• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

I'd settle for Raichu getting some love in the way of getting some decent Fairy special attack moves.

Poor Raichu. It will forever be the older, fatter sister of the most beloved little rat in the entire franchise, lol.

What do you mean by "Zygarde as a character"? He doesn't really have much character yet. He's just a Legendary chillin' in a cave. (Like Giratina before Platinum and Kyurem before B2/W2.) The Pokedex mentions how he is "monitoring the ecosystem" but that's not much to go on.

As for Perfect Forme, I'll give you the fact that it doesn't look feminine at all, but according to my research, Hel was described by some dude named High as being "half black and half flesh-colored" because she was apparently half alive and half dead. Zygarde Perfect Forme has one blue umm... wing? I guess. and one red one. Also when his chest-mouth thing opens up, one side is blue and the other red. Most likely, the blue is representing Xerneas (who represents life) while the red is representing Yveltal (who represents death). That seems like a pretty likely correlation to Hel to me, since we know the Gen VI Legendaries are based on Norse mythology.

The thing is what we do know about Zygarde doesn't relate to anything those three characters do in their lore. The theory is basically just going off of a fact that we have a humanoid, a dog and a snake (who was supposed to be Nighogg, but now is suddenly Jormungandr), while also ignoring the cute little cells being ignored in the corner. I can kind of see the point of the red and blue on Zygarde, but as you said, they're likely meant to be representative of Xerneas and Yveltal and don't necessarily have to serve as a correlation between Zygarde and Hel, especially since Hel was described as having a rotting lower half.

Also, we don't know that they're based off of Norse Mythology, it's just a theory that we have. It may be a popular theory, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's right as there have been fan theories aplenty that are popular and didn't amount to anything in canon.

It hasn't been confirmed anywhere, but I can't think of anything else the'd be based on if not Norse mythology. You're right about Zygarde's only relation to them being cosmetic though (at least for now).

I think people were saying he's based on Nidhogg because of his Ground-typing and the fact that Nidhogg chewed on Yggdrasil's roots (which is obviously underground). But if I'm right about the Hel thing, in Poetic Edda, Hel (the location, not the deity) is described as being under 1 of Yggdrasil's roots. So that could explain the Ground-typing.

As far as relating it to the lore... maybe since Jormungandr (henceforth referred to as Joe) grew big enough to wrap around the world and bite his own tail & they said when he lets go the world will end... maybe when Zygarde senses something drastic harming the ecosystem he will emerge and turn into Perfect Forme to destroy the threat. This would correlate his emergence to Joe "letting go" and assuming Perfect Forme to "send them to Hel (location)" (which Hel (deity) was ruler of). I have no idea how Fenrir would fit into this though, and I got no clue about Zygarde Core Forme & Zygarde Cell Forme. Maybe Core and Cell have some science-y reason behind them to go with the hexagonal pattern on Zygarde's body instead of a Norse reason.

I have very little knowledge of Norse mythology, and pretty much all of this is just my speculation, but I'm think there's at least a decent chance of me being somewhere in the ballpark.

Sorry for being very late on this, I got caught up with some other things so I wasn't able to stay on long enough to respond. I'll get to the point for this post:

My thing about the theory is that the three don't necessarily have to be based on something. We've had legendaries that take from a concept and not from a specific mythology before, and the same could've happened with the XYZ legendaries. I understand that may not be the case and these three may have specific mythological inspirations, but it kind of feels at times we're just looking for an inspiration to put them in rather then considering the possibility that they're just their own thing.

Ultimately though, I feel that maybe it's best to just let it be for now as we each have our theories and ideas for them.

I'd settle for Raichu getting some love in the way of getting some decent Fairy special attack moves.

Poor Raichu. It will forever be the older, fatter sister of the most beloved little rat in the entire franchise, lol.

What is this "Raichu" you speak of? Is it a new type of Mega Evolution for Pikachu?

So Japan are getting a shiny distribution for the Kalos legendaries and possible stuff on PSMD, according to Serebii on his twitter.

I guessed we wouldn't get anything this month after September's blowout.

So Japan are getting a shiny distribution for the Kalos legendaries and possible stuff on PSMD, according to Serebii on his twitter.

Well we do have October 29th, which the American site felt was a relevant enough date to tell us about for the Anime starting. Serebii has said on Gaf that he expects an announcement around then.

Saw the shiny event on Tumblr, but the post didn't explain it was Japan only (should of figured it out but the excitement overtook me), now I feel like an idiot. DX. Oh well, hopefully we'll see the shiny distributions here in America and everywhere else in the world, because I want those shinies super bad! (Which, I'm sure we will, but you never know with these events.)

Pretty exciting to see that shiny Xerneas and shiny Yveltal are going to be distributed. Now let's hope that other countries besides Japan get these guys too. On the topic of the Zygarde not being shiny, probably the Zygarde in the supposed "Z" game(s) isn't going to be shiny locked or a much simple answer is that they probably want the Zygarde to match the one that appears in the anime. I'd go as far to say that the shiny Xerneas and shiny Yveltal that are to be distributed are probably just to commemorate the new arc of the anime and won't even appear on the show, though I have to ask myself why they were drawn in the anime style (like Zygarde's forms) if they aren't to appear at all?

Last edited:

Well we do have October 29th, which the American site felt was a relevant enough date to tell us about for the Anime starting. Serebii has said on Gaf that he expects an announcement around then.

Really? Do you have a source for that?

Do you mean a source for Serebii's prediction, or for the anime starting date?

I wonder why the Zygarde in the giveaway is non-shiny. Xerneas & Yveltal are both shiny. Maybe they're saving shiny Zygarde for a future event?

Do you mean a source for Serebii's prediction, or for the anime starting date?

I wonder why the Zygarde in the giveaway is non-shiny. Xerneas & Yveltal are both shiny. Maybe they're saving shiny Zygarde for a future event?

Serebii's prediction.

And yeah...who knows what they have up their sleeve with Zygarde lol...

Serebii's prediction.

Honestly, I can't seem to find the original tweet I was talking about (possibly deleted), but here's another tweet by Joe saying we could expect PSMD news from this month's CoroCoro.

Here ya go!

Joe's first post on that page is #708. That's when he theorizes PSMD news in Corocoro, which was correct. Post #710 was when he theorizes Pokemon Z. And finally post #715 is when he adds some more info for his prediction.

Serebii's prediction.

Honestly, I can't seem to find the original tweet I was talking about (possibly deleted), but here's another tweet by Joe saying we could expect PSMD news from this month's CoroCoro.

Here ya go!

Joe's first post on that page is #708. That's when he theorizes PSMD news in Corocoro, which was correct. Post #710 was when he theorizes Pokemon Z. And finally post #715 is when he adds some more info for his prediction.

I find it extremely interesting he basically called the event legendaries as well. His prediction was almost spot on lol

Serebii's prediction.

Here ya go!

I find it extremely interesting he basically called the event legendaries as well. His prediction was almost spot on lol

Chances are he was likely thinking of AZ's Floette. No one could have guessed Shiny Xerneas, Shiny Yveltal, and a normal Zygarde.

Serebii's prediction.

Here ya go!

Chances are he was likely thinking of AZ's Floette. No one could have guessed Shiny Xerneas, Shiny Yveltal, and a normal Zygarde.

Well yeah he was probably thinking something different, but it's still impressive he predicted accurately that there would b a event at all. That, coupled with his SMD prediction is pretty awesome lol I really hope he's right about a game announcement around the 29th......I can't take this anymore hahaha

@TerraTF; Thanks!

Before we get too excited, let's keep in mind that he thought there would be an announcement of Z at worlds as well....

This month's corocoro mentions a Zygarde Core with a Blue Hexagon instead of a red one. So there may be two Zygarde Core in the potential new game. Also corocoro reveal password for reviver seeds for Super Mystery Dungeon.

STILL NO POKEMON Z ANNOUNCEMENT!?!?! (flips table)

Edit: That was last month's CoroCoro. whoops

Back
Top Bottom