• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Not for XY Anime Discussion)

Re: Official CoroCoro Discussion Thread

I love the female protagonist! Her design is amazing. She gets a plus for wearing a hat too.

I'm very disappointed in the male protagonist though. I find his design to be alright (I love those boots), but the blue/brown palette bothers me cause it's something that has been done before. After Hilbert and Nate both having a blue/brown color palette, why should we have a third one that is basically XY's own version of Hilbert? I find Hilbert's design to be of very good quality, but reusing a winning concept isn't always going to end up being good, and this one didn't in my honest opinion.

I agree to your thoughts about the male character. he just seems way to reused from Nate and Hilbert. i thought the girl was meh but she seems to be more fashion based in her design.the new girl, she isnt bad but i do prefer Rosa and Hilda over her.

Found this on Pokejungle (although it looks more like a Yayukoma with open wings to me)
original1.jpg

Just a thought about that splash screen showing the Lass trainer...

Maybe they have that because trainers won't be shown on the battlefield?

That's impossible. They've already shown the standard people standing around that I assume are trainers. I, too, question this design choice since we have models. However, we know little about the battle environment. It could be possible they did this because the trainers will not occupy the battle environment. In other words, since the trainer will not be present on the field, they show a portrait instead as the intro. True, I could take all that we have seen to be tweaked wild battles, but somehow, something makes me think that we'll see only pokemon in the battle environment.

Last edited by a moderator:

That's impossible. They've already shown the standard people standing around that I assume are trainers.
I meant in battle. The 3D models for the characters are relatively low-quality compared to the in-battle models. So I'm thinking they might not've made in-battle quality models for the trainers, or they don't render the trainers while in-battle so better graphics can be shown.

Edit: ...And your edit kinda nullified my post.

I love the female protagonist! Her design is amazing. She gets a plus for wearing a hat too.

I'm very disappointed in the male protagonist though. I find his design to be alright (I love those boots), but the blue/brown palette bothers me cause it's something that has been done before. After Hilbert and Nate both having a blue/brown color palette, why should we have a third one that is basically XY's own version of Hilbert? I find Hilbert's design to be of very good quality, but reusing a winning concept isn't always going to end up being good, and this one didn't in my honest opinion.

I agree to your thoughts about the male character. he just seems way to reused from Nate and Hilbert. i thought the girl was meh but she seems to be more fashion based in her design.the new girl, she isnt bad but i do prefer Rosa and Hilda over her.
And nobody else noticed that Lucas from DPPt has the same colour scheme.

A friend of mine said: "The lizard is lame, I hope it evolves into a dragon or something"

While I don't think Erikiteru is lame, the fact it has Normal as a secondary type made me think about evolutions or forms' typing.

It could pull a Swablu.

We don't have an Electric/Dragon do we?

Zekrom is mainly dragon though, with electric as it's secondary.

If puppy lizard did become dragon, electric would be it's primary typing.

These new guys are really Good band Cool looking.

Yes, charater customization. :) I friken am excited about that option. and i really love the new girl's design (all 3 of them). I'm not really into the males design which is a first for me.

I also love the pokemon's design, the panda is my favorate of the others.

Wow, i was so excited to see these new scans! I actually love all the new pokemon and info!

The panda is freakin awesome/cute, and I might use one. It's a confirmed fighting type, and I'm gonna guess that it's going to evolve into either Fighting/Grass or Fighting/Dark :)

The Normal/Electric lizard is okay. I kinda like it. Very interesting that it has Normal as a secondary type to Electric. Plus electric reptile.

The grass goat looks awesome already. Aside from the great design, I want to ride it! Actually, I had been planning on choosing Chespin as my starter, however, now that this goat has been revealed, I want it [goat] to be my grass type instead ^_^ But I'm still undecided.

I really like the new regional bird this time. Pidove was very lackluster, so this is looking up :) I'll definitely be using it. The fact that it can learn Flame Charge is interesting as well. It may evolve into a fire/flying type, or simply remain normal/flying with some fire moves. Either way, looks good to me.

I'm definitely looking forward to the customization, however, I am a bit concerned as to how much customization we can actually do. I hope we can at least change eye color, hair color, and skin color at minimum.

Overall, everything looks great and this is great news! I know it seems very early, but I've already started thinking about my team a little :) It depends on what starter I get, but I knwo for sure that I'll be getting Sylveon, the regional bird that was just revealed, and my starter (probably Froakie or Chespin, leaning slightly towards Froakie.)

And still nothing about the legendaries and Sylveon again.

Are we sure this is every page? There could be more scans with a little bit more info.

I'm actually surprised it isn't part Dark-type.

It could still evolve into a Fighting/Dark type. Although, there is a leaf in its mouth which could suggest evolution into a Fighting/Grass type.

Last edited:

The scans came out this morning, so I assume we'd have new stuff by now if there was any.

I still feel like were missing out on something with the page that has Yvetal and Xerneas cut out.

I really like these new Pokemon. The panda is so CUTE, I know who's joining my final team.

I really love the male protagonists look, but I honestly see no resemblance to Hilbert or Nate at all. D: I'm glad you can make him blonde, too, I do love blonde guys...

I really like these new Pokemon. The panda is so CUTE, I know who's joining my final team.

I really love the male protagonists look, but I honestly see no resemblance to Hilbert or Nate at all. D: I'm glad you can make him blonde, too, I do love blonde guys...
This, I can't stand when people hate on a certain Pokemon because of it's design.

Hey, sometimes I don't like them because of their design and their type. It's a factor, but not a major point.

Back
Top Bottom