• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Not for XY Anime Discussion)

Re: CoroCoro Discussion Thread

I AM REALLY SORRY BUT WHEN IS THE NEXT COROCORO BECAUSE I AM CURIOUS AND I HAVE A FEELING IT WILL COME OUT WHEN I AM GOING TO AFRICA FOR A WEEK AND IF SO PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHILE I AM AWAY OK.

Ok Thank You I will come back and see it when I get back 2 Days after because I am going to be SOOOOOOOO Pissed and Tired from a 18 Hour Trip from the Other Side Of the World Since I am From THE United States it will take BLOODY Forever to get back into Action Again.

If anything, showing the starter's evolution would only make buyers more excited...
For G5, the starters' first evos were indeed shown in CoroCoro but only upon the game's actual release month; their final evos were not previewed at all. Prior to it, it was all speculation (and some leaks).

So for G6, I agree that showing the starter evos early would be a bad move.

...a second old region...

Newsflash: Kalos and Unova are neighboring territories?

... Wishful thinking, I know. It would be REALLY hard to pull off another G2.

Last edited:

...a second old region...

Newsflash: Kalos and Unova are neighboring territories?

... Wishful thinking, I know. It would be REALLY hard to pull off another G2.

Looking at maps extensively, I personally concluded that a direct border is only possible with Johto (with Kalos being West/Northwest of it). But then you have Kanto starters rumored. Actually including two generations would be difficult, but I really want Kalos to at least have a location in comparison to the other regions (even if no travel between), just to keep the world "together"

Oh, cool, we'll be getting CoroCoro early again next month?

Plus we've got that "Pokemon Game Show" around the same time too.

Yeah, it's pretty much a classic "bancho" design.

The twig, the school jacket as a cape, spiky hair...honestly, though, I thought a bancho made sense from the get-go.

Bancho...? Pancho。。。m? 「パンチョム」 Yep, calling new nickname now. I'll have to come up with something decent for the guy that's not also already taken by virtually every other player. (Hello 'Yamcha')

In any event, shame we didn't get a single evo for the third month in a row...

For G5, the starters' first evos were indeed shown in CoroCoro but only upon the game's actual release month; their final evos were not previewed at all. Prior to it, it was all speculation (and some leaks).

So for G6, I agree that showing the starter evos early would be a bad move.
Just because they haven't done so before doesn't mean it would be a bad move.
As long as the designs are great, how could it not generate more hype? Just look at Xerneas and Yveltal.

Looking at maps extensively, I personally concluded that a direct border is only possible with Johto (with Kalos being West/Northwest of it). But then you have Kanto starters rumored. Actually including two generations would be difficult, but I really want Kalos to at least have a location in comparison to the other regions (even if no travel between), just to keep the world "together"

Uh, Jouto is based on part of Japan :I If anything, I've been expecting Chugoku/Shikoku, the real-world region(s) next to Jouto's real-world counterpart (regions which are also next to Houen, so make of that what you will) for Gen 6 from the get-go, and still can't believe they went for France instead. I know Silktree expects Z version to take place in that region to celebrate the franchise's 20th anniversary, something which I fully expect as well, as even-numbered gens always expand on past ones.

Last edited:

I know Silktree expects Z version to take place in that region to celebrate the franchise's 20th anniversary, something which I fully expect as well, as even-numbered gens always expand on past ones.

LOL, did he actually said it? If a region would be revisited for a franchise's anniversary, it would be Kanto, as it is the original one.

I know Silktree expects Z version to take place in that region to celebrate the franchise's 20th anniversary, something which I fully expect as well, as even-numbered gens always expand on past ones.

LOL, did he actually said it? If a region would be revisited for a franchise's anniversary, it would be Kanto, as it is the original one.

'Revisited' refers to going back to the Poke-Japan continent as a whole, which would most certainly entail going to the region by which Jouto, Kanto, and Houen would all be accessible. Going back solely to Kanto in a generation in which we can expect evolutions en masse via DLC--as even gens always contain plenty of superfluous evolutions barely used in the gen's primary pair--is a rather silly thing to assume at this point, especially considering that region's starters are more or less guaranteed to appear in X/Y.

I don't think we are going to see the starter evolutions (at least not in a legitimate reveal) before the game release. I don't think it would be a bad move for them or anything, but it's just counter to tradition. And you all just know how much GF loves to keep its fans in suspense for as long as humanly possible.

'Revisited' refers to going back to the Poke-Japan continent as a whole, which would most certainly entail going to the region by which Jouto, Kanto, and Houen would all be accessible. Going back solely to Kanto in a generation in which we can expect evolutions en masse via DLC--as even gens always contain plenty of superfluous evolutions barely used in the gen's primary pair--is a rather silly thing to assume at this point, especially considering that region's starters are more or less guaranteed to appear in X/Y.

Actually I agree with you completely, I think it's silly to go back to Poké Japan, I just said that doing it for the franchise anniversary would be even sillier for an excuse and if that was the case (going back to Poké Japan just for the anniversary), it would be most plausible to revisit Kanto than to do a new region in that country, hence why I said "LOL" and showed disvelief that he actually went and said that the 20th anniversary would be celebrated by making Pokémon Z take place in Poké Japan, which makes no sense. A region not included in XY would be featured on an unrelated game, not on Z, but whatever.

I can see them re-releasing all the old games in some kind of pack you can buy for relatively cheap over the 3DS store, like the Zelda franchise did, but not make a whole nother game with the old regions all wrapped in one. Not gonna happen.

Actually I agree with you completely, I think it's silly to go back to Poké Japan, I just said that doing it for the franchise anniversary would be even sillier for an excuse and if that was the case (going back to Poké Japan just for the anniversary), it would be most plausible to revisit Kanto than to do a new region in that country, hence why I said "LOL" and showed disvelief that he actually went and said that the 20th anniversary would be celebrated by making Pokémon Z take place in Poké Japan, which makes no sense. A region not included in XY would be featured on an unrelated game, not on Z, but whatever.

I don't see why the prospect of the Chugoku-based region being in Gen 6 is silly at all. If anything it's the most plausible scenario even with Kalos. Kanto by itself, meanwhile, makes just no sense whatsoever; at the very least they would include Jouto as it is accessible from Kanto, and the idea that they would wait until Gen VIII to introduce the Chugoku-based region in such a scenario is absurd. I do agree that it would seem a bit disjointed for XY to be in France on one hand, and their third version to be back in Japan on the other; the reason why I posit Z as the Chugoku game is simply that the prospect of completely unrelated main-series games in the same generation seems very unlikely.

I can see them re-releasing all the old games in some kind of pack you can buy for relatively cheap over the 3DS store, like the Zelda franchise did, but not make a whole nother game with the old regions all wrapped in one. Not gonna happen.

Not the discussion at hand. Have you looked at this map?

I imagine you should be able to fill in the dots here.

Last edited:

You're paraphrasing me fairly loosely. I said that there could be a brand new pair of games that would replace both a third version and remakes. The idea is that they would commemorate the franchise's history (or at least the first four generations) rather than just a single region like Kanto or Hoenn. An unexplored region located between Hoenn and Johto would work for that purpose.

Last edited:

You're paraphrasing me fairly loosely. I said that there could be a brand new pair of games that would replace both a third version and remakes. The idea is that they would commemorate the franchise's history (or at least the first four generations) rather than just a single region like Kanto or Hoenn. An unexplored region located between Hoenn and Johto would work for that purpose.

Perhaps I misunderstood you then; now that I think about it, I think I was the one who considered Z version being the game in question. In any event, the point still stands--it's incredibly difficult to see GF not including a Chugoku somewhere in this generation, for so many reasons.

In any event, the point still stands--it's incredibly difficult to see GF not including a Chugoku somewhere in this generation, for so many reasons.
I fully support the idea, but unfortunately it is not at all a stretch to imagine that not happening. We don't know what Game Freak's agenda is, so we're getting ahead of ourselves. But then so are people who are banking on remakes.

In any event, the point still stands--it's incredibly difficult to see GF not including a Chugoku somewhere in this generation, for so many reasons.
I fully support the idea, but unfortunately it is not at all a stretch to imagine that not happening. We don't know what Game Freak's agenda is, so we're getting ahead of ourselves. But then so are people who are banking on remakes.

Is it really plausible to expect them to wait until Gen VIII to go back to Poke-Japan while having four years of nothing but XY and its third version/sequels? That's something very unprecedented in terms of a generation being so long with such a stale repertoire. You yourself don't seem to expect this gen to be any shorter than 4 years due to 3DS sales-related factors.

I don't think we are going to see the starter evolutions (at least not in a legitimate reveal) before the game release. I don't think it would be a bad move for them or anything, but it's just counter to tradition. And you all just know how much GF loves to keep its fans in suspense for as long as humanly possible.

We might get a legitimate reveal for at least one of them. IIRC Pignite was revealed along with Lenora in Coro Coro. If we get a more in depth Gym Leader reveal for the current known leaders or another reveal (perhaps for a Fairy type leader) and one of the starter's 1st evolutions is strong against that leader we might get a reveal.

Back
Top Bottom