• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

Man, some of the paroxysms on this thread. I think we all know deep down there are no more megas. Gamefreak have spent all their mega stock before the games have even come out. Awful marketing, but hardly out of character for them.

Someone claims to have a copy of ORAS. They apparently shared several screenshots with Reddit moderators, but they're afraid of posting them due to what happened last year with XY. However, someone did get this screenshot from the alleged leaker.

The only part that seems suspicious to me is that in the Youtube video, the Reddit moderator says that he believes that the leaker told him about encountering Bueary in the wild. We know from the demo that Buneary isn't in the Hoenn Pokédex, so something is fishy unless the moderator just remembered that part wrong (which is an odd thing to do, but it's possible). Buneary wasn't actually shown in any of the screenshots.

Last edited:
Man, some of the paroxysms on this thread. I think we all know deep down there are no more megas. Gamefreak have spent all their mega stock before the games have even come out. Awful marketing, but hardly out of character for them.

Um..speak for yourself. I don't think there are no more Megas. I don't think the demo is a clear indication of everything that is in the games. It would be silly for Game Freak to reveal all the Megas before the games are out. Isn't discovery one of the major objectives in the Pokemon games? Why bother playing if they've revealed everything already....

Hey, if I'm wrong and there are no Megas left then that's fine. I'd probably just shake my head and move on.

It feels like this is the most anticipated Corocoro yet within the community... so of course it feels like it's taking forever to leak. Truly the gods aren't on our side.

It feels like this is the most anticipated Corocoro yet within the community... so of course it feels like it's taking forever to leak. Truly the gods aren't on our side.
Its more like the leaks this time came out extremely early compared to gen 5 and XY, and our expectations are now a bit askewed.

The only part that seems suspicious to me is that in the Youtube video, the Reddit moderator says that he believes that the leaker told him about encountering Bueary in the wild. We know from the demo that Buneary isn't in the Hoenn Pokédex, so something is fishy unless the moderator just remembered that part wrong (which is an odd thing to do, but it's possible). Buneary wasn't actually shown in any of the screenshots.

Well, in this trailer both Buneary and Lopunny are shown between all the catchable Hoenn Pokémon, Lopunny is even shown when it says "Who will be on your team?" It would be weird to show them if you couldn't actually catch them ingame. So maybe the demo info wasn't final after all?

I deeply wish it was true that there were no more Megas, but Megas are Gamefreak's dead horse right now and they are gonna keep on beatin' that sucka until it's mulch.

Ooc, what are we actually expecting CoroCoro to leak this month? (It's weird with remakes because you already know the basic stuff...there's no gym leader reveal and trying to figure out what type they raise, no first glimpses of the all new PCs and rivals, no leaked new Pokemon shots.)

Looks like there is no substantial ORAS news this time around.

The fact that the Mega Evolution poster has been uploaded online while nothing else Pokémon-related in the magazine was shows that there isn't any real news.

Looks like there is no substantial ORAS news this time around.

The fact that the Mega Evolution poster has been uploaded online while nothing else Pokémon-related in the magazine was shows that there isn't any real news.

The poster isn't from this months CoroCoro, it's from a Special CoroCoro directed at a younger audience that was released in late-October, it was just never posted about because it had no new info.

The poster isn't from this months CoroCoro, it's from a Special CoroCoro directed at a younger audience that was released in late-October, it was just never posted about because it had no new info.

But even so, the fact that nothing has been posted from this month's edition is telling.

The entire CoroCoro magazine is usually leaked before this date on a given month. If there is any news in the magazine, it's probably stuff we have already seen, so the usual leakers do not consider it worth uploading.

The entire CoroCoro magazine is usually leaked before this date on a given month.
In a lot of those cases, the official release date was before the 15th.

If there is any news in the magazine, it's probably stuff we have already seen, so the usual leakers do not consider it worth uploading.
The last B2W2 scoop was only leaked on the 13th. Suffice to say that there was actual news to be had there.

But even so, the fact that nothing has been posted from this month's edition is telling.

The entire CoroCoro magazine is usually leaked before this date on a given month. If there is any news in the magazine, it's probably stuff we have already seen, so the usual leakers do not consider it worth uploading.

Yes, "usually" that's the case, and it's not always the case, in fact leaking on the 12th or 13th used to be the common dates for CoroCoro leaks before Gen VI. Also, like Silktree said, a lot of issues in the ORAS lead up have been early releases, I believe there is only 2/3 of which were actually released on the 15th.

I don't want people to assume I'm defending the mag not leaking yet as wishful thinking or in denial about information, because honestly I don't expect much/anything from the mag this month anyway, but at least give it until the 13th/14th to start claiming that the magazine has nothing yet.

I mean, the games come out next week. I don't assume CoroCoro will have anything super amazing when the release is so close, anyway, so there's really no point in being so hung up about this last issue, imo. The only reason people are making suck a big deal out of it is because they assume it'll basically confirm or deny if there are any more Megas.

Uh, guys even if its something geographically small, we habe no info on the battle resort, the remaining gyms, and any last surprises in the gsme, like the tick house. Late doesn't equal nothing.

Considering it's only the 12th, I don't get why people are saying it's 'late'. These are leaks after all, it's not like they have a set release date as to when they can secure a copy of the magazine early.

I'm keen to see the Battle Resort, but I'm also wanting them to leave that as a surprise as everything else has kindof already been spilled.

Wait, so CoroCoro's not going to have ANY new info? Boy, the marketing team sure blew that up.
We don't know that, and it really wouldn't make any sense. The poster we have is from another magazine (called CoroCoro Special) that was released in late October.

Oh. Thank you for the clarification! Hope has been restored!

Today on things that make my blood pressure rise: whiny babies (not here, another forum) going into a clearly labelled article all about leaks, and then being butthurt about being spoiled.

ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME GTFO :mad:

I'm not sure what's worse, the stupidity at being surprised over spoilers in a spoiler section, or the arrogance of expecting the entire rest of the internet to edit their content specifically for your delicate little sensibilities. Take some damn responsibility for your browsing, people! You have the power!

I honestly don't mind if CoroCoro leaks or not at this point - it'll be released soon so we'll know definitely whether there's anything of interest (and if there was, I'm sure someone wanting their 5 minutes of internet fame would have spammed it over every possible social media by now, C&D be damned), and even if there's nothing in Coro Coro the game will be in the hands of people very soon, and leaks are sure to follow. The Reddit dude looks more promising than CoroCoro right now.

Back
Top Bottom