• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Not for XY Anime Discussion)

Re: CoroCoro Discussion Thread

I'm hearing that a Pokémon needs to carry some sort of item to be in its Mega form? That could be an interesting balancing mechanism if true.

It's been confirmed.

corocorocover8.jpg

It's been confirmed.

corocorocover8.jpg

no no no no no no no no no no

Brilliant idea GameFreak. It's about time Blaziken got an evolution! Now it'll finally be useable :eek:

Mega Evolutions...

2790538-what_is_this_sorcery.jpg

Why Game Freak? Don't get me wrong they look cool and all but if this means taking the short cut and not giving a Pokémon such as Mawile a full on evolution then they can keep they're MegaMons, hopefully there is still some hope for a real Mawile Evolution since Mega Evolutions only last until a battle ends then the Pokémon reverts back to its normal self. I will say though that MegaBlaziken looks pretty badass.

So long as it's optional and not permanent (which it's looking like it's not), I'll be fine with this. Just another somethingsomething I can ignore.

So these are still referred to as evolutions of some sort, despite seemingly not being permanent. Now the big question is this: Are these new Pokemon? We know they're not forms nor average evolutions; they're something entirely different. But the difference between the former two boils down to whether or not they are new species. So, are Mega Evolutions new species? Points against that could be that they have very similar names and designs to their original counterparts, while points for that could be that they are referred to as evolutions. So far, there's no evidence that these names won't appear in the HP bars in full, which in turn would make them unique species. There might a separate Pokedex dedicated to Mega Evolutions, or they could simply be incorporated in the 'Forms' category of each Pokemon's Pokedex entry (in which case, I say Mega Evolutions are simply a different name for forms). Oh, and by the way, this is most likely what the DNA symbol represents in the game logo and on the Trainers' wristwatches. So...what exactly are those devices capable of?

It's like Pokemons in steroids. Fancy element but I did wished for Mawile to have a proper evolution eventhough only a few people would use it lol.
So about this Mega evolution, do some Pokemons only gain secondary typing or do they gain bonus stats as well?

The evolutions themselves look amazing, but I still don't know if I like the idea or not.

I think we need to know more (like how it works) before we can judge.

Game Freak have a bad habit on revealing awesome features but then...leaving it. Just letting it hang. Like they did with Sylveon's type.

I'm guessing all of the Pokemon information from this issue has been leaked. If so, it's a shame that Oorotto, Super Training, gyms, and region locations were not elaborated upon in this CoroCoro.

I... personally have no problem with 'Mega Evolution' but that's probably because I left to play games for a bit after discovering it, so I don't quite mind it as much as I original did. That said; I've been hearing rumors circulating that there's more CoroCoro pages still hanging about, can anyone confirm this?

I think the reason they did this was because fans wanted evolutions of Pokemon like Mawile, Lucario, and Absol, and they're already powerful Pokemon themselves, so Mega Evolutions are a way of keeping the Pokemon and increasing the stats. Plus this leaves more space in the Pokedex for original Pokemon instead of clustering it with evos and pre-evos like in Gen IV.

Look like GF just ripped off ultimate evolution from Puzzle and Dragon.

I'm guessing all of the Pokemon information from this issue has been leaked. If so, it's a shame that Oorotto, Super Training, gyms, and region locations were not elaborated upon in this CoroCoro.

Hey man, some stuff is best left undiscovered!

It's not just Puzzle and Dragon, 'Mega Evolution' has been around for awhile now. Digimon being the biggest example, and another example I can think of being the Keitai Denjuu Telefang series.

I am a bit disappointed that there's no info on Oorotto. I actually forgot about it at first.

Actually, the small section below Meekuru could be referred to Super Training, but the scans are so low quality.

Actually, the small section below Meekuru could be referred to Super Training, but the scans are so low quality.

Ah. But the point still stands.

Back
Top Bottom