• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Not for XY Anime Discussion)

Re: Official CoroCoro Discussion Thread

They already updated the site this month; I can't see them doing it again a week later. So I don't think we'll be getting any new information.
They said that the trailer set to air on the 18th would reveal more information about the Mewtwo mystery. They'll update the website sooner rather than later.

As far as XY coverage goes, the CoroCoro cover scan only has information about the new pokemon/form that was just revealed a few days ago. I'm not expecting much game news from this issue, not even the pokemon's "name."

The good part of expecting nothing is that either you find you're right, or get a nice surprise.

So I choose not expecting anything. At best, the name of NewTwo and if it's a new Pokémon or just a new forme. And only because there's a small image at the cover.

BTW, people tend to forget CoroCoro is a manga/anime/games magazine and NOT a Pokémon magazine. So, Pokémon can get a special edition, a couple of pages, a little square at the corner or nothing at all.

They already updated the site this month; I can't see them doing it again a week later. So I don't think we'll be getting any new information.
They said that the trailer set to air on the 18th would reveal more information about the Mewtwo mystery. They'll update the website sooner rather than later.

There's a trailer coming out next week? Is this for the movie? How'd I miss this info??

There's a trailer coming out next week? Is this for the movie? How'd I miss this info??

Yeah, it's a trailer for the next movie. I believe that they announced it shortly after they revealed Newtwo on Pokemon Smash.

The fact that NewTwo is only a small part of the cover does make me worry that there's not much news again. It wouldn't surprise me, but it still would be kind of disappointing, although perhaps not as much when I'm not too excited for this issue like I have for the last couple of issues. Hopefully, there are a couple of pages for new information on Newtwo, especially when the trailer will confirm if it a new Pokemon or an alternate form for Mewtwo, but I'm not expecting a lot at this point.

I'll be content even if it's just a confirmation of whether it's new or just a forme. So long as it isn't a recap of what Smash already had to say. But really, anything's better than the last issue.

I'm not getting my hopes up either way. If it isn't related to the movie in any way, chances are, they won't talk about it until later on in the year.

I think it's safe to assume we aren't getting anything groundbreaking. Duel Masters and a few other anime/manga pages of this issue have already leaked, and even if the people taking with issues aren't pokemon fans, I'm sure we would have heard something by now if anything huge were in it.

I'm pretty doggone sure we got big loads of info BEFORE a movie release for the other developments. I guess that means I HAVE to do the research that no one else is willing to do.

Archive for D/P's development the year of it's release.

B/W's dev period

Looking in both, there was indeed a lull around this point in time for both dev periods, but May is definitely when info starts getting going. Now will you please stop insisting that the movie clogs up the info?

I doubt we'll get much. Maybe a little NewMew info, if that. We probably won't see anything significant until May. Oh well.

I do hope we will be receiving little serves of information more frequently than what we have been so far this year. Eventually we are going to have a vast collection of information dropped in our laps when the release date of the games draws closer, however, I would prefer we start receiving small but frequent announcements every couple of weeks.

No surprise it's nothing. Not even a height and weight though, which is about the only information they usually love to throw at us.

Them making a note of Mewtwo and Newtwo being interchangeable on the poster seems to me like even more evidence that it's still Mewtwo, just a forme.

Sigh.

P2nJRSh.jpg

And nothing of note again.

See you guys next month I guess....

it doesn't just say they are interchangeable on the poster, it says mewtwo has become a new shape on the new poster. so. i have a feeling that is being overlooked somehow. also the full page anime art of newtwo says "the moment of awakening!".

so.

and the japanese i am looking at for any doubters:
"なんと背景にいたミュウツーが覚醒して、新たな姿になっているぞ!"

"Mewtwo who was in the background has awakened and become a new form!"

Last edited:

I hope this means that there is a story link between Red & Blue to X & Y. That would make my day!

Okay, so at least we got that. 100% confirmed that it's a new form. One debate killed.

The only substantial news in CoroCoro is that the "new" pokemon is a Mewtwo forme. Another month rolls on by...

Back
Top Bottom