• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Not for XY Anime Discussion)

Re: Official CoroCoro Discussion Thread

After each gen gets 100+ Pokemon added on, it would be very underwhelming if we got 70-80 new Pokemon in Gen 6.

Well, at least we don't have to have a trash can pokemon as Mr. XY said. Having trash pokemon was one thing (that I got used to) but a trash can pokemon is a little too farfetched.

I don't really mind only 70~80 new Pokémon. It is better than introducing 150 or more.

80 Pokémon? You know how little that is, especially if you have ~10 legendaries! No, at least hundred (which isn't that much either).

100 is okay too, both Generations II and IV introduced around this number of new Pokémon. Generations III and V should have introduced ~100 too.

Also, they don't need to create 10 more legends, why not go back to the roots and create only 5?

Generations III and V should have introduced ~100 too.

Considering those are reboot Gens, most especially the latter a mere 100 or less does not work. As for the legends, Gamefreak should introduce around 5-6 now, and maybe introduce another 5-6 via DLC content to keep things interesting.

Overall, I like the idea of introducing around 80 or so Pokemon in X/Y and then introducing around 40-50 (max~30 minimum) more Pokemon later in the Generation also via DLC. They don't have to show us everything right away, and that keeps the number reasonable while giving greater focus to certain Pokemon at a certain time.

I prefer quality over quantity. I don't care if this gen brings 30 Pokémon, as long as they have awesome designs.

Why in the world are people expecting so few pokemon? All the gens had at least 100 pokemon, why would they change that? The pokes being models should not consume that much more memory. If this has to do with the 700 theory, that is silly and you know it. If you're just tired or overwhelmed by the fact that there's so many pokemon, then you should leave now and forget the 6th gen. My friends have suggested that Digimon has far more creatures, and I don't know all of them, either. Then again, Digimon is not as organized as Pokemon is. I have another suggestion in that light, though: Digimon used to number it's stuff until sometime in 02. As far as I know, people have largely ignored the numbers pokemon have for a long time now (since the third gen), except when concerning the amount of pokemon or possibly what gen a pokemon is in. Just forget the flipping numbers. I'm sure they will still exist, but if the numbers bother you so much, then why pay attention to them? They serve little purpose other than to remind us of the amount and what was in what gen. Ignore it. If you must know the amount, then you should not be complaining about how high the number is. I know the same can be said of how small the amount within the gen is. The pokemon have ALWAYS been one of the most prominent features of a new gen. THEY HAVE NO REASON TO MAKE LESS THAN 100. Why for the love of Tajiri would they do that? It's unprecedented? Why make new pokes at all then? Why make a new GEN at all? Is there a practical reason for having less pokes? I want to know.

I prefer quality over quantity. I don't care if this gen brings 30 Pokémon, as long as they have awesome designs.

I like quality as much as the next person, but 30 Pokemon? That wouldn't even be an amount worth it. Bringing out so few Pokemon would be a terrible move, because it wouldn't even leave room for enough different families or typings to even constitute as a good gen. One of the charms of Pokemon can be the variety of Pokemon, and what each gen manages to bring to the 'family'. The worst thing they could do is introduce a lackluster number of Pokemon to the gen.

I want as many pokemon as possible in the game already. I wouldn't mind a DLC pokemon or two, but some of these amounts are ludicrous. 40 as DLC? Even if they were only maybe about 50¢, that's $15. On pokemon. And I wouldn't even expect them to be that cheap. 99¢ seems more likely.

I don't mean to be a cheap ass, but I'm not willing to put out that much money to complete the pokedex.

THEY HAVE NO REASON TO MAKE LESS THAN 100. Why for the love of Tajiri would they do that? It's unprecedented? Why make new pokes at all then? Why make a new GEN at all? Is there a practical reason for having less pokes? I want to know.
You didn't real El_'s post, did you?

El_ said:
Overall, I like the idea of introducing around 80 or so Pokemon in X/Y and then introducing around 40-50 (max~30 minimum) more Pokemon later in the Generation also via DLC. They don't have to show us everything right away, and that keeps the number reasonable while giving greater focus to certain Pokemon at a certain time.
80 is a reasonable number as a starting point. There were only 81 new critters in Diamond and Pearl's Pokédex; the other 26 were either evolutions (and Rotom) that only got to shine in Platinum, or legendaries that were quite frankly, not all needed. In this day and age, the Pokémon that don't get due focus from the get-go should stay a complete surprise until they do become relevant.

DLC? Only if it's free, and it's not already in the coding. Even then, having 80 as default is silly when you're going to give away the rest anyway. Having to pay to have more is ludicrous. I would still demand a base of 100. Even then, not a lot of people are going to tolerate having to pay to have more pokemon. As for not revealing them all right away, they do that anyway. If you mean upon release, that is silly. If you don't want a lot of spoilers, then don't pay attention to the release and find them yourself. If not, then there is no reason to memorize them all right away. I'm not sure if even I can do that. In fact, I'm pretty sure I just remember pokemon from seeing them enough times, which should happen naturally. No need to rush about it. At least this release will make things easier by having all the localized names right away. (unless there is a lot of difference between the JP and American dates, in which we will still get the JP names first, but it won't last for long)

Free, no pay for their theory. Even then I would expect at least 110 to start off with then maybe another 30 added on. Under 100 and their will be some serious criticism from the media's part as it would blur the lines between new generation and quick cash in faster then you can say Pika-Pika.

If you don't want a lot of spoilers, then don't pay attention to the release and find them yourself. If not, then there is no reason to memorize them all right away. I'm not sure if even I can do that. In fact, I'm pretty sure I just remember pokemon from seeing them enough times, which should happen naturally. No need to rush about it. At least this release will make things easier by having all the localized names right away. (unless there is a lot of difference between the JP and American dates, in which we will still get the JP names first, but it won't last for long)
It has nothing to do with memory; please keep that kind of condescending remarks to yourself. Bombarding us with new Pokémon at the start of a new generation just leads to things becoming stale a year later. If Generation VI is going to last four years, I dread the feeling of boredom that I got in Generation IV.

I don't really care how many Pokémon will be there to begin with, but any Pokémon that is revealed in October should actually be available in the main adventure. Game Freak would be wise to keep anything else for a DLC event or another game release (which would be followed by a free DLC update for XY).

Chespin said:
Under 100 and their will be some serious criticism from the media's part as it would blur the lines between new generation and quick cash in faster then you can say Pika-Pika.
Oh please. The number of Pokémon is not what the media look at when reviewing new games.

Really? Cause with the current state of things, anything that can cause an alarmist title to go off in a Game Journo's head, its the number of Pokemon a game has. I can see the titles now, "Pokemon XY are a new generation, but the amount of Pokemon is cause for alarm. Is the Series Future in danger?" and stuff like that. Ship a Pokemon game with 100 or less Pokemon, and the vultures are gonna gobble it up pretty fast. Nothing would scream quick cash in as I said before then a distinctly low number of new Pokemon.

Really? Cause with the current state of things, anything that can cause an alarmist title to go off in a Game Journo's head, its the number of Pokemon a game has. I can see the titles now, "Pokemon XY are a new generation, but the amount of Pokemon is cause for alarm. Is the Series Future in danger?" and stuff like that. Ship a Pokemon game with 100 or less Pokemon, and the vultures are gonna gobble it up pretty fast. Nothing would scream quick cash in as I said before then a distinctly low number of new Pokemon.
I think you're just projecting your own opinion onto others. May I remind you how popular Gold and Silver were despite only introducing 100 Pokémon?

Still 100. Anything less is were I think media will have a hissy fit. Hasn't that been clear in my posts?

Ship a Pokemon game with 100 or less Pokemon, and the vultures are gonna gobble it up pretty fast.
You clearly said that even 100 would be a problem. And I think it's silly to think that 100 is the absolute required minimum, especially with DLC involved.

I wouldn't say silly, as much as I would say expected. I can't see them splitting the gen up in such a way is all. Opinions are magical, aren't they? And anyway, who's to say that outside of Legendaries DLC Pokemon will exist?

Back
Top Bottom