type, though Gen IV was a close tie with Piplup even though I never actually used it for any play-through.

The grass has a Treecko feel to it, and I never liked Treecko.

I have no idea what the water type is trying to be.

Back to the characters, while the male character looks terrible in his over-world sprite and looks good in his art, the girl seems the opposite, though her artwork isn't that bad, its just the hair. Also the first character in awhile to not have eyes match her hair.

Hooray! Adorable starters! Although, the water one looks like a clown otter, quite odd but still nice. The grass starter looks cool and the fire starter looks like a fiery spoink with legs!

From Serebii:

The Grass Starter, Tsujaja, is the Grass Snake pokemon.
The Fire Starter, Pokabu, is the Fire Pig pokemon.
The Water Starter, Mijumaru, is the Sea Otter pokemon.
Zoroark has the ability Illusion, which allows it transform into different pokemon.
There are two new attacks, Trickery, and Claw Sharpen. Trickery allows the attack to be calculated by the opponents stats. Claw Sharpen raises both Attack and Accuracy.
When you send one of the movie 13 beasts to Black and White, a Level 25 Zoroark will appear. It will transform into different pokemon, but at some points you can capture it.

This info has not been confirmed to be true.

It's an otter...
Really? I was hoping it wasn't since I didn't like the Weasel-Otter Buoysel. I'll judge the Pokemon more based on evolutions.

The Zorua said:
Zoroark has the ability Illusion, which allows it transform into different pokemon.

Possibly the first ability that you have to manually activate? I've been hoping for one of these since, well Gen III when Pokemon Powers were split into PokéPower and Pokébodies.

Really? I was hoping it wasn't since I didn't like the Weasel-Otter Buoysel. I'll judge the Pokemon more based on evolutions.

Buizel is a weasel, not an otter.

Possibly the first ability that you have to manually activate? I've been hoping for one of these since, well Gen III when Pokemon Powers were split into PokéPower and Pokébodies.

Very likely. I also presume that the ability will be more advanced than Transform. For example, Zoroark may be able to change to any different pokemon on the opponent's team.

Very likely. I also presume that the ability will be more advanced than Transform. For example, Zoroark may be able to change to any different pokemon on the opponent's team.

If that's the case, it seems like major hax.

What if Illusion brings Zoroark out as a random Pokemon but it's still Zoroark? Like, to trick people in the meta-game into switching to a different Pokemon?

What if Illusion brings Zoroark out as a random Pokemon but it's still Zoroark? Like, to trick people in the meta-game into switching to a different Pokemon?
That seems kind of pointless.

Well, then Zoroark will probably become uber.
Hell, it'd be uber anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom