• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Not for XY Anime Discussion)

Re: CoroCoro Discussion Thread

Not even mad. I'm gonna wait like a week after launch to get the game for myself so I can let everyone else make the important discoveries for me ("important" here meaning things like "what's the nickname thing used for"), so I'm gonna know the evolutions before I start whether they leak or not.

I won't be mad at all. Unless you play the game as soon as you get it, somebody will grind their starter and post it online for you to see.

I don't know if you've forgotten or not, but due to time zones, the Aussies will have the games about 16 hours before us. So technically speaking, if you play the game as soon as you get it, you can know the final starter form, as well as other tips and secrets.

I'd be pretty disappointed...my first choice is Fennekin, and if we don't get at least one of the starter evos I'll still pick it, but I'm wary. Especially after I originally wanted Tepig back in Gen V, but immediately changed my mind after seeing it's evos :/

I feel like the odd ball out here. I usually am completely backwards when choosing a starter most of the time, I just tend to really go with what they look like in the beginning. Whatever they turn out to be in the end is fine by me as long as they are not some monstrous abomination.

I wouldn't be that mad to be honest. Although I'd love especially to see Fennekin's evos before release I actually think it would be quite fun to be surprised when my starter evolved in game.

Exact same here tbh. I don't care either way what GameFreak does - I would like to see the starter evos for curiosity's sake, but I would probably prefer that they weren't released (OR leaked because I wouldn't be able to control myself) as it would be cool for its evo to be a surprise, as well as for other Pokemon found. I'm getting the strategy guide, but I'm going to try and keep it chronological.

I would be happy not to know. Be nice to level something ingame not knowing the end result. I plan a media black out from the moment I get it to avoid spoilers.

On a scale of 1 to 10 how mad would you guys be if Game Freak decided to keep both the middle and last stages of the starters a complete secret until we got the games ourselves? I honestly would be extremely happy if that were to happen (leaks aside of course).

i would be annoyed since i wouldnt be able to make a informed choice, but at the same time it would be like reliving my pokemon red days... (almost)every new pokemon and evolution is a wonderful experience and a surprise. so.... i guess im ambivalent. ill probably go with froakie anyhow since my brothers are getting chespin and fennekin and we can always trade eggs.

I really couldn't give half a shit about seeing first stage evolutions for starters. I by far have the least attachment to any of them, and in many cases they don't even give you a great idea of what you'll end up with. Wartortle gets big fuzzy ears and a fluffier tail, and then gets struck with alopecia. Combusken still kinda looks like a chicken whereas Blaziken's far more anthropomorphized. Dewott and Servine were just bigger versions of their previous forms which then take 180s design wise in their final stages.

I'm pretty confident in what the final types will be of the starters, and I'd be fine with any of those. I've probably said this 50 times since we found out about the simultaneous release. This is the best chance to go into a game blind that I've had since I was 11 and playing RS for the first time; I'm going to take it. The chance to experience the games in a way I haven't been able to in over 10 years is worth a whole lot more to me than the possibility I end up with a starter on my first playthrough that has a final stage I end up not being stoked about.

On a totally unrelated subject, ever think that yveltal represents pollution and xerneas represents purity?

Ah, ok

Corocoro might reveal gym leaders, and evolutions to litleo, swirlix, and the flamingo like one.

Ah, ok

Corocoro might reveal gym leaders, and evolutions to litleo, swirlix, and the flamingo like one.

Yes, I also hope they reveal more evolutions of the new pokemon, like Flabebe, Spritzee and Litleo. But will they reveal starter evos.

BTW does anyone know if there will be pokemon information next in next month's CoroCoro?

Yes. Starting with the CoroCoro post-release, each issue will reveal more Sugimori Art, Gym Leader and E4 Art, as well as touch upon Events per usual.

Anyway, I imagine we're gonna have another E3-style divide with the Direct tommorow, probably any major announcements (type chart?) in the Direct and a few new Pokemon, maybe some shown without any fanfare, and then CoroCoro might have some new characters and a few more new Pokemon left to reveal.

Yes. Starting with the CoroCoro post-release, each issue will reveal more Sugimori Art, Gym Leader and E4 Art, as well as touch upon Events per usual.

Anyway, I imagine we're gonna have another E3-style divide with the Direct tommorow, probably any major announcements (type chart?) in the Direct and a few new Pokemon, maybe some shown without any fanfare, and then CoroCoro might have some new characters and a few more new Pokemon left to reveal.

Wait, is nintendo direct going on? And if so, where?

Wednesday, 7 a.m. Eastern / 4 a.m. Pacific .

Wait, is nintendo direct going on? And if so, where?
It's happening here

On a scale of 1 to 10 how mad would you guys be if Game Freak decided to keep both the middle and last stages of the starters a complete secret until we got the games ourselves?
Like maybe a -1? I think about the only generation where I honestly didn't know about the starters' (or my chosen starter's) final evo was Gen 3. Gen 1 was plastered on the box, I had a Gen 2 strategy guide, I knew a bit about the Gen 4 starters, and I'm sure I was slightly spoiled to Gen 5's....

On a scale of 1 to 10 how mad would you guys be if Game Freak decided to keep both the middle and last stages of the starters a complete secret until we got the games ourselves?
Like maybe a -1? I think about the only generation where I honestly didn't know about the starters' (or my chosen starter's) final evo was Gen 3. Gen 1 was plastered on the box, I had a Gen 2 strategy guide, I knew a bit about the Gen 4 starters, and I'm sure I was slightly spoiled to Gen 5's....

Yeah Generation 1 was for sure non-avoidable. Generation 2 I don't remember ever seeing the starters fully evolved forms so when my Totodile evolved for the first time I was pleasantly surprised. The same for Generation 3, I don't remember seeing them either and I was still pleasantly surprised. Generation 4 I saw them but I tried not to look too much into their designs. Generation 5 was overall the worst for me not only because that surprise element wasn't there but because the entire Pokédex was spoiled so when I encountered something it didn't feel "New" so to say.

There's also a certain special something about encountering a wild new Pokemon for the first time, even before NPC trainers are seen having them. There are many times your first encounter with a species is via an NPC trainer (e.g. most Gym Leaders) so that kind of "spoils" (or clues you in to) the identity and/or evolutions of certain species.

Back
Top Bottom