• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro scan reveals Generation V information: Starters, player characters, region r

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CoroCoro scan reveals Generation V information: Starters, player characters, regi

I'm thinking he just learns it earlier. I mean, Chikorita learns -Razor Leaf- at level 6. So it could be his first water move, that's not completely unreasonable. So he might learn it anywhere between level 6-18 (depending on when he evolves). Or it could be later, or that could not be Water Pulse xD (I can't see the picture, it's blocked here at work)

Re: CoroCoro scan reveals Generation V information: Starters, player characters, regi

Quite frankly, I'm more interested in what move Pokabu [sic] is using in the original scan. I mean, is that Ember, or Flamethrower, or what?

Even still, I don't think it will learn Water Pulse that early. Water Pulse has 60 damage, which would be to high for a Level 10 starter. I think it is a stronger Mijumaru in the screenshot, as in one of the screenshots, it shows the starters at Level 50.

Quite frankly, I'm more interested in what move Pokabu [sic] is using in the original scan. I mean, is that Ember, or Flamethrower, or what?

Looks to me like it's probably flamethrower, but maybe not! Or it could be something new!

..Lemme check when the other water starters learn a useful water move other then bubble, water gun, or bubblebeam.

Squirtle - Lv 25 (Water Pulse)
Totodile - Lv 36/41 (DPP/HGSS) (Aquatail)
Mudkip - Lv 33 (Whirlpool) / Lv 42 (Hydro Pump)
Piplup - Lv. 29 (Brine)

The early to mid 10s seems far too early to learn anything other then Bubble Beam, Water Gun, or Bubble.

Bubble Beam is more powerful than Water Pulse

Like I said earlier, this is probably a stronger Pokabu. Flamethrower would be way to strong for a low level pokemon.

Yeah these are most likely just higher level examples. Unless they decided to make everything more powerful this gen. That wouldn't be too surprising either, things do seem to get more powerful each gen. Now almost all Pokémon lines learn at least one move with 120 power at some point (maybe that's an exaggeration).

EDIT:
I realize it's not a starter, but Shellos learns Water Pulse at level 7. And it's available pretty early.

Over-stylized hair for the female character is over-stylized. Like her apparel and all but her hair, just no...

Liking the laidback look for the male character though.

Over-stylized hair for the female character is over-stylized. Like her apparel but her hair? Just no...

Liking the laidback look for the male character though.

Her hair reminds me of Smoochum's.

MAYBE SHE'S ACTUALLY A JYNX EVO

D8 But Smoochum has short hair, and Black-chan has hair that will go down to her feet if she lets it down!

Bulbapedia says corocoro hints the regions may not be based on japan....
Hong Kong, maybe?
Or Okinawa

Last edited:

Bulbapedia says corocoro hints the regions may not be based on japan....
Hong Kong, maybe?
Or Okinawa

there is some speculation the main city is based on New York.

there is some speculation the main city is based on New York.

That would be cool. While I think the region is actually part of another separate unnamed country and I don't argue that the city may be based off of New York, I doubt the actual countries are that far apart. They said you can take a boat or a plane. Would anyone nowadays really take a boat from Japan to New York?

it could be based off Shanghai, Hong Kong, or Macau. those are far enough to warrant a plane and i think close enough for a boat. if they're not close for a boat maybe Seoul since you can't get closer except for the pacific islands.

I'm new here, so I apologise if I make any mistakes :)

Starters:
I wasn't sure about the new starters when I saw them to be quiet honest, and my first thoughts on Pokabu we're roughly "A fire pig? really? it's just asking to eaten, it can even cook itself".
After a while though, they're growing on me, I like the look of Tsutaja, I think I'll probably choose a grass type starter for the first time, and I like Pokabu now a little as well, still have some inhibitions about the otter though, will have to see what all of their evolutions look like before I make any final decisions I think.

New player characters
I agree on what so many people have said, her hair is, so weird. But the rest of the character is very well done, and the male character is great, though I'm not that keen on the colour of his jumper/jacket.

A thought that hit me just now, you don't think the third gen V game is going to be called Pokemon Grey?.?

Which trainer is he over-world sprite from that orange guy in the full-character art scans? I don't think I've seen that trainer, but it's too blurry when I close up on that shot.

Would piss me off if it would be outside Japan.I dunno actually but I like japan too much :)

I don't like the water starter that much. The main player characters look older in this gen as well. The grass starter looks somewhat creepy too.

It's funny how this girl is supposed to be older than May but has a smaller chest.

But all joking aside, I simply adore these character designs. I could be happier with the starters (they all look rather strange, IMO), but I adore the character designs. I mean, sure, they look like Jaden Yuki and Amy Winehouse, respectively, but they still kick ass.

...in my opinion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom