• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

They have never just announce games with a logo, even BW were we knew nothing had screenshots.
Of course they could give us the Sugimori art for Zygarde Complete and confirm that it has an in-game story, but I am not sure how well that would be taken.

Last edited:
The thing is we didn't just get the logos, we also got concept art. So you can say we looped back to very early Pokemon 2.

I still think they were holding out so there would be more info dumps and less dry spells this time around. Especially since SM are the 20th anniversary games and all.

I think there's a chance that we might get the regional bird at least, seeing as they kind of spoiled it already in the announcement trailer.

The 3rd week after Corocoro release is the worse. It's after all the news from last month been talked to death but the news from this month still isn't here yet.
In term of reveal, I think it's reasonable to expect the image of the box legend before the starters or the regional bird. After all, they are the box legend. I also recall Xerneas and Yveltal was released first in X and Y in that 3d clip.
I think there's a chance that we might get the regional bird at least, seeing as they kind of spoiled it already in the announcement trailer.
Yeah, it's seem like you forgot a certain tree called Trevenant.

Of course they could give us the Sugimori art for Zygarde Complete and confirm that it has an in-game story, but I am not sure how well that would be taken.
Considering they have yet to keep entire moves and forms unreleased within a generation, CoroCoro may reveal some sort of Zygarde/Floette-related software that will be compatible with XYORAS and will promote Sun/Moon by featuring the Formes. They might choose to do this before the bigger Sun/Moon coverage starts.

I really hope that they have some good details about Sun/Moon. While the release date for the games is far away, not doing any significant reveals until May would be so much worse. Having some bits of detail every month or so without giving away too much would be nice. I'm really hoping that we'll get either the new Starter Pokemon, the new box Legendary Pokemon or the new playable trainers. Details on the new region itself would be neat, but those are my main hopes for the new issue. At least the new issue should be available later this week or by the weekend.

I really hope that they have some good details about Sun/Moon. While the release date for the games is far away, not doing any significant reveals until May would be so much worse. Having some bits of detail every month or so without giving away too much would be nice. I'm really hoping that we'll get either the new Starter Pokemon, the new box Legendary Pokemon or the new playable trainers. Details on the new region itself would be neat, but those are my main hopes for the new issue. At least the new issue should be available later this week or by the weekend.
Friday or Saturday should be the earliest the magazine gets leaked, European time at least. If not by then, iirc Fridays the next week summary for Pokenchi updates. If we catch wind that the episode with Masuda, Morimoto and Ohmori is on the 20th, then there definitely will be news in CoroCoro. Then again, Magiana was leaked by the 11th so it probably won't boil down to that.

Yeah, at this point, I'm pretty sure that if Sun and Moon come up in Corocoro, it'll be starters and/or box Legendaries.
I really hope there's something; I want things to speculate on, since we had something of a dry spell before this.
From that point on, I wouldn't mind if things like the regional bird, Pikaclone, the Lucario, possible Eeveelution and some Megas got revealed in the next few Corocoros. Things that build up hype. would be perfect.

Maybe something small this month and something big next month or two. Plus E3 might show some footage or something.

Friday or Saturday should be the earliest the magazine gets leaked, European time at least. If not by then, iirc Fridays the next week summary for Pokenchi updates. If we catch wind that the episode with Masuda, Morimoto and Ohmori is on the 20th, then there definitely will be news in CoroCoro. Then again, Magiana was leaked by the 11th so it probably won't boil down to that.

I didn't quite get the gist of that in Masuda's tweets about Pokenchi. Is it supposed to be anything significant?(I'm not very good with Japanese, except the Pocket Monsters titles)

I didn't quite get the gist of that in Masuda's tweets about Pokenchi. Is it supposed to be anything significant?(I'm not very good with Japanese, except the Pocket Monsters titles)
Pokenchi is the replacement to Pokemon Sunday, Smash, and Get TV. The first one had revealed HGSS, the second B2W2, abd Get had nothing really. This year, of course any of Masuda's appearances led to nothing, just doing some interviews. We know that an upcoming epaside in the next 4 or so weeks will feature Masuda, Morimoto, and Ohmori not from Masuda, but from Shokotan's blog, one of the hosts and bigger public figures for the franchise in general for Japan. So yeah, if not news this month, then I definitely think next month will, for Gamefreak's Big 3 to all show up on the show together.

@Bolt the Cat But they have been working on Sun and Moon since...perhaps after a month since the release of ORAS? If they took about more than a year to make the new generation happen, then its wise to start telling us about whats to come.

But then again, the dev team dont really care, so sucks to be me.

I highly sure that they had at lease brainstorming about Gen 7 even before ORAS' released...

Coro2 needs to release something....

Even just a pictures on coming soon is fine imo.

Well if the Strange Souvenir is related to SM then they've been planning/working on this since before XY released since that was in XY.
Yeah, my suspicion is that initial planning and deciding region, etc. began during the later stages of XY's development.

Other than the box mascots and starters I'm hoping for some screenshots (or a trailer the day CoroCoro is released). I'm really curious to see how the games will look like.

So apparently Corocoro is coming early this month(on the 11th that is) so the leaks could happen at any moment now.

Back
Top Bottom